News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
This is the part I miss about Rexall. Go there any day to see the practices and scrimmages, park for free, even get some free food, have a great time and after several players signing autographs for fans. Was easy to go, easy to park for free and very enjoyable. Even had the Joey Moss games back then as well as the Oilers rooks vs Bears games.

It seems odd given that the whole missive of the DT arena and the public funding proportion thereof was to revitalize and get people to the DT. They should revisit making these open because its just a bad look on so many levels. I missed when it was a lot more grassroots and they would let people partake. That also connected with an audience that cannot afford to go to games. Whole families would go to the practices.

At least the one day is available. Hopefully not required to have tickets or go through ticketmaster to get in the event on Sunday.
Seriously, you should run for City Council.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I was looking forward to seeing Roby Jarventie in camp. He might've made it as bottom six. Guess we'll have to focus on his AHL play now until he gets a call up.

Another reason why Mike Hoffman got a PTO?

So they traded for damaged goods.
It's a knee injury man. He'll be 100% soon

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
City Council can’t dictate to the Oilers what they do with their training camp.

Ultimately it’s completely up to them. But I do agree they need to bring back attendance for training camp practices and scrimmages.
Its not about dictating its about honoring the agreement and with respect to the public funded portion thereof. Its just good faith to have and allow as much community engagement as possible. Again the whole point of the DT arena was getting people down there consistently. Not just on game nights.

Not sure if you live here but DT is a ghost town any Sunday. At least this fanday will have some people out but there needs to be more free stuff going on around there. The community rink, Ford Hall, the plaza were all supposed to be about that as per the Arena deal and posturing.

lol at them having a 2.5hr window for fans and then kick them out and hey you can attend Octoberfest for 30bucks and buy our high priced beer.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This is so much better. McLelland, Woody, and Tippett would have nonsense lines that would never play together in the NHL. 97 with some AHL-ers. Then all 3 would spend the first 10 games of the regular trying to figure out their NHL lines. I love the fact KK is going with what he is going to run in the reg season. There might be some movement based on how good someone plays and they get bumped up- but all in all- it's what we will see on Day 1
It’s almost as if training camp is used to prepare for the upcoming NHL season and build chemistry with your line mates. Who knew???

Reactions: foshizzle

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I was looking forward to seeing Roby Jarventie in camp. He might've made it as bottom six. Guess we'll have to focus on his AHL play now until he gets a call up.

No horse in this race but this is not the case with significant or recurring knee injuries at all.

With recurring knee injuries, and theres speculation this is, its not a case of getting back to 100% soon. just saying.

Ouch, my arthritis. ;)

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Its not about dictating its about honoring the agreement and with respect to the public funded portion thereof. Its just good faith to have and allow as much community engagement as possible. Again the whole point of the DT arena was getting people down there consistently. Not just on game nights.

Not sure if you live here but DT is a ghost town any Sunday. At least this fanday will have some people out but there needs to be more free stuff going on around there. The community rink, Ford Hall, the plaza were all supposed to be about that as per the Arena deal and posturing.

lol at them having a 2.5hr window for fans and then kick them out and hey you can attend Octoberfest for 30bucks and buy our high priced beer.
There’s no reason to go downtown unless it’s for a game or event. Everything you can do downtown you can do in other areas of the city without having to pay for parking or worried about getting stabbed.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
This is so much better. McLelland, Woody, and Tippett would have nonsense lines that would never play together in the NHL. 97 with some AHL-ers. Then all 3 would spend the first 10 games of the regular trying to figure out their NHL lines. I love the fact KK is going with what he is going to run in the reg season. There might be some movement based on how good someone plays and they get bumped up- but all in all- it's what we will see on Day 1

I am all for piling on Woodcroft (I thought he was bad) but 97 has never played with AHL players. The core group always played together.

I did get tired of watching players like Lavoie get a shot with guys like Malone and Esposito and then people being shocked when he showed nothing.

Its maybe a little better based on lines but guess we will see. I hope KK puts younger players in better spots.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

Ya and he missed most of last year because of it.

I like a lot except that 4th line. Holy hell. That better not be what it lands as.
I don't get the affection for Ryan or Perry.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Ya and he missed most of last year because of it.

I don't get the affection for Ryan or Perry.
Not being ready for NHL game speed 7 months after major knee surgery isn't unusual.

As I said earlier, my concern would be raised if he had a setback during physical therapy or the surgery did not correct the persistent knee problems that precipitated the surgery.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Just out of curiosity how much do you think the city brings in on property and business property taxes on Stantec Marriot/Legends,Edmonton Tower and all the businesses around the Ice District they also have tax levies on tickets at Rogers to re-coup the money the city put in . In the long run the City Return is way more than what they ever put into Rogers

Reactions: joestevens29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad