Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wanted Trenin but sounds like he's going to Minnesota according to Friedman.

Maybe target Brandan Duhaime and pair him up for Dewar. Both familar with each other
Depending on how much Duhaime is looking for, I’d be fine with that. If you can re-sign Dewar for a million and Duhaime for 1.25ish, Holmberg - Dewar - Duhaime is a solid cheap 4th line.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Zadorov is getting too much hype IMO

The guy has never averaged over 20 mins a game in his career, and has been under 19 mins per game in the last 3-4 years

I like the appeal and what not but like what... we're supposed to over over 6M for a player that never showed to be capable to play over 17-18 minutes a game? Only time he played more than that in the playoffs was because of overtime.

Maybe he becomes the next Chara though lol

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Am I the only one who doesn't really see a fit for OEL here? I don't mind the player but is the plan to play him in the top 4 if he signs here? I know he had a good year last year in a bottom pair role but I have reservations if he's a viable top 4 option these days.
He would add an element the leafs desperately need, shouldn't be too expensive, and is reasonably reliable in his own end. Not a world-beater, but it's probably the only way the leafs are getting a decent offensive defensemen without making a trade.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Pretty obvious with either the tax rates in Toronto or the GMs negotiation skills or the greed of our star players. The internal cap structure may need to be Nylander and Matthews signed at deals they are on and then don't go over 7.5m or even 8m for any other forwards.

4 6m forwards will probably be better than Marner/Tavares cap hit now.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Am I the only one who doesn't really see a fit for OEL here? I don't mind the player but is the plan to play him in the top 4 if he signs here? I know he had a good year last year in a bottom pair role but I have reservations if he's a viable top 4 option these days.
As a cheap bottom pair I don't mind it.

He can still move the puck and maybe help on the PP

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I was extremely surprised with OEL's level in the playoffs.
Had totally written him off after a few down seasons but he can still really play and brings a nice element of moving the puck and sneaky good offence.
Maybe he's back on the upswing.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad