News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
How exactly is Janmark an upgrade over Ryan as 4C?
Call him small, old, slow but Ryan will just continue to work his ass off. The coach knows it, the players know it.. Ryan is as valuable as Brown, Janmark and Henrique in our bottom 6 if not more.
I'm a huge Ryan fan, but I just don't think he's a guy that can play every night at his age.

Janmark on the 4th line would let you rotate through some combination of Pod-Ryan/Janmark-Perry/Ryan/Janmark.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm a huge Ryan fan, but I just don't think he's a guy that can play every night at his age.

Janmark on the 4th line would let you rotate through some combination of Pod-Ryan/Janmark-Perry/Ryan/Janmark.
I like Ryan too, but I agree with you. He's not an every day player anymore. He was virtually unplayable last playoffs.

Reactions: McDNicks17

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Question for Oilers fans. How likely is it for Nuge to repeat his 100pts season while playing on McDavid's wing? My brain can't compute how he went from 104 points to 67 points last year. It seems like this mostly had to do with that incredible PP in 2022-2023, but still. You'd think he could at least do PPG next to McDavid.

What happened last year? And do you think Skinner could end up stealing his spot on the first line?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Question for Oilers fans. How likely is it for Nuge to repeat his 100pts season while playing on McDavid's wing? My brain can't compute how he went from 104 points to 67 points last year. It seems like this mostly had to do with that incredible PP in 2022-2023, but still. You'd think he could at least do PPG next to McDavid.

What happened last year? And do you think Skinner could end up stealing his spot on the first line?

The PP was crazy that year. Basically everyone on the unit doubled their career high in PP points.

Last year Nuge basically matched his career average in 5v5 and PP scoring. I'd expect more of the same this year.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

The 100 points is an outlier. I think he can be better offensively than he was last year but expecting more than 70-80 points is probably too much. He just isn’t a great 5 on 5 offensive player.

I like Ryan too, but I agree with you. He's not an every day player anymore. He was virtually unplayable last playoffs.

I like Ryan too but as others have said. Hes not an everyday player. Hes a useful player but losing or not playing younger players who seem to be ready seems short sighted to me …

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad