GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I really don't want to lose Holmberg and/or Robertson to keep Jarnkrok and Kampf. I don't know if that is a stupid feeling if both can't clearly win jobs over the latter two, but it's just how I feel.
If you can move Jarnkrok and Kampf without retention and at a reasonable asset cost, then you do that. It opens up a lot of better options.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I think people are jumping on the Grebyenkin hype a bit too much

His hands, or even his offensive toolset is very good. The fight and tenacity was just a cherry on top, but his defensive game is a bit underdeveloped. I see a top 6 winger who has potential for 60 points there, but he’s not gonna get there playing 4th line with Reaves and kampf or whatever

Send him down to the ahl, stick him next to minten who is a smart and good defensive player, give him first powerplay and let him adapt to the NA ice and the system. If he dominates, call him up and let’s see what he has to offer, but I’d initially start him in the ahl.

Reactions: francis246 and Ciao

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Obviously not the result you want to see from basically our entire starting lineup against a very sparse Sens team. But I honestly think it's going to get worse before it gets better. I think Chief alluded to it in his post game presser about the team being too cute at times and not playing direct. It's a philosophy that has been enabled for years under Sheldon Keefe. Far too many soft skill plays that are not consistently executed at a high level.

I really think this training camp we will start to see the boys shift their mindsets. I am cheering for Mitch, but I genuinely am not too sure if north/south compliments his game best. He's got all the skill in the world to adjust, but it really will be up to him to make that change.

Time will tell. Lots of work to be done for sure

I’m surprised that anyone is buying the North-south or east-west jargon. It’s obvious that Berube wants more shots on goal, more traffic in front and more rebound chances. The leafs have been guilty of overpassing the puck for years which is partly why they often fail to score in the playoffs.

I think people are jumping on the Grebyenkin hype a bit too much

His hands, or even his offensive toolset is very good. The fight and tenacity was just a cherry on top, but his defensive game is a bit underdeveloped. I see a top 6 winger who has potential for 60 points there, but he’s not gonna get there playing 4th line with Reaves and kampf or whatever

Send him down to the ahl, stick him next to minten who is a smart and good defensive player, give him first powerplay and let him adapt to the NA ice and the system. If he dominates, call him up and let’s see what he has to offer, but I’d initially start him in the ahl.
The issue with Grebenkin is his skating. Still needs some work to keep up with the pace of the NHL. Other than that he’s a very good player with the looks of a future power forward.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad