GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Cowan is in a weird spot where he's too good for juniors but clearly not good enough for pros at this point. It'd be nice if he were ahl eligible

Cowan can't get lost in the mentality that he's too good for juniors. It's a big step to go from the OHL and NHL, he already took a huge step last year and needs to keep working. Of course you'd want him to take a Wyatt Johnston type step and become a contributor right away, but a Logan Stankoven took a D+2 and he's well positioned to be an NHLer after a pro year at 20. If you're not ready you're not ready.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Hey Leafs fans, as a Blazers fan... I'm curious to know what your guys expectation for Minten is? When is he expected to return from injury? NHL or AHL this year?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Finally got around to reading the main board thread.

Wow what a trip.
I was just thinking about this today, but doesn't it amaze you how many fanbases have a dedicated Leafs hater poster who do nothing but just talk about the Leafs and Leaf fans and instigate stuff with them all the time? (e.g. PaulD). Yet there are no Leaf posters who dedicate their time solely to actively trolling and obsessively discussing a rival team or its fans, at least not that I know of. Imagine making your entire personality about hating another team lol, more than you even discuss your own team.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I was just thinking about this today, but doesn't it amaze you how many fanbases have a dedicated Leafs hater poster who do nothing but just talk about the Leafs and Leaf fans and instigate stuff with them all the time? (e.g. PaulD). Yet there are no Leaf posters who dedicate their time solely to actively trolling and obsessively discussing a rival team or its fans, at least not that I know of. Imagine making your entire personality about hating another team lol
Yup I've thought about this multiple times and it never ceases to amaze me just how pathetic some individuals can be.

Whoever doxxed the kid's parents to send them death threats, like wtf are you honestly doing with your life?

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Hey Leafs fans, as a Blazers fan... I'm curious to know what your guys expectation for Minten is? When is he expected to return from injury? NHL or AHL this year?
Because of the injury, he will start in the AHL. I have no knowledge of the fact, but my feeling is he will be given a shot when he comes back after getting up to speed in the AHL. Just a feeling I have.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I'm hoping we do a big round of cuts and keep only 16-17 forwards, and 10 d or so tomorrow.

Bring it down to:

Forwards (17):
Knies - Matthews - Marner
Pacioretty - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Domi - Jarnkrok
McMann - Kampf - Lorentz
Grebenkin - Holmberg - Reaves
Cowan/Steeves

Injured - Conor Dewar

Cut:
Nick Abruzzese
Joseph Blandisi
Kyle Clifford
Roni Hirvonen
Braeden Kressler
Robert Mastrosimone
Alex Nylander
Cedric Pare
Jacob Quillian
Logan Shaw
Zach Solow
Sam Stevens
Ryan Tverberg
Ty Voit
Whoever Else I'm missing

Defence (9):
Rielly - Tanev
Benoit - McCabe
OEL - Liljegren
Rifai- Timmins
Myers

Injured - Ben Danford, Jani Hakanpaa

Cut:
Matt Anderson
Jacob Bengtsson
Mikko Kokkonen
Nicolas Mattinen
Ryan McCleary
Dakota Mermis
Tommy Miller
Topi Niemela (would of liked to see him play)
Matteo Petroniro
Chas Sharpe
William Villeneuve
Cade Webber

Goalies (4):
Joseph Woll
Anthony Stolarz
Matt Murray
Dennis Hildeby

Cut:
Artur Akhtyamov
John Gillies (Released)
Vyacheslav Peksa

-------------------------------------------

Give Cowan, Steeves, and Grebenkin one more look. Give more minutes to both of our PTOs. Myers/Rifai have shown enough to get a longer look in my opinion. Hildeby was fantastic.

Reactions: Roo

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I'm hoping we do a big round of cuts and keep only 16-17 forwards, and 10 d or so tomorrow.

Bring it down to:

Forwards (17):
Knies - Matthews - Marner
Pacioretty - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Domi - Jarnkrok
McMann - Kampf - Lorentz
Grebenkin - Holmberg - Reaves
Cowan/Steeves

Injured - Conor Dewar

Cut:
Nick Abruzzese
Joseph Blandisi
Kyle Clifford
Roni Hirvonen
Braeden Kressler
Robert Mastrosimone
Alex Nylander
Cedric Pare
Jacob Quillian
Logan Shaw
Zach Solow
Sam Stevens
Ryan Tverberg
Ty Voit
Whoever Else I'm missing

Defence (9):
Rielly - Tanev
Benoit - McCabe
OEL - Liljegren
Rifai- Timmins
Myers

Injured - Ben Danford, Jani Hakanpaa

Cut:
Matt Anderson
Jacob Bengtsson
Mikko Kokkonen
Nicolas Mattinen
Ryan McCleary
Dakota Mermis
Tommy Miller
Topi Niemela (would of liked to see him play)
Matteo Petroniro
Chas Sharpe
William Villeneuve
Cade Webber

Goalies (4):
Joseph Woll
Anthony Stolarz
Matt Murray
Dennis Hildeby

Cut:
Artur Akhtyamov
John Gillies (Released)
Vyacheslav Peksa

-------------------------------------------

Give Cowan, Steeves, and Grebenkin one more look. Give more minutes to both of our PTOs. Myers/Rifai have shown enough to get a longer look in my opinion. Hildeby was fantastic.
Agree with all of this.

Perhaps keep Niemela up to see him in a game. There might be a reason we haven't yet. Maybe that reason passes in the next few days.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He will likely be in the AHL. Most fans think he will be a very good 3C in the NHL who an sometimes fill a 2C role with injury. He is listed week to week at this point.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad