Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
bb4.jpg

Reactions: BostonBruins11

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Bump. Can't recall it ever taking this long to see how the B's forwards are lining up. Is no one there?
I go more for drill ideas, but if memory serves...

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Johnson-Coyle-Lysell (63 not on the ice)
Frederic-Poitras-Koepke (Freddie and Potsy alternated at C)
Tufte-Letierri-Merkulov
I'm not sure the lines for the fourth liners (Beecher, Brazeau, Jones, Kasellic) but I know Duran was skating with 2 of them. I forget who the other two were skating with, maybe Geekie. That's all I can remember for the lines.

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
That's all I remember for the D.

I thought Lohrei looked fantastic.
Tufte is massive.
Bussi looked fantastic. Huge and ate pucks up in scrambles and tips.
Coyle-Lysell had some nice connections. Johnson didn’t look as sharp as the other two. He and Coyle missed on a couple 1timer passes.
Kasellic looked really good too. Fast and he finished his chances.
Jones is also really fast and has a wicked snap shot blocker side.

1 day, the first day, mostly flow drills so I wouldn't read much into any of it. I will say this defense has been given the green light to ROAM offensively. They had a drill that ends with a 5on5 and the D were circling and running scissor plays and cycles and you'd get two D at the net and 2 F's at the point sometimes... The whole practice looked very interchangeable in terms of positions. Frederic and Poitras down low as the "C" at different times. Ditto for Coyle/Johnson and Lindholm/Zacha. Tons of movement on both sides of the puck.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
New guy did not look good to me, but again Day 1, practice 1. Maybe he was jet lagged.
Let's hope you guys he's not pressed into service with the big club.

Though possibly gamesmanship, the fact that Sweeney floated the possibility that Swayman would remain unsigned until December 1 is an ominous sign.

The old saw is that the playoff picture begins - begins - to come into focus by American Thanksgiving.

If they don't sign him soon, the circumstance has the potential to be disastrous.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Tufte-Letierri-Merkulov
I'm not sure the lines for the fourth liners (Beecher, Brazeau, Jones, Kasellic) but I know Duran was skating with 2 of them. I forget who the other two were skating with, maybe Geekie. That's all I can remember for the lines.

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Tufte is massive.
Coyle-Lysell had some nice connections. Johnson didn’t look as sharp as the other two. He and Coyle missed on a couple 1timer passes.

1 day, the first day, mostly flow drills so I wouldn't read much into any of it. I will say this defense has been given the green light to ROAM offensively. They had a drill that ends with a 5on5 and the D were circling and running scissor plays and cycles and you'd get two D at the net and 2 F's at the point sometimes... The whole practice looked very interchangeable in terms of positions. Frederic and Poitras down low as the "C" at different times. Ditto for Coyle/Johnson and Lindholm/Zacha. Tons of movement on both sides of the puck.

Thank you!

Lysell is sort of the "news" here. Seems like management is going to give him the inside track.

Geekie will obviously be on one of the middle two lines. If Lysell makes it, then L3. If Lysell does not make it, then he goes to L2 and a big body, like Brazeau or Kastelic, slides up to L3.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Id like to see

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle/Poitras Poitras/Coyle

Essentially do what Dallas did with Benn/Johnston his first couple years.

Reactions: HustleB

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Thank you!

Lysell is sort of the "news" here. Seems like management is going to give him the inside track.

Geekie will obviously be on one of the middle two lines. If Lysell makes it, then L3. If Lysell does not make it, then he goes to L2 and a big body, like Brazeau or Kastelic, slides up to L3.
Yeah, Lysell went with Coyle in 2on2's and then Johnson would join them at LW for 3on2's and 5on5. He's definitely getting first crack at the spot.

On the flip side Merkulov was stuck on Providence's #1 line while Lysell and Duran ran with NHL'ers, albeit 4th liners.

Monty talked about the combos. How you'll see a line or D pair that look like the regular NHL line but then see another line that's 2 vets and a rookie. We see it every year but I liked how he described it as a way to spread the "culture" up and down the lineup and to the new kids.

Id like to see

Zacha Lindholm Pastrnak
Marchand Coyle/Poitras Poitras/Coyle

Essentially do what Dallas did with Benn/Johnston his first couple years.
Fwiw, Marchand and Poitras ran into each other a lot when they played together last year. Poitras seemed to play his best with simple, big bodied wingers like Frederic and Geekie, but I'm sure that will change eventually. Maybe even this year.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Let's hope you guys he's not pressed into service with the big club.

Though possibly gamesmanship, the fact that Sweeney floated the possibility that Swayman would remain unsigned until December 1 is an ominous sign.

The old saw is that the playoff picture begins - begins - to come into focus by American Thanksgiving.

If they don't sign him soon, the circumstance has the potential to be disastrous.
I think they built their camp with the expectation of having 6 goalies so with Swayman out this new guy is just a body to make the drills work. On Monday they can send a group to Providence (along with 2 goalies) and still have 2 goalies for each Boston group next week.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I think they built their camp with the expectation of having 6 goalies so with Swayman out this new guy is just a body to make the drills work. On Monday they can send a group to Providence (along with 2 goalies) and still have 2 goalies for each group next week.
By the way, sorry about the speech to text. Otherwise, it would take me 20 minutes to type a single sentence.

I exaggerate for a fact. But not by much,

✌️🍁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PlayMakers

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Tufte-Letierri-Merkulov

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Tufte is massive.

Thank you so much for the update.

"I thought Lohrei looked fantastic.
Tufte is massive."

Lohrei is a stud. I bet he bulked up and worked on his game this summer after tasting the playoffs. Tufte, 6'6" 230, yeah he is huge my god. Zad is even heavier.

I think as someone said earlier Pasta will never have to fight again. I also hope one of these guys pounds on Tkachuck in the opening game. Send a message!

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad