Confirmed with Link: Trade with the Washington Capitals, Beck Malenstyn for 2nd round (#43)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Who's a lot of people? I respect chain's opinion but he seems to be the only one.

Of course we like the trade if he's good. But it feels like an annual thing that we get some underwhelming acquisition that could be good depth, then "big surprise", they remain underwhelming.

Jost, Erik Johnson, Eric Robinson, Lyubushkin, Sheahan, Bjork, Stillman, eakin, hagg.

Aside from thompson, who was the last player we acquired that exceeded expectations?

I like the trade. Not the return but I like the player.

This bad and why?

Dude was out there to get the puck back and go the other way

Reactions: Chainshot

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
there are pages and pages in the other thread, saying 'don't care if we over pay, just do something Adams'

KA trades a free 2nd round pick and people loose their minds
This is because when people want an overpay, they want kevyn to get an impact trade (Like Ehlers and Iafallo yesterday) across the finish line.

Not pull a Jason Botterill/Scandella embarrassment for a bad 4th liner lol.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Who's a lot of people? I respect chain's opinion but he seems to be the only one.

Go to the main board thread and you’ll see different people saying he is a great fourth liner, that we will like him, and that he is a good addition.

Enter his name into the search bar and you’ll see a ton of posts throughout the season from caps fans praising him.

Of course we like the trade if he's good. But it feels like an annual thing that we get some underwhelming acquisition that could be good depth, then "big surprise", they remain underwhelming.

Jost, Erik Johnson, Eric Robinson, Lyubushkin, Sheahan, Bjork, Stillman, eakin, hagg.

Aside from thompson, who was the last player we acquired that exceeded expectations?

Yeah, all of those players are bargain bin acquisitions. This is a praised player we actually paid a premium to get.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Don’t care, if he’s a good fourth liner which a lot of people think he is…I don’t care about a little overpay in futures assets.

If he’s good, I like the trade. If he ends up being bad, I don’t like it.
Weren't posters just saying we have to get role players even if we overpay because no one signs here? Strange.

Now get me Carrier, and that 4th line should be set. Still moves to be made, though.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010

Greenway and Tuch have been good players who exceeded expectations.

Bjork/sheahan/eakin/hagg/stillman/robinson/Jost are fodder. You could even say Jost outperformed expectations in his first year. Beck is a guy more like Johan Larsson, you see if he can build a bit more offense on a guy who is a solid NHL player

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Weren't posters just saying we have to get role players even if we overpay because no one signs here? Strange.

Now get me Carrier, and that 4th line should be set. Still moves to be made, though.

Carrier and Malenstyn would be a way to make sure both Sabre fans at the rink are into the game. The boards would be rattling, for sure.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This is because when people want an overpay, they want kevyn to get an impact trade (Like Ehlers and Iafallo yesterday) across the finish line.

Not pull a Jason Botterill/Scandella embarrassment for a bad 4th liner lol.
They also wanted to upgrade the bottom 6. Those aren’t going to be blockbuster trades, even if they're overpayments.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
some sandpaper in the lineup. who gives a f*** about some overpayment?

The same people that utter the phrases "if you need to overpay to get your target, then do it" or "it's much easier to flip skill for toughness", are probably the same ones complaining.

Given how much less I watched of the league and the prospects this year, I trust @Chainshot's eval. So I'll sit back and see how he fits in the roster construction this year.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
They devalued their 1st round pick to essentially acquire a 4th line guy. It’s poor asset management for a guy desperate to make up for inactivity from years past.
So if we offer that #43 for jeannot is it a problem? Because Beck was a better player last year compared to Jeannot

And they dropped down in the draft, but still got a guy they had in their top 10.

Fans can’t have it both ways. Either we move picks and prospects at a slight devaluation to make the damn playoffs or we don’t. They got a solid 4th line guy who maybe can be a third liner. To me, that’s worth giving up the pick that can maybe make this team in 3 years

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
ICANT

I don't care about the trade, I care that Washington gave a 2nd to get Mangipane and then got a 2nd back to move out a 4th liner. A 2nd for a top 9 two way player and then got a 2nd for a 4th liner with 8 goals in 100 something games played.

The only thing that can make me ok now is if Adams says he tried to talk to Mangiapane and he said no.
This is an RFA who could be signed a few years at a lower cost than UFA.

Mangio might have asked not to go to buffalo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2