GDT: Training Camp discussion - Steeves on waivers, Abruzzese cleared and other cuts

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
You realize it is a practice group and not the future lineup?
That’s what I typed. Practice group. I’m assuming that Berube will make adjustments.

patch will score easy if healthy
Patch like Haakinpaa will be lucky to stay off LTIR this season. He’s not healthy and probably never will be again. I think he’s better than the 4 goals he scored last season but asking for more than 20 is a stretch.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That’s what I typed. Practice group. I’m assuming that Berube will make adjustments.

Patch like Haakinpaa will be lucky to stay off LTIR this season. He’s not healthy and probably never will be again. I think he’s better than the 4 goals he scored last season but asking for more than 20 is a stretch.

What river?

One of my favorite things to say to my wife (don't care if not politically correct) is we'll end up living in a van down by the river.

Re:
1728093773763.png

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
1728136613679.png

Although Grebenkin impressed his teammates and coaches, the Leafs clearly believe he still needs some more time to adjust to the North American game and will begin the season with the Toronto Marlies. However, should he continue to impress in the AHL, he very well could be at the top of the list of call-ups when injuries inevitably strike the Leafs.

Nylander on the other hand, has had a very underwhelming camp. The former 8th overall pick in the 2016 entry draft turning down multiple NHL deals to join his brother in Toronto, but their dream of playing in the NHL together will have to wait a little bit longer as Alex will have to prove he deserves a shot with the Marlies.

Joining Nylander, Grebenkin and Steeves on a trip down to the Marlies are goaltender Artur Akhtyamov, defensemen Mikko Kokkonen, Nicholas Mattinen, Topi Niemela, Cade Webber, Matteo Pietroniro and forwards Joseph Blandisi, Roni Hirvonen, Cedric Pare, Jacob Quillan, Logan Shaw and Ryan Tverberg. The cuts come as a bit of a necessity with Leafs' training camp coming to an end and the Toronto Marlies getting set to open theirs this weekend.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marlies are gonna be fun to follow.
Be curious to watch on the offensive side.
See if Tverberg can pick up where he left off when injures. See who has another heat with the puck at that level.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

Can play LW from the sounds of it, and also fill in at C. Fits the mold.

Pre-season always more interesting when there are a couple roster spots up for grabs, and some new players looking to settle in.
Held two Oilers in a scrum and looked pretty cool doing it. Think you look his name up fight oil leak.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The Leafs now have a gap from the lean Dubas years. We thought they were prospects. They weren't. I doubt anyone claims Steeves etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad