Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
As much as I've ragged on Jarnkrok in this thread he'd 100% be better than the 0 goal, 0 assists after 6 games that Robertson has posted. It's sucks that a guy like him would probably be lucky to return us a 3rd round pick the way things have gone.

Reactions: Duffman955

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
As much as I've ragged on Jarnkrok in this thread he'd 100% be better than the 0 goal, 0 assists after 6 games that Robertson has posted. It's sucks that a guy like him would probably be lucky to return us a 3rd round pick the way things have gone.

He could be, or he could be a 0-0-0 Jarnkrok too. Or perhaps 0-1-1. Robertson needs a good 20 games to get his NHL feet under him.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yes, effort has been there.

He has scored before, and he'll score again.

He's had opportunity but no finish.
Too fast for the line he’s on imo, just like Styles. If JT and Patches is going to be a line they should get Clutterbuck or a similar type of player……..

Reactions: conFABulator

Minty Cowboy

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Brandon Tanev is in Seattle. Not utah

But speaking of the player, I agree I think Treliving would be interested in this guy at the deadline if Seattle is out of the picture. He's a UFA next off-season, so will be tons of interest for a player like him

Having his brother helps
Oops yup my bad LOL but yeah turbo would be great if Kraken decide to sell.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1729632590288.png

Ok, it's fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Someone mentioned LA prospect Samuel Helenius as a trade target, big Finnish C with upside on a 800k deal for two remaining years. That’s a trade I’d like to see for Lilly, probably pick up a bittom draft pick too……..

Moving now depth, for a guy who probably will never play in the NHL, and if he does, it’s years away doesn’t seem productive.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Liljegren + Robertson to Chicago for Dickinson.

Salaries match.

Hawks get a young player with upside and a youngish depth defenseman who could use a change of scenery.

Leafs get a big middle-six center who hits and takes faceoffs. More offensive upside than Kampf, signed for 1 more year, but off to a slow start in 2024.

This is the type of trade I'd like to see happen..

Use those guys to tempt a bottom team to give up a vet middle six C

Reactions: ACC1224

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Liljegren + Robertson to Chicago for Dickinson.

Salaries match.

Hawks get a young player with upside and a youngish depth defenseman who could use a change of scenery.

Leafs get a big middle-six center who hits and takes faceoffs. More offensive upside than Kampf, signed for 1 more year, but off to a slow start in 2024.

Doesn't work for Hawks for several reasons

- We dont need another depth dman and we already have logjam forming of young D that Liljegren would block further

- Hawks already have young player with upside struggling to find his game (Reichel) so adding another older struggling Robertson doesn't make sense

- Hawks lack C depth so trading away Dickinson makes no sense and he has been nothing but positive since joining team and has proven great to have around kids on roster

Reactions: LeafSteel

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Moving now depth, for a guy who probably will never play in the NHL, and if he does, it’s years away doesn’t seem productive.

I'd expect a top 90 pick attached to that kind of deal but I think we're heading towards something like that. Liljegren isn't even playing and I doubt that changes anytime soon. Hakanpaa will be ready at some point, Myers hasn't played and Rifai showed to be capable. Something has to give and I don't think value will be all that great with whatever happens.

If the Leafs can get a young project that can go to the Marlies without waivers, a pick and opening 3M of cap space, it could be ok. In hindsight, the Leafs needed to be a lot more pro-active in the off-season to avoid the inevitable.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Berube isn't even using his depth on D even on back to backs. Depth is only useful if you use it. They should just move Lilly now before Berube lowers his value even more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad