Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
One of Comtois, Zedina or Raddysh must be due for a breakout. I wonder if Raddysh playing in his hometown changes things.

Edit: nevermind, he’s going to the caps

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Our defense got better, but older.

Goaltending is still a question, but has a lot of potential

Lost scoring in Bertuzzi 20 goals... Not been replaced yet. Also I thought Robertson was gonna be a 20 goal lock. He's also on the way out.
Playing Robertson in the Bertuzzi spot seemed like the easy solution if Berube was willing to try him there.

Reactions: HomelessPepper

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Tampa being very practical and keeping any emotional crap on the back burner

Apparently there were couple depth signgings in the pipeline

Brisebois telling it like it is, you can't get too attached to guys in this league. They weren't afraid to do the hard thing by accepting the writing on the wall and making sweeping changes to the core. Trading Sergachev like that was a stone cold killer move that Leafs management just wouldn't do.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Feels like a trade has to come at some point. Unless they are just signing Dewar and maybe Robertson? I'm not even sure they have the space to do both..unless they waive Reaves.

Reactions: rumman

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Hawks are just stockpiling even more ammo to dump at the deadline.

Brodie has a very hard time making plays with the puck, which was his bread and butter. His shot is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. He can still move around fine and maybe a fresh start he'll be less of a mess defensively.
I do wonder if Brodie's season was an unfortunate blip based on a mix of personal life struggles (dad's death, wife's ongoing MS etc.) and some injuries. It's crazy how he just fell off a cliff after being so solid for so many years. Might be possible he regains form next year, but regardless the team needed to move on.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Brisebois telling it like it is, you can't get too attached to guys in this league. They weren't afraid to do the hard thing by accepting the writing on the wall and making sweeping changes to the core. Trading Sergachev like that was a stone cold killer move that Leafs management just wouldn't do.
The fact that they know Jeannot is a bust and cut lose instead of keep betting that he can improve is already a lesson the Leafs MGT needs to learn.

Reactions: supermann_98

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Brodie has a sick bank pass off the boards. Hits the tape every time. Unfortunately that's all he can do well now. Rather have OEL @ 3.5

Reactions: Mr_Fun

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I do wonder if Brodie's season was an unfortunate blip based on a mix of personal life struggles (dad's death, wife's ongoing MS etc.) and some injuries. It's crazy how he just fell off a cliff after being so solid for so many years. Might be possible he regains form next year, but regardless the team needed to move on.

He started to crater the year before quite a bit, most expected him to bounce back this past season and somehow kept just getting worse and worse.

No idea how he'll do on a much worse team with a much different set of players and expectations. Maybe he improves... I don't know.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Leafs roster additions projected over the entire contract vs. actual values via doms model at the athletic:

Stolarz:
Signed: 2.5x2
Projected: 3.4x2

OEL:
Signed: 3.5x4
Projected: 3.2x4

Tanev:
Signed: 4.5x6
Projected: 4.0x6

Woll:
Signed: 3.66x3
Projected: 5.8x3

Liljegren:
Signed: 3.0x2
Projected: 6.2x2

Domi:
Signed: 3.75x4
Projected: 3.3x4

Didnt see anything for the other addiitons.

Pretty solid day overall that fills almost all the holes.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
One of Comtois, Zedina or Raddysh must be due for a breakout. I wonder if Raddysh playing in his hometown changes things.

Edit: nevermind, he’s going to the caps

Comtois could be ok as a PTO invite and see how he does in a bottom role. Zadina just doesn't have the IQ to be an every day top 9 winger. He'll be in Europe soon.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
He started to crater the year before quite a bit, most expected him to bounce back this past season and somehow kept just getting worse and worse.

No idea how he'll do on a much worse team with a much different set of players and expectations. Maybe he improves... I don't know.

Looks like he lost both a step and quickness in reading the play too. We all get old and I think his time has come.

Reactions: SprDaVE

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Leafs roster additions projected over the entire contract vs. actual values via doms model at the athletic:

Stolarz:

OEL:

Tanev:

Woll:

Liljegren:

Domi:

Liljegren 6.2 ???

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Liljegren 6.2 ???

He did very well with mid pair minutes and an increase in responsibility despite the few loud people around here that say he's barely NHL quality. He did well analytically. He's on an upwards trend as a 2-way defenseman. Just needs to stay healthy and improve.

Reactions: Pinkcat and Morgs

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Give me Cal Clutterbuck. This dude had 270 hits last season and somehow played all 82 games.

Dude can probably be had for cheap. Seems like a Playoff type player Berube would like

Reactions: rumman

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Stolarz:

OEL:

Tanev:

Woll:

Liljegren:

Domi:

Interesting to see the gaps in the model compared to fan responses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad