Training camp disasters

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm remembers the bad surprises we have had over the years in training camp.

The worst I can remember is the preseason shoulder injured by Wayne Babych in a preseason game. Wayne was coming off the Blues first 50 goal scoring season, and had an a bright future. He was only 22 or 23 years old at the time. He was never the same player after a meaningless fight in a meaningless game.

Another bad one was the broken thumb injury sustained by Mark Bergevin in a fight. A prospect was running guys in a practice, trying to impress the coaches, and Mark thought he needed to confront the prospect.

I'm sure there are many more. Post them if you remember.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm remembers the bad surprises we have had over the years in training camp.

The worst I can remember is the preseason shoulder injured by Wayne Babych in a preseason game. Wayne was coming off the Blues first 50 goal scoring season, and had an a bright future. He was only 22 or 23 years old at the time. He was never the same player after a meaningless fight in a meaningless game.

Another bad one was the broken thumb injury sustained by Mark Bergevin in a fight. A prospect was running guys in a practice, trying to impress the coaches, and Mark thought he needed to confront the prospect.

I'm sure there are many more. Post them if you remember.

I remember Babych scoring 50, but I remember the training camp incident. Thanks for sharing.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Kostin goes on an Uwe Boll-inspired rampage after not securing a roster spot.

Centene's ice melts to reveal a pool of sharks.

Stan Kroenke purchases the St. Louis Blues and immediately folds the franchise.

Tarasenko challenges Chief to a death match.

I could keep going.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I remember Babych scoring 50, but I remember the training camp incident. Thanks for sharing.

Babych was in a fight with a thug named Jimmy Mann. The two wound up in a bear hug, and they both tumbled to the ice. Babych injured his shoulder in the fall to the ice. He tried to overcome the injury by surgery, manipulation, etc. But he was never the same player.

Some might remember Babych being badly beaten in a fight with Behn Wilson a couple of years after the Mann fight, but Babych was already a diminished player.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Why you wanna bring bad vibes to our training camp noteing we are so fragile with bad karma and Bluesy way.

Half of roster will be injured now after training camp is over.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Zach Sanford was injured by a teammate's hit on the first day of training camp and missed the entire season. This was in 2017.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Fabbri ACL, Kyrou knee injury a couple years ago. Sunnys hit from Tom Wilson etc….

erik Johnson golf cart, Keith Tkachunk etc….etc….

Reactions: BluesTraveller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad