Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
How do we go from 4 million to 5 million in like a few hours? Has to be a league warning and Leafs lowered the term. If it's still 6 years, we are literally run by incompetent people.

That people actually take rumours to the bank is surprising.

Most of what is written is fake or speculation not fact. Do they not teach the difference between fact and fiction in school today?

People should stop believing every thought that comes out of someone's butt.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
We really underrate NHL production value over Junior production.
Yes - I'm not sure that's unique to this board. I think that's reality in the NHL (I could be very wrong).
They have value based on their projectability and potential, Robertson's in the same boat but has NHL experience. If asking for a trade after a 20 goal (on pace) in his first full NHL season, this is also after dominating the AHL, removes any sort of value in a trade... then I dunno maybe just let him go to Europe to wait.

I'm not saying he has amazing top end value like a blue chip prospect but his value should be fairly high in a trade. Anything less than a good swap for a player of similar calibre and this is a terrible move.
I don't understand how forcing him off to Europe does the team any good. Lots of high pedigree players end up as bottom of the roster/AAAA players. No need to prolong the project.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-06-30-21-43-27~2.png

I wonder if the Leafs move on from Bertuzzi are they able to be in on a player like Teuvo Teravainen?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Honestly I think signing Stamkos for the Tampa Bay fans reaction alone would be 1000% worth it. Nevermind everyone actually brings on the ice lol

Reactions: Metroid and KMNRB

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If that is the case and Tanev takes 5 and Broissoit takes 3.5, we will have 3-5 million depending on roster moves to add a forward and a D.

My guess:
Perron 3x2
OEL 2.5 x 3
Timmons waived
Kampf dealt for draft pick

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yes - I'm not sure that's unique to this board. I think that's reality in the NHL (I could be very wrong).

I don't understand how forcing him off to Europe does the team any good. Lots of high pedigree players end up as bottom of the roster/AAAA players. No need to prolong the project.

That's if he refuses to sign any contract. Preferably he's pro enough to go to camp, work his butt off and wait for a team to trade for him. Similar to the DeBrusk situation. Maybe he comes in and plays well to carve himself something good and changes his mind. Maybe a team poneys up a good deal before that. It happens.

Giving away a good young player is not good business regardless. That's why we have this RFA process in place.

Reactions: stickty111

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I think we really need to add a quality center this offseason.
I liked Bertuzzi as a player but think it's best he didn't resign and that money gets allocated elsewhere.

Reactions: stickty111

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
That's if he refuses to sign any contract.
That's how the report reads.
Preferably he's pro enough to go to camp, work his butt off and wait for a team to trade for him. Similar to the DeBrusk situation. Maybe he comes in and plays well to carve himself something good and changes his mind. Maybe a team poneys up a good deal before that. It happens.

Giving away a good young player is not good business regardless. That's why we have this RFA process in place.
Is Robertson any different than Malgin in 2017-18? There is a good chance his ceiling a one dimensional 20-25 goal scorer on a bottom 5 team.

I am not advocating for giving him away for absolutely nothing but I think you have to move him given the situation and I don't think the offers will be strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad