Boston Bruins Training Camp 2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I would vote for Ritchie over Bjork if it’s for the 13th forward in the press box.

Say why you want about the decision but Cassidy’s right about the production. For all the obvious talent and quickness, he still hasn’t been able to produce at the level they’ve been playing him (pretty much top six since he’s seen the NHL). At some point he’s got to pull that weight and produce with it. Hope he makes that leap this year, but it’s a leap for sure.

Looks like Providence will be stacked and him thriving there wouldn’t be a bad way to get started.

Well, he couldn’t show any growth owing to injuries. Anyway, he’s better than both Backes and Ritchie, and as if the latter two, who are very slow, are going to produce.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Well, he couldn’t show any growth owing to injuries. Anyway, he’s better than both Backes and Ritchie, and as if the latter two, who are very slow, are going to produce.
Backes’ season to forget last year was pretty much in line with what Bjork’s been able to produce in his NHL career so far- and again for all the flashes he’s shown there hasn’t been much production from him this preseason either. Providence and confidence ain’t a bad road for the kid.

Reactions: Jonathan17

member 96824

I would vote for Ritchie over Bjork if it’s for the 13th forward in the press box.

Say why you want about the decision but Cassidy’s right about the production. For all the obvious talent and quickness, he still hasn’t been able to produce at the level they’ve been playing him (pretty much top six since he’s seen the NHL). At some point he’s got to pull that weight and produce with it. Hope he makes that leap this year, but it’s a leap for sure.

Looks like Providence will be stacked and him thriving there wouldn’t be a bad way to get started.

Agree in the case for 13th. I'd rather Bjork getting game speed reps.

But IMO through this preseason he looked strong enough to have earned a spot on 3L.

I'd roll

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Backes

personally.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Agree in the case for 13th. I'd rather Bjork getting game speed reps.

But IMO through this preseason he looked strong enough to have earned a spot on 3L.

I'd roll

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Backes

personally.

Thinking Nordstrom may miss the beginning and they go Kuraly-Lindholm-Backes/Wagner. I'm guessing Ritchie is stapled on the right side for now line three.

Reactions: Jonathan17

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Thinking Nordstrom may miss the beginning and they go Kuraly-Lindholm-Backes/Wagner. I'm guessing Ritchie is stapled on the right side for now line three.
Good. I don’t get all the Bjork love. He’s a less-talented version of Heinen (and that’s already a pretty low ceiling). At least Ritchie has some size and speed to win board battles.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Good. I don’t get all the Bjork love. He’s a less-talented version of Heinen (and that’s already a pretty low ceiling). At least Ritchie has some size and speed to win board battles.

Are we talking about the same Ritchie? The guy for the Bruins has as much speed as David Backes.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Lindholm will fill in if Krejci is out. Kuraly and Wagner are 4th line locks, Backes does not PK, nor does Ritchie. Backes and Ritchie will hop in at 3RW until Bjork lights up Providence. I saw much more out of Backes in preseason than Ritchie, that's for sure.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
i love bjork but i get it - they went into camp with the plan that he's gonna play in
the AHL for a while and get his timing/legs/confidence/whatever else. i figure it
won't be long til he's back - hopefully he can stay healthy down there amongst the
goonage that goes on.

When the Bruins signed Ritchie it seemed that he was destined to start the season in Boston, just like Hayes and Beleskey. They are determined to find that big RW and Ritchie will get a long look. He hasn't played very well in the pre-season and we'll soon see if he improves in the regular season.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Backes’ season to forget last year was pretty much in line with what Bjork’s been able to produce in his NHL career so far- and again for all the flashes he’s shown there hasn’t been much production from him this preseason either. Providence and confidence ain’t a bad road for the kid.
No , it isn’t but I would rather see him start the year with the Bruins on line 3 with Coyle . The production hasn’t been there yet , so we give him a pass for the first 10-15 games as he gets acclimated and see how he does after that .

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
As lousy as Backes has been, someone needed to step up and make a clear case they should be on the roster instead of him and it didn't happen. Like it or not, Backes is an NHL veteran with a pricey contract. That buys him the benefit of the doubt in an all things being equal situation. I would prefer they kept Bjork up to let him grow his game, but for as good pre-season he had, he wasn't so great that he was a no-brainer to replace Backes on the roster. If anything, Ritchie is the guy that showed the least of the shortlist of guys who would be on the team this year. Backes has looked a lot better than that guy this camp.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
it's not always about who performs the best in Camp unfortunately. there is no point keeping Bjork on the team as as the 13th forward when he can be sent down without clearing waivers to work on getting his game back.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bjork hasnt exactly lit up the world.
Ritchie is not good either, nor is Backes. I like that hes gonna have to prove he can score in the A before he gets a shot

The take he made about Ritchie made it apparent he's not watching the games. Ritchie does not have any speed. He's slow as grass out there. He's been invisible this whole preseason and hasn't done anything.

Bjork was just alright last game but he's had a better preseason. He's look good. He was excellent in the game against NJD with Lindholm and Backes.

I'm actually not totally mad about the potential of Bjork going down. Its sending Bjork down to keep a lesser player up that pisses me off. That's exactly what we'll have here.

Bjork >>> Ritchie = AINEC

Reactions: PepeBostones

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
They are giving Ritchie enough rope to hang himself.

As I've said here before, He will either change our opinion of him or will be waived by Halloween.

I'd rather they do that in October than March...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad