Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Tough fit for us I think. They probably want value, and we don't have a lot to give for a bit of a question mark. Can't say I've seen a lot of him recently either.
No immediate rush but Jarnkrok, Dewar and Hakanpaa aren't going to be on LTIR for the season and the Leafs are 5.5M over the cap. It wouldn't be a bad thing to get ahead of the looming decisions, especially if there's interest.

So Jiricek grumbled about being demoted last year, and here he is sitting again.

So he isn't one of their best defenders, and people want to sell the prospect farm so Leafs can demote him to the minors?

Maybe he is better than Timmins? Maybe the BJ's have a loaded defense and the Leafs is chopped liver?

I'd be fine doing a reasonable trade for the prospect, but overpaying is overpaying.

How about Robertson straight across.

Move Liljegren/Kampf/Jarnkrok for Cap Relief and get a fair return.
Fair return on Kampf < Jarnkrok < Liljegren.

Reactions: SprDaVE

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
No immediate rush but Jarnkrok, Dewar and Hakanpaa aren't going to be on LTIR for the season and the Leafs are 5.5M over the cap. It wouldn't be a bad thing to get ahead of the looming decisions, especially if there's interest.

To be fair...all 3 are "stuck" on LTIR for at least another 6 games.

In those 6 games, it's entirely possible that somebody gets hurt; so there is some degree of logic in "always" being over the cap using LTIR.

They also can afford to bring Dewar off LTIR (as he was not on LTIR as part of the season-opeining roster), as long as Hildeby goes back down. They could, ALTERNATIVELY, bring Hakanpaa off LTIR, assuming Hildeby goes down and they waive Phillipe Myers.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
To be fair...all 3 are "stuck" on LTIR for at least another 6 games.

In those 6 games, it's entirely possible that somebody gets hurt; so there is some degree of logic in "always" being over the cap using LTIR.

They also can afford to bring Dewar off LTIR (as he was not on LTIR as part of the season-opeining roster), as long as Hildeby goes back down. They could, ALTERNATIVELY, bring Hakanpaa off LTIR, assuming Hildeby goes down and they waive Phillipe Myers.

6 games is by the end of the month.

It's possible Leafs hit another LTIR by then. It's possible they don't. Either way, the point is that it would probably be wise to make a trade to relieve some of the cap from players in a depth role. If Treliving and the Leafs can manage the cap without making a single trade and only waive a player or two, then I guess kudos?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Marino now confirmed out multiple months
Durzi out 4-5 months.

Sergacheev playing 28 minutes the other night. Ian Cole played 25ish minutes.

Liljegren to Utah makes a lot of sense.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Jarnkrok, Lilly and Kampf sound like the new version of Ryder, Halak and a 2nd that Habs fans kept pushing

• Haha
Reactions: OVO16

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Marino now confirmed out multiple months
Durzi out 4-5 months.

Sergacheev playing 28 minutes the other night. Ian Cole played 25ish minutes.

Liljegren to Utah makes a lot of sense.

I was coming here to post this but yeah, they're actually doing okay in the standings, they likely don't want to fall behind in the standings in year #1 because of injuries.

They have picks;

1729357444679.png

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Liljegren to either Utah and Kings shouold've been done already

Heck even Timmins to one of those timmins. Both are RD

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad