Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Yeah Stamkos seems fed up doing this everytime. He’s going to end up in Detroit or Nashville. Stamkos almost left the last time he was UFA. It’s like pulling teeth getting a deal from TB

Reactions: fahad203

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
With the smoke around around Marner re-signing and the lack of moves today I have never been more apathetic towards this team. I'm praying for at minimum some cap clearing trades between now and Monday.

Nothing said about marner right now can be taken at face value. Just have to wait and see what happens

Reactions: CincoHolio

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I'm ok with whatever aav they give Tanev assuming the term is short. If he gets injured as expected we just throw him on the LITR and fill that cap space. If he stays healthy, great.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Is there anyone in that Ekholm / Muzzin stratosphere that is available via trade or signing?

I feel like we need someone on that level to go with Tanev and/or Zadorov.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Is there anyone in that Ekholm / Muzzin stratosphere that is available via trade or signing?

I feel like we need someone on that level to go with Tanev and/or Zadorov.

Ekblad I suppose.

Yep, Yzerman whose going to try and make a big push this summer to make the Wings competitive. Also close to family while avoiding the Leafs fishbowl

Or he could come to the fishbowl and try to actually win again

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
How would that work though? The contract is long and he gets paid most of it in a signing bonus, then retires before the end of the contract? I thought they made those deals illegal?

Do something like:
5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3 -> 3.85M (less if you can)
Load it up with signing bonuses

Great AAV for probably the next 3 years. By then the cap is $100M+ and Tanev only plays maybe 1-2 more seasons at most.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ekblad I suppose.

Or he could come to the fishbowl and try to actually win again

Main board seemed to imply Ekblad was cooked.

I watched and didn't think that, they're saying he's not mobile etc but the guy was going up against Leon and McDavid every game, that's not easy.

Forsling looked better but Ekblad wasn't bad, laid the body too.

Reactions: Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

I watched and didn't think that, they're saying he's not mobile etc but the guy was going up against Leon and McDavid every game, that's not easy.

Also my understanding is he had a high ankle sprain.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

Dude had a huge ankle sprain. .. he’s only 28. No way this guy is cooked after 10 years. He’s still in his prime. I would take Ekblad on the Leafs in a heart beat. Easily the best overall D-man we’ve had probably since Yushkevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad