GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
To be fair, I really believe Keefe had to take his cue from his GM on that. I really believe Keefe would have acted and behaved differently when it came to accountability under a different GM. Last year different GM but he was afraid for his job. Dubas set the tone.
I think so - can you imagine how it would have looked if Nylander had been 2C and Dubas' $11M acquisition was relegated to 3C by year 3? $11M for a 2C was bad enough back then.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
We definitely have too many bodies in the bottom six: difficult to construct lines that fit a certain identity.

That entire line of Lorentz - Kampf - Reaves seems like it could be jettisoned. Grebonkin can be switched with Dewar when he returns, and there is also Cowan and A. Nylander.

Maybe keep Lorentz at 775 000.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We definitely have too many bodies in the bottom six: difficult to construct lines that fit a certain identity.

That entire line of Lorentz - Kampf - Reaves seems like it could be jettisoned. Grebonkin can be switched with Dewar when he returns, and there is also Cowan and A. Nylander.

Maybe keep Lorentz at 775 000.

I think the identity we need is just being a tough team to handle no matter who you put on. Berube doesn't have an extensive coaching record but he did balance his lines well across the board.

Physicality is obviously great for energy but it's useless if you're stuck in your zone the whole time chasing. Not sure if Lorentz, Kampf and Reaves would be very good compared to a lot of other options when healthy.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I think the identity we need is just being a tough team to handle no matter who you put on. Physicality is obviously great for energy but it's useless if you're stuck in your zone the whole time chasing. Not sure if Lorentz, Kampf and Reaves would be very good compared to a lot of other options.
I think you misunderstood me. When I say identity, I do not specifically mean a physical line, rather any identity, speed, offence, defensive, whatever. The puzzle pieces don't fit very well.

By no means do I want a line of Lorenz, Kampf and Reaves: I would get rid of all three of them, except maybe Lorentz at league min.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
When I say identity, I do not specifically mean a physical line, rather any identity, speed, offence, defensive, whatever. The puzzle pieces don't fit very well.

I would get rid of all three of them, except maybe Lorentz at league min.

That's fair. I think if Holmberg and Kampf together are really good defensively with some speed.

Reactions: Skullz

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Honestly not even that subtle.
It feels to me that of anyone who would have had a right to have beef with Keefe over the years Nylander is at the top of that list.
He would never come right out and say it, but it's always felt to me like Nylander has been singled out among the core by the coaches.

IMO Keefe was an idiot and never once showed he was capable of anything more than mediocrity, routinely getting out-coached by opposing teams. I'm so glad he's gone and I think the impact may be more substantial in terms of on-ice impact than we think.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Not a fan of the Domi-Nylander pairing or the Matthews-Marner pairing.

I hope they try Nylander-Marner and bring back the Matthews-Domi pairing.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Not a fan of the Domi-Nylander pairing or the Matthews-Marner pairing.

I hope they try Nylander-Marner and bring back the Matthews-Domi pairing.
The issue I have with Nylander Marner together is that both want the puck on there stick, Nylander is the superior puck carrier but Marner being Marner woukld likely let his ego interfere

Reactions: Zero1 and TMLAM34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad