Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Sabres offseason so far:

View attachment 891101

:laugh:
I will be shocked if next season the Atlantic isn't the same four teams at the top, and the same four teams at the bottom. None of Detroit, Buffalo, Ottawa or Montreal will be any better. Maybe Ottawa gets a bit of a new coach bump. I have no idea what Detroit is doing. More than $20 million of cap space, and likely (still) one of the worst goaltending tandems in the league. I'm sure there is a method to their madness when it comes to retaining so much cap room, but I'm not seeing it right now. Who knows, maybe they are holding space for a Marner trade...

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I will be shocked if next season the Atlantic isn't the same four teams at the top, and the same four teams at the bottom. None of Detroit, Buffalo, Ottawa or Montreal will be any better. Maybe Ottawa gets a bit of a new coach bump. I have no idea what Detroit is doing. More than $20 million of cap space, and likely (still) one of the worst goaltending tandems in the league. I'm sure there is a method to their madness when it comes to retaining so much cap room, but I'm not seeing it right now. Who knows, maybe they are holding space for a Marner trade...
I feel confident Ottawa will finish closer to 1st in the Atlantic than out of the playoffs next season. Depends what happens with Pinto.

Jensen, Amadio, Ullmark, Perron are great additions.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Remaining UFA's (sorted by points):

F: Joe Pavelski, Vladimir Tarasenko, Adam Henrique, Daniel Sprong
D: Justin Schultz, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Brännström, Ryan Suter, Calen Addison, Jack Johnson, Tyson Barrie
G: Magnus Hellberg, Michael Hutchinson, Malcolm Subban

:laugh: UFA season over.

the real Fox mulder

Dec 4, 2022
I think Detroit is saving their cap space for next off season if Draisaitl, Rantanen, and Marner becomes free agent and target one.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Remaining UFA's (sorted by points):

F: Joe Pavelski, Vladimir Tarasenko, Adam Henrique, Daniel Sprong
D: Justin Schultz, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Brännström, Ryan Suter, Calen Addison, Jack Johnson, Tyson Barrie
G: Magnus Hellberg, Michael Hutchinson, Malcolm Subban

:laugh: UFA season over.
Pavelski retired

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Can't see Sammy excelling as a pure backup. Too unreliable.

Really thought he'd be KHL bound.

The way he stole the Toronto job briefly reminds me of Jack Campbell. Extremely mercurial guy who might put together a run for the starting job from a faltering starter but definitely not a guy with the right head space to hold that job, thrive in that job.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Somehow I completely missed the Oilers getting Arvidsson, great contract too. Ugh that top six has insane firepower

Edmonton getting Skinner and Arvidsson makes them look like an it factor team where forwards want to moonlight for a chance to win, pad up some stats with the big guns. I think Toronto is no longer on guy's radars like that.

Reactions: Altair and TMLAM34

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I don’t see a Marner trade here now.

I don’t know what
Vegas
Islanders
Anaheim
Carolina

Are doing to address what they lost. Makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad