Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I figure the Leafs will want in on at least one top 4 D and a good quality center to take some pressure off of Tavares.

Here are 14 D and 7 center's available in free agency.

1. Brett Pesce
  2. Chris Tanev
  3. Matt Roy
  4. Brady Skjei
  5. Nikita Zadorov
  6. Brenden Dillon
  7. Brandon Montour
  8. Ryan Lindgren
  9. Joel Edmundson
  10. Sean Walker
  11. Hakapnpaa
  12. OEL
  13. Grzelcyk
  14. Matt Dumba

1. Chandler Stephenson
  2. Sean Monahan
  3. Elias Lindholm
  4. Adam Henrique
  5. Matt Duchene
  6. Jonathan Toews
  7. Alex Wennberg

Would love to see Matt Duchene as a Toronto Maple Leaf

Reactions: aingefan

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
“It’s 8:17 am and Tre has done nothing. What a disaster of an off season.”
D559CB48-3CFF-4ABA-B7D8-A1036B1B601B.jpeg

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Taxes don’t make up that difference. Even if they did - is that what Leafs fans are going to use an excuse for bad contracts?

Well yes they do. Nylanders take home is right around the same as Reinharts take home after taxes. I actually don’t mind the Nylander deal. I think at 11.5 he’s paid appropriately. Back to back 40 goal seasons. Was severely underpaid on his last contract. It’s a tad rich but for what he brings and a rising cap it makes sense.

Florida teams absolutely have an unfair advantage when it comes to contracts. It is something the league should look into because you can keep contracts lower in no tax states

Reactions: TMLAM34

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Reactions: New Liskeard

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Wow, what a bizarre dream. The Leafs gave Lily 3 million and then Tanev got 5 so we had no money left! Domi at 3.5. How much cap we got left?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Forwards:
For me, Lindholm is the gold star, two-way #2c for the immediate future. Almost inconceivable to make a forward the most costly addition this year, but the fit is perfect. Firms a second line for a long time. His projected AAVis all over the place, with reports as high as 8/8+, but that’s a bit ridiculous. 7 sounds right after an off year offensively.
Playing along Willy in a strong hockey market would be appealing I’d think?
Then there’s Stephenson, Monahan, both would be okay, but not the same fit for me. Wennberg would be a discount light version of Lindholm .
Michael McLeod is an interesting not-qualified guy. Local kid, RHC, decent scoring rate. My sleeper for today…..would like this dude on a short deal to see what’s up.
Jack Roslovic might wanna come play on AM’s wing, should be a reasonable sign and a capable C. Also a favorite sleeper.
Wingers….so many still. I’d wait til day two and shop then unless there’s a guy wanting to be here on the min….Raddysh a sneaky option. Skinner if he takes a bath on AAV to play on a playoff team. Barely need any anyhow, unless they’ve got some C experience.

Outgoing: bonuses are paid….so if there *IS* a Marner deal, do it soon so you can use the money.
I think a market for Kampf and Jarnkrok opens up in a couple days, when the pool thins some.

Edit to add: sone insiders suggested that Perron was a sone deal. But, where is he supposed to play? Serious question.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Is it mere folly to wish for Zadorov and Montour?
Not impossible but that seems unlikely without any other moves.

I'm thinking it's going to be

1. Tanev,
2. Either a top 4 D or good 3C. Maybe Henrique or Dillon tier rather then Montour or Pesce tier.
3. Stolarz/Cheap goalie

When I look at the cap, that extra 500 k- 1 m overpayment to Liljegren really hurts a lot.

Reactions: NMacrules

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad