Confirmed with Link: Trade with the Washington Capitals, Beck Malenstyn for 2nd round (#43)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
A line that gets ridiculous d-zone use was what happened with the Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo line and I would bet that looking at this, people who hated Larsson are also going to come down hard on hating Malenstyn.
Well we missed the playoffs every year we had Larsson, so replacing him with another Larsson doesn’t get me very excited. I suppose he’s fine but need some needle-movers on this team.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Peopleare still on suicide watch when murray added picks to get impact plsyers, Adams overpays for a 4th liner and that's a good thing? I get being a fan of this team, but this constant defending and talking down to people that want this franchise to be more than the worst run franchise in hockey is shit that shouldn't fly.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
So ie the Sabres traded pick 11 for pick 14 and Beck Malestyn…. Great asset management. I would have rather had the choice between Sam Dickenson and Konsta Helenius ….I like Helenius but this minimizes what seemed to be a good trade at the time.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
FWIW evolving hockey has him with positive goals above replacement, negative xgoals above replacement.

His on-ice shot/chance stats were pretty bad, but goals weren't terrible. Either he did his job well, or got lucky more pucks didn't find the back of the net. I guess we'll find out.
It sounds like we could have just resigned Girgensons.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Agree, we have different views of the player. I have no problem with him being on the team. My problem lies in the asset management to acquire him.
THIS

#43 just more we could have spent this asset on acquiring a 3C or top 9 forward or top 6 forward (with ++ of course)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well we missed the playoffs every year we had Larsson, so replacing him with another Larsson doesn’t get me very excited.

More like, Housley crushed O'Reilly the year before with the same use. Then they used that line since the middle of the lineup was shit and Eichel spent too much time not caring.

The point that a heavy d-zone use that isn't absolutely cratered is not some sort of terrible player as some are claiming, immediately after kneejerk reactions that they don't know who he is.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
“We can’t defend in our own zone with our forward core”
“We don’t have any grit, we need to draft guys, even if they top out at bottom 6 forwards”
“We don’t have size in the lineup”
“If adams doesn’t trade one of our first three picks it’s a failure”

Adams trades a second for a fourth line player who hits, speed, great defense, pks, with some offensive upside - “adams is a joke he is stupid this team sucks”

Four year olds around here upset when their parents bring them the pb&j they want but now they dknt want it so they throw a fit

This is the best analogy I've ever read on this board. :heart:

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
ADAMS REFUSES TO OVERPAY AND LOSE TRADES!

ADAMS OVERPAID!

Make up your minds. :eyeroll:
This has been explained an exhausting amount of times, but

Fans want Adams to get impact deals done by getting them over the finish line. He has said himself, for many years in a row, that he was close on a bunch of big trades. Supposedly the latest one is yesterday for Ehlers and Iafallo, two top 6/9 forwards. We want him to become a closer who isn't obsessed with winning a trade, so he can make this team better.

We also think it's goofy that he was willing to pay a 2nd for this guy to recoup washington's 2nd they moved for a player who is obviously in a higher tier value-wise. We speed-ran the Botterill Scandella-for-a-4th so the other team can get a 2nd for him 2 weeks later adventure, for a 26 year old 4th liner with bad metrics and 1 year of experience. These things do not contradict.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Guy who skates fast, plays with some physical edge, and succeeded in an *extremely* tough defensive role last season for the Caps. This is exactly the type of player we’ve been missing (though it would be nice to get some more guys who can both walk and chew bubblegum, ie, play strong offense and defense).

I very much expect to enjoy watching this guy as a Sabre.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
My kneejerk reaction is that I hate this trade, why is Adams just throwing a 2nd round pick at a 4th line replacement level player.
Because this team is so bad at drafting and developing, that the last time we successfully developed this type of role player, he got to stay on the team FOREVER and we still can’t rid ourselves of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad