Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
You get an extra 24 hours of only you can negotiate with him?

For a 3rd? That's horrible asset management.

What are you talking about? Teams can trade for rights, what does that have to do with Guentzel? Guentzel didn’t request a trade to Tampa. Tampa acquired his rights to get a head start

Yes.... and Tampa should be smart enough to know that Guentzel is 24 hours away from being a UFA... why wouldn't he wait it out and see all the offers tomorrow.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Some decent players getting bought out. Schmidt is also getting bought out.

I'd expect the Leafs to not qualify Liljegren at this rate. Woof

Reactions: Menzinger

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I think there has to be a few trades cooking now and definitely we're signing about 3 to 4 guys minimum tomorrow or in the next week.

The next 5 hours we'll find out about Lilly and most likely Tanev too.

I thought Boqvist was suppose to be really good at one point? What happened? Only 23.

Reactions: aingefan

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Got to make you wonder if Liljegren gets qualified. There’s a real chance he doesn’t.

I think they will, he’ll just get traded afterwards. Does he have arb rights? If he has arb rights, then I don’t think he’s getting qualified

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Some decent players getting bought out. Schmidt is also getting bought out.

I'd expect the Leafs to not qualify Liljegren at this rate. Woof

Don’t see the pressure point that would cause them not to at least qualify. But dumber things have happened in this sport.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Friedman stated in his 32 thoughts blog that trading Marner would be a mistake. Cant trade of incredible talent like that

Have to assume Berube wants to work with him and see if he can do something with him

If Gretzky was traded anybody can be traded.

Marner is TRASH. I would trade him for a bag of pucks to get cap space and culture change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad