GDT: Training Camp discussion - Abruzzese on waivers and other cuts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Haven't heard much about McMann this pre-season. Wonder why he's being picked on to play with the AHL'ers

He was projected to be a Berube sort of player

He hasn't really stood out in pre-season but he's been paired with a random assortments of top 9 players in pre-season.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
He's had all kinds of chances to win a gig. He got the playoff start too and look awful, it's on him.
Do you decide if a player will be great off of 11 games?

How about when they rip is confidence away from him by showing him they don't trust him - do you think that helps him to play better?

Remeber he's like 23 years old - temper your expectations and remember how much of an idiot you were at 23 - I know I was a disaster at that age. - not trying to offend you.

We expect perfection from growing, developing players. It just doesn't happen every time like 34, 16 and 88 - There will be pain. We have 80+ million dollars to spend - a 3 million dollar player shouldn't be what makes or breaks us.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Do you decide if a player will be great off of 11 games?

How about when they rip is confidence away from him by showing him they don't trust him - do you think that helps him to play better?

Remeber he's like 23 years old - temper your expectations and remember how much of an idiot you were at 23 - I know I was a disaster at that age. - not trying to offend you.

We expect perfection from growing, developing players. It just doesn't happen every time like

34, 16 and 88 - There will be pain. We have 80+ million dollars to spend - a 3 million dollar player shouldn't be what makes or breaks us.
He's 25 first of all. Second, he looked better two years ago, I haven't seen any development in his game. He was terrifying this playoffs, the lack of composure with the puck was alarming. He's good depth, if he finds another level great, I don't see it.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He's 25 first of all. Second, he looked better two years ago, I haven't seen any development in his game. He was terrifying this playoffs, the lack of composure with the puck was alarming. He's good depth, if he finds another level great, I don't see it.

And he wasn't 100% healthy, as per Keefe.
But he was still better than Brodie who received 2*3.75 from Chicago. I know it is Chicago, but they could have signed any other number of bottom defenders.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Haven't heard much about McMann this pre-season. Wonder why he's being picked on to play with the AHL'ers

He was projected to be a Berube sort of player

He's looked good in the games he's played.

I don't think there is a shot that he isn't on the opening night roster.

Reactions: arso40

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
It’s funny that we are debating which teams in the Matthews era have been the best when by the results they have all been crap. First round losses abound. This fact is beyond debate…..it’s real. We can throw all the excuses we want but they have been playoff failures
That's not "crap". It's a disappointment, yes. It is under performing, yes. It's not crap. The Leafs have been one of the five or six best teams in the league the last several years and most of the the 25 or so behind us haven't won a cup either...so unless your definition of crap includes 25 teams then I think your choice of words is inaccurate.

Reactions: Ciao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad