To Anaheim: Timothy Liljegren + Nick Robertson

To Toronto: CGY 6th Rounder
To Calgary: David Kampf

Vatrano - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Domi - Nylander
Pacioretty - Tavares - McMann
Lorentz - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Reaves

Jarnkrok can move into Pacioretty’s spot when he needs a game off or two.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
To Toronto: Frank Vatrano + TOR 3rd Rounder
To Anaheim: Timothy Liljegren + Nick Robertson

To Toronto: CGY 6th Rounder
To Calgary: David Kampf

Vatrano - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Domi - Nylander
Pacioretty - Tavares - McMann
Lorentz - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Reaves

Jarnkrok can move into Pacioretty’s spot when he needs a game off or two.
Vatrano’s past his prime, rather obtain someone with upside and term, what are you doing with Dewar?

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Maple Leafs' Center Linked to Flames Amid Reported Trade Interest - Athlon Sports

Just a few weeks ago, before the start of the season, the Calgary Flames were expected to get deeper into their rebuilding process after already moving some key players before the 2024 trade deadline.

The latest reports, however, point exactly toward the opposite direction. According to Frank Seravalli, the Flames are in fact looking for reinforcements, not to get rid of the remaining valuable veterans in their roster.

According to Seravalli, appearing on Amazon Prime Video’s "Coast to Coast" on Thursday, the Flames "don't have any interest in tearing things down."

Seravalli indicated that Calgary's general manager "has been working the phones in recent days to try and find a center to add to the Calgary Flames in their middle-six."

Chris Gerics of Hockey Patrol supported Seravalli's report and speculated if the Toronto Maple Leafs could help the Flames in their chase by providing the perfect trade target and asset.

With Mikael Backlund and Justin Kirkland anchoring the Flames' current lines, Calgary still lacks the depth to push through the Western Conference.

Gerics suggested that David Kampf would be an ideal fit for Calgary's needs.

"David Kampf would be a perfect fit for the Flames given his relative youth, faceoff acumen, defense, and he would slot perfectly between Connor Zary and Blake Coleman, allowing Mikael Backlund to play the fourth line."

Entering Sunday, Daily Faceoff has Kampf slotted as the fourth-line center of the Maple Leafs in its latest depth chart.

In Gerics' eyes, the Leafs could see an opportunity to offload Kampf’s salary while getting a useful return in the form of draft picks or prospects.

"Perhaps a package of Kampf and a lower pick for a low-mid-end prospect or a few draft picks would be a great way to recoup assets while dropping Kampf's contract," Gerics finished.

The market for an overpaid fourth line scrub is never very good.

Those guys are pretty much replacement level players. Hell the Leafs have Reaves on the fourth line for crying out loud. If anything I figured the Leafs would be the ones having to add the pick to unload Kampf.

If Kampf is better than completely useless it's only by the smallest increment.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Maple Leafs' Center Linked to Flames Amid Reported Trade Interest - Athlon Sports

Just a few weeks ago, before the start of the season, the Calgary Flames were expected to get deeper into their rebuilding process after already moving some key players before the 2024 trade deadline.

The latest reports, however, point exactly toward the opposite direction. According to Frank Seravalli, the Flames are in fact looking for reinforcements, not to get rid of the remaining valuable veterans in their roster.

According to Seravalli, appearing on Amazon Prime Video’s "Coast to Coast" on Thursday, the Flames "don't have any interest in tearing things down."

Seravalli indicated that Calgary's general manager "has been working the phones in recent days to try and find a center to add to the Calgary Flames in their middle-six."

Chris Gerics of Hockey Patrol supported Seravalli's report and speculated if the Toronto Maple Leafs could help the Flames in their chase by providing the perfect trade target and asset.

With Mikael Backlund and Justin Kirkland anchoring the Flames' current lines, Calgary still lacks the depth to push through the Western Conference.

Gerics suggested that David Kampf would be an ideal fit for Calgary's needs.

"David Kampf would be a perfect fit for the Flames given his relative youth, faceoff acumen, defense, and he would slot perfectly between Connor Zary and Blake Coleman, allowing Mikael Backlund to play the fourth line."

Entering Sunday, Daily Faceoff has Kampf slotted as the fourth-line center of the Maple Leafs in its latest depth chart.

In Gerics' eyes, the Leafs could see an opportunity to offload Kampf’s salary while getting a useful return in the form of draft picks or prospects.

"Perhaps a package of Kampf and a lower pick for a low-mid-end prospect or a few draft picks would be a great way to recoup assets while dropping Kampf's contract," Gerics finished.
Considering how petty the ownership is in Calgary when it comes to dealing with Treliving (see Zadorov and Tanev trades last year), I don’t see any scenario where a deal with Calgary gets done for anyone.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I think if you surveyed contenders looking for a playoff add, they'd comfortably take McBain over Liljegren/Holmberg as it stands today.

Given cap hits and the premium attached to physical attributes, i'd bet there's a decent add on Liljegren if it were to happen.
Well, the 6'5 part of McBain would probably do that, so you're likely not wrong.

However, if Lilly turns into a top 4 D (which he has at times here), then it's a clean win for Utah, IMO.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Well, the 6'5 part of McBain would probably do that, so you're likely not wrong.

However, if Lilly turns into a top 4 D (which he has at times here), then it's a clean win for Utah, IMO.
Season is a long brutal one.
Seeing Tanev take one off the leg yesterday (though he was fine) reminded me that depth helps, it can get pared down pretty quick. Can’t just toss aside good players, especially on the back end….so, I’m glad no deals been made yet. Trim from the forwards….easier to replace.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Seeing Tanev take one off the leg yesterday (though he was fine) reminded me that depth helps, it can get pared down pretty quick. Can’t just toss aside good players, especially on the back end….so, I’m glad no deals been made yet. Trim from the forwards….easier to replace.
Oh yeah, they're one Tanev injury away from a bit of a mess.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Oh yeah, they're one Tanev injury away from a bit of a mess.
For sure.
The whole RH group has an injury history, so makes sense to me to protect that with depth.
For all the anti-lil sentiment about a couple of areas for growth for him in the D zone (ignoring his breakout strengths there and his good play in the other two), he’s capable of playing up and down the pairs, which is gonna matter at some point.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
How good is Granlund? Is he a upgrade over Domi? They seem to be similar in the pass first, won't score many goals type player. I caught a few Sharks games lately and he played well.

Reactions: aingefan

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How good is Granlund? Is he a upgrade over Domi? They seem to be similar in the pass first, won't score many goals type player. I caught a few Sharks games lately and he played well.

He'd be a solid upgrade in our lineup. I don't think we can afford him unless they retain 50% and at that point his value shoots way up. He's another Jarnkrok/Domi level player, not sure he makes sense.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
He'd be a solid upgrade in our lineup. I don't think we can afford him unless they retain 50% and at that point his value shoots way up. He's another Jarnkrok/Domi level player, not sure he makes sense.

Is he better at the center position than Domi though?
Like what is he defensively, because all I've heard is that Domi is a trainwreck defensively and shouldn't stick there.
Tavares's level has worried me for awhile and if he takes another step back, our center position starts to look very questionable.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Liljegren at 3M per for 2 years
Kampf at 2.4M per for 3 years
Jarnkrok at 2.1M per for 2 years

I don't think any of those are bad contracts relative to their abilities. If a team has cap space those contracts are unloadable. Kampf's contract is the most unpleasant with the extra year of term, find a team with a need for a 3C that can't find anyone to fit better. He did it for 2 years in Toronto with some success.

I don't like the idea of trading Liljegren. I think when this trial phase is over Liljegren will still be a better option than Timmins and Myers and Hakanpaa has some health concerns. It feels like you're blowing a hole in the roster where it looks pretty good if they'd play the proper players.

Reactions: aingefan

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is he better at the center position than Domi though?
Like what is he defensively, because all I've heard is that Domi is a trainwreck defensively and shouldn't stick there.
Tavares's level has worried me for awhile and if he takes another step back, our center position starts to look very questionable.

I'd say yes but not sure he checks enough other boxes.

Reactions: weems

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Call it too early if you like but the bottom 6 seems like it will be a bit offensively challenged.

Jarnkrok fizzles out in the playoffs, Robertson/Holmberg shooting blanks.

I'm not counting on any of Dewar, Kampf, Lorentz or Reaves for goals.

Liljegren is already on the trade block but they need to maybe work towards finding a different mix up front between now and TDL, swap 2 bodies.

Iafallo is someone on WPG that seems buried.

Reactions: Rare Jewel

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
And several years to go, Tanev is great, but that contract is a free ticket to Robidas Island……..

horner

May 22, 2007
Brannstrom was just trades ti Vancouver
For
tucker Poolman 20 % retained + 4th rd pk

Ljiligren vs Brannstrom
Who is better?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Brannstrom was just trades ti Vancouver
For
tucker Poolman 20 % retained + 4th rd pk

Ljiligren vs Brannstrom
Who is better?

Liljegren has been a lot more effective his NHL tenure so far, both offensively but especially defensively. Brannstrom has a cheaper cap hit though after being let go by the Sens.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad