Confirmed with Link: [7/23/24] Sabres sign Beck Malenstyn 2 years, $1.35m AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
The one season Zem had 90% d-zone starts he was 5 goals and -11

I hope the nerds that we employ know things about things

Move on dot org

Might as well sign Aube Kubel

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'm honestly curious to find out how a guy has 200+ hits and only 25 PIMs playing 14 minutes a night. Strikes me that he's playing physical, but disciplined hockey.

After my initial reaction, I still hate the *trade* but I acknowledge he fills a role. Hopefully his fancy stats improve but a d*ck PKer is nice to have.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Overpaid of course but it sounds like something we desperately needed and he gets high praise from the Caps fans. I feel like this might be a thread we come back to in a year and eat at least a little crow.

Still doesn't absolve Adams of all of our other glaring needs.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe I’m on an island but I don’t care that they traded 43 for a player that will play for them now. I don’t care that he’s a 4th liner. They need an entire 4th line. They don’t need more second round prospects. They identified someone and they acquired him. I’m not interested in the value conversation. I’m interested In Kevyn Adams building a roster so he can be judged for the results of it. Now do it four or five more times.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe I’m on an island but I don’t care that they traded 43 for a player that will play for them now. I don’t care that he’s a 4th liner. They need an entire 4th line. They don’t need more second round prospects. They identified someone and they acquired him. I’m not interested in the value conversation. I’m interested In Kevyn Adams building a roster so he can be judged for the results of it. Now do it four or five more times.

Probably the last people who I thought I would be on that island with Ace. But here we are.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Yup! Now, he needs to do this for several more holes. Some of which are tougher to find…so we’ll see

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Terrible value. The player would have been fine for a 4th but a 2nd is outrageous. Adams leaves no confidence he knows what he’s doing.
The value was entirely created by trading down to the 14th pick. They still got the player that most of us expected at 11, and they got a reportedly great 4th liner. That lessens the blow substantially.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
This. They need a fourth line center desperately. A real fourth line would be a huge step in acknowledging an attempt to actually build a roster

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I'm reminded of Ruff talking about Kaleta being someone who is the straw that stirs the team's drink. They need players who bring a hitting game nightly, regardless of who is around them to draw the rest into the fray. Now they need more.
Desperately missed a Kaleta type. No here's to hoping him being in Buffalo doesn't skyrocket his penalty minutes the way Kaleta was treated.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
The value was entirely created by trading down to the 14th pick. They still got the player that most of us expected at 11, and they got a reportedly great 4th liner. That lessens the blow substantially.
Just because you managed to create a marginal surplus doesn’t mean it’s ok to destroy that by taking a deficit and ruining the investment.

It’s called bad asset management and return on investment.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Just because you managed to create a marginal surplus doesn’t mean it’s ok to destroy that by taking a deficit and ruining the investment.

It’s called bad asset management and return on investment.

I’m happy the Sabres are (hopefully) leaving the asset management and return on investment parts team building.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Why are people saying we could have used this pick to get a different/better player?

What other players have been traded today for a 2nd?

Seems like the options were a) make the pick or b) trade for Malenstyn.

The trade was made shortly before the pick…
You should go over to the free agency trade rumours sub forum.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
That's where I'm at. They possibly have too many picks and prospects to develop. Even if they make a the kind of move people are hoping for it'll still be logjammy. Throw in that this was basically a bonus pick and I don't care at all even if the value is seemingly not great.

What this says to me is that they identified this guy as a top option for the role they're gonna put him in, otherwise they wouldn't have given up a 2nd. So hopefully they're right. My main concern is my lack of faith in their pro scouting, but maybe that's because they weren't willing to pay premiums to get the guys they identify as ideal.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
And 3C, and top 6/9 f, and top 4 RD probably
Unfortunately It's looking like Krebs is their 3C. I would be very surprised if they add a top 4 D. If Skinner goes away and they add a 6 forward that would be ideal.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Unfortunately It's looking like Krebs is their 3C. I would be very surprised if they add a top 4 D. If Skinner goes away and they add a 6 forward that would be ideal.
Well I hope then he'll be fired.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I have no idea what this means. Everything in the offseason is literally that.
No. We're like boomers who spent years working and accumulating assets. We can spend freely now knowing that we are set with futures wealth.

We can splurge on a Norwegian cruise or a top-end 4th liner who might have a shot at being our Dakota Joshua. It's not really about the price anymore. Throw it in the bag.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I have no idea what this means. Everything in the offseason is literally that.

No. Hoarding futures assets because of value, return on investment, or not making moves because it would be bad value is silly. We aren’t saving prospects for retirement. We don’t care if the player drafted has more value than the acquired player in 2029.

They need to build a winning team now. Now worry about the ROI in 5 years

Reactions: Zman5778 and HOOats

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
No. We're like boomers who spent years working and accumulating assets. We can spend freely now knowing that we are set with futures wealth.

We can splurge on a Norwegian cruise or a top-end 4th liner who might have a shot at being our Dakota Joshua. It's not really about the price anymore. Throw it in the bag.
Probably why Adams is saying efff it. He’s thinking “if I f*** this up, I’m fired anyway, house money!”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad