Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Henrique can still play. He wasn't that great for the Oilers though and he's not the fastest player. He's already 34 years old and from Brantford -- which is not far from Toronto. I wouldn't give him much but if he's willing to take a cut for a cup run I'm all ears.

Janmark is meh. Pretty much a Noah Gregor player... which is not that good.
I think Minten needs a season in the AHL before he's ready. So 1 year stop gap for Adam Henrique as third line centre?

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
With Skinner off the market, are there any potential targets left for forward depth?

Or do we see what Cowan/Grebyonkin/Robertson (if he stays) have after all?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Nell boys don’t really make those types of videos anymore. They’ve evolved into one of the biggest podcasts on YouTube. They are highly successful. They’ve landed some of the hardest guests ever, they even got Donald Trump to do an interview with them and Trump wasn’t interviewing with anyone.
Damn good for them they’ve expanded!

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Henrique and Sprong maybe the most interesting UFA forwards left? Could maybe afford one of we moved Timmins + one of Jarnkrok/Kampf.

McGroarty also an interesting trade option with a cheap caphit.

the real Fox mulder

Dec 4, 2022
If Marner agrees to waive his NMC, I always have been on the idea of trading him for picks and prospects and then using those asset to acquire a 50% retain Pavel Buchnevich and a Colton Ross.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Minten needs a season in the AHL before he's ready. So 1 year stop gap for Adam Henrique as third line centre?

I agree. As for Henrique, I think if it's anything below 3M on a 1 year deal I think it could work? He's probably going to get better offers though.

With Skinner off the market, are there any potential targets left for forward depth?

Or do we see what Cowan/Grebyonkin/Robertson (if he stays) have after all?

There are reclamation projects like Vrana and Barabanov. There's also Sprong that is pretty underrated. Maybe Pacioretty wants another shot and would be willing to go dirt cheap if he's healthy?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Unlike last off-season I actually like the additions. I'm choosing not to acknowledge the term or cap anymore, but they got actual good players that do what the team was lacking: Move the puck to the forwards, and save the puck. For once I'm not gonna be upset with Tre.

Too bad we're wasting cap on that awful Kampf contract because that 2.4 could've gone to a useful player like Skinner.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It's going to be funny to see all of the grunts lay it on the line while the players that get paid, all of the ice time, and everything else are afraid to break a nail.

Leafs top 4 players make 46 million (combined)

Other teams highest 4 paid players do not even come close to that so other teams have more rounded rosters

Only way for Leafs to make any significant progress is for Knies, Liljegren, McMann, Robertson, Holmberg to produce significantly more than they did last season.

i don't expect much improvement from marner and tavares, especially in the playoffs

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Feels like trades have to be coming. Vegas has been super quiet….also wonder about parayko. Maybe pinto or colton?

No idea what the trade to vegas would look like now with our D. We need forwards.

A Marner trade gets harder and harder the more our roster gets set and the less capspace everyone else has. Pretty much has to be dollar in dollar out now, whereas Sergachev was traded for like no real caphits going back there other way a few days ago.

A big blueline acquisition like Parayko also seems very unlikely now that we've signed Tanev, OEL, and Hakanpaa.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Our defense got better, but older.

Goaltending is still a question, but has a lot of potential

Lost scoring in Bertuzzi 20 goals... Not been replaced yet. Also I thought Robertson was gonna be a 20 goal lock. He's also on the way out.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Leafs top 4 players make 46 million (combined)

Other teams highest 4 paid players do not even come close to that so other teams have more rounded rosters

Only way for Leafs to make any significant progress is for Knies, Liljegren, McMann, Robertson, Holmberg to produce significantly more than they did last season.

i don't expect much improvement from marner and tavares, especially in the playoffs
And people still want to bring them back bc winning the Cup with the Core is more important than Winning the Cup

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Our defense got better, but older.

Goaltending is still a question, but has a lot of potential

Lost scoring in Bertuzzi 20 goals... Not been replaced yet. Also I thought Robertson was gonna be a 20 goal lock. He's also on the way out.
Nah we only need to replace 15 goals.

Knies is ready for 20, so now we just need someone to replace Knies previous 15 mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad