GDT: Training Camp discussion - Abruzzese on waivers and other cuts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
But why would you waive Liljegren when you can waive Kampf?

Either frees up the same Cap space.

Unless you think teams would claim Rifai and immediately place him on their NHL roster? My guess real NHL defenders will be waived once teams work down to the Cap Ceiling.
I wouldn't, but Liljegren is obliviously more appealing and more likely to clear $3m of cap, which I suppose is their logic.

But, like I said, I don't want this to happen. It's just a feeling about how the team now views Timothy.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
There is a reasonable chance Laine has that surgery mid season. Sounds like he really wanted to try rehabbing first.

Doesn't matter about when he gets the surgery.

If rehab works he can play this season, if it doesn't he wouldn't have played this season anyway.

He'll be back, it is just a matter or when.

Hopefully, he stay on the right path.

Reactions: Roo and CDN24

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I only watched 2 preseason games.

Can someone give me an overview of how some of our top prospects did so far?

Greybokin had a good game them looked kinda crappy the next game, out of position a lot.
Robertson , who is not a prospect, looks dangerous in both ends, had a great strip and goal last game
Cowan looks like a guy that was told no matter what he does, he is headed back to the OHL, he's been just a guy out there, he's not playing with the intensity that I thought he would play with.
Lorentz not a prospect but looks like a quality, aggressive 4th liner.
Pare looks like a AHLer who is in over his head in the NHL.
Rifai while not overly impressive has not looked out of place, Topi and Webber the same.
Patches looks like he has his legs back.
McMann I thought would be noticeable in the pre season, he's a ghost.
Knies looks slow and clunky, when he skates hard, he violently waves his stick around like he is trying to flag down a passing ship.
I thought a LW would step up, outside of Robertson no one has overly impressed me, Patches had a good first game, we might have the weakest LW in the league, for sure bottom 10 LW.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Greybokin had a good game them looked kinda crappy the next game, out of position a lot.
Robertson , who is not a prospect, looks dangerous in both ends, had a great strip and goal last game
Cowan looks like a guy that was told no matter what he does, he is headed back to the OHL, he's been just a guy out there, he's not playing with the intensity that I thought he would play with.
Lorentz not a prospect but looks like a quality, aggressive 4th liner.
Pare looks like a AHLer who is in over his head in the NHL.
Rifai while not overly impressive has not looked out of place, Topi and Webber the same.
Patches looks like he has his legs back.
McMann I thought would be noticeable in the pre season, he's a ghost.
Knies looks slow and clunky, when he skates hard, he violently waves his stick around like he is trying to flag down a passing ship.
I thought a LW would step up, outside of Robertson no one has overly impressed me, Patches had a good first game, we might have the weakest LW in the league, for sure bottom 10 LW.

Topi hasn't played any exhibition games yet. Tonight will be his first... hard to make that statement if he hasn't played.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Haven't heard much about McMann this pre-season. Wonder why he's being picked on to play with the AHL'ers

He was projected to be a Berube sort of player

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
What do Habs fans have to say now?
Probably that Laine is still on a lot of painkillers lol

It was obvious from the footage. Hope he makes it back this season.

Haven't heard much about McMann this pre-season. Wonder why he's being picked on to play with the AHL'ers

He was projected to be a Berube sort of player
There is a minimum # of vets required. The only lineup that matters is opening night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad