GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I am looking at the players in those years, not the best version of them. Our past depth just tends to get undervalued. Hyman was already playing at a 60 point pace in 2019-2020. Compared to what Knies has shown so far, Hyman was better offensively, better defensively, and already one of our top PKers. Can Knies get there in time? Absolutely. But I think it's a stretch to say that that is the expected impact we'll get from Knies this year. That would take some of that "meaningful advancement in our youth" that I was talking about.
Sure and maybe I am accelerating Knies' development curve a bit, but I don't think 25 and 50 is a big leap if he stays on the top line. I had Hyman better than him, just not by so much. I am a big Knies fan.

I am not diminishing how good guys in those teams were, I just think this team is "somewhere near" those teams

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It’s funny that we are debating which teams in the Matthews era have been the best when by the results they have all been crap. First round losses abound. This fact is beyond debate…..it’s real. We can throw all the excuses we want but they have been playoff failures

Reactions: LeafSteel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad