Value of: Trade Value of Jamie Drysdale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Did I say that you said either of those things? "Acting" is different then "saying" where I come from.

You said you don't think his value is any more then a 1st.

If I misread that I apologize, but Podkolzin is closer to a bust then Drysdale. I wouldn't do Drysdale for Podkolzin + protected 1st for the exact reason I said in my first post. The Ducks don't need futures, and it makes no sense to trade Drysdale for a package. If they were going to move him it would be in a package for a better RHD.

I'm not trying to argue that Drysdale should fetch way more. It makes no sense for the Ducks to sell low, and no team is going to pay what they would a year ago when he missed a year to injury.
1. Yeah, it's totally fair to disagree on price for Drysdale or that Anaheim just doesn't see a benefit to trading him. Understandable.

2. You may not have said that I said these other comments about Podkolzin and Drysdale, but you clearly arguing as if you were attributing those to me in your response.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The Ducks seem to have a couple very solid young D that can fill the D role. Anaheim needs a top LW imo.
I'd argue RW over LW. After this year you've got:
Zegras-McTavish-???
Killorn-Carlsson-Terry
Jones-Strome-Vatrano

With Nesterenko showing flashes (probably the best chance at a top 6 wing from prospects at this point?) developing too.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
1. Yeah, it's totally fair to disagree on price for Drysdale or that Anaheim just doesn't see a benefit to trading him. Understandable.

2. You may not have said that I said these other comments about Podkolzin and Drysdale, but you clearly arguing as if you were attributing those to me in your response.
You may not have said that he said that you said where I said that Drysdale has great value still despite his injury given previous production in the show and Podkolzin is closer to waiver fodder than 1st rounder trade value, but I will say that neither of you saidi that it just doesn't seem to be a fit based around those premises.

At best, its a redo for the Ducks and they hope to get someone with the same talent level and health. Seems to be more risk with little upside with offers like such.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Drysdale could very well be the best of the group

We have enough dmen
I don’t deny that he could be the best of the bunch. We also can’t deny if our Gm sees that as long term player for us, or blue chip trade prospect. And option 3 is he doesn’t view him as the best of the bunch.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not like the player coming back has much value, a smaller dman that just missed significant time to a shoulder injury. It’s a project for a project.
It’s a project (Drysdale) for a bust (Podkolzin). Big difference.

You should ask Anaheim fans if they’d do Drysdale for Podkolzin + 2024 1st (top 5 protected). I think Anaheim says no. But I’m not them and won’t speak for them.

As a non Ducks fan but if I was their GM, I’d do that deal. I think that Vancouver pick comes in around 10th overall in 2024. That’s a Drysdale redo pick. Drysdale had awful underlying stats in his second season playing a top pair role he wasn’t remotely ready to play. Hard to know what kind of player he’ll become.

Last edited:

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

You should ask Anaheim fans if they’d do Drysdale for Podkolzin + 2024 1st (top 5 protected). I think Anaheim says no. But I’m not them and won’t speak for them.

As a non Ducks fan but if I was their GM, I’d do that deal. I think that Vancouver pick comes in around 10th overall in 2024. That’s a Drysdale redo pick. Drysdale had awful underlying stats in his second season playing a top pair role he wasn’t remotely ready to play. Hard to know what kind of player he’ll become.
Canucks easily do that deal if it’s top 6-8 protected. Or a 2025 lotto protected 1st.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Because he missed last season his value has tanked. Anaheim is better off letting him play and at worst increase his value to get a 2nd, or something in the offseason.

Or he plays fine and the Ducks keep him, or re-write him into their future plans

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Because he missed last season his value has tanked. Anaheim is better off letting him play and at worst increase his value to get a 2nd, or something in the offseason.

Or he plays fine and the Ducks keep him, or re-write him into their future plans
He and the ducks need to get a contract done. He missed almost all of last season and didn’t get a training camp this year. Going to be behind this season.
Both sides messing up. Anaheim, it’s an asset that even if he’s not part of your roster long term you need to see some development to get value for him as he’s still a RHD and those are still limited in the nhl.

This contract stalemate needs to conclude soon for both parties.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So a no value asset and a +. The plus better be a 2024 1st.

I'd happily do Podkolzin + 1st for Drysdale.

I'd be hesitant to trade that 1st, but someone of Drysdale's caliber would definitely be the sort of piece i'd be willing to give it up for. A young RHD with bigtime potential? Sure. That's easily worth it.

I'm not sure why Anaheim would be into that though. Resetting the clock on a top pick? Seems like going in circles to me. Doubt they'd be interested, despite some tough contract talks at the moment.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Canucks easily do that deal if it’s top 6-8 protected. Or a 2025 lotto protected 1st.
Why would Anaheim accept a 2025 1st (top 16 protected). That’s a crap offer. Unless you mean to 2 protected. But the lottery applies to all 16 teams that have lottery balls.

Drysdale for 2024 1st top 5 protected + Podkolzin.

Does Vancouver do it?
Does Anaheim?

My guess is Vancouver says yes and Anaheim says no.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Why would Anaheim accept a 2025 1st (top 16 protected). That’s a crap offer. Unless you mean to 2 protected. But the lottery applies to all 16 teams that have lottery balls.

Drysdale for 2024 1st top 5 protected + Podkolzin.

Does Vancouver do it?
Does Anaheim?

My guess is Vancouver says yes and Anaheim says no.
I think most Vancouver fans would say yes if it was top 5 protected.

Reactions: McJedi

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT

I’m don’t agree that Podkolzin is a bust, and I personally don’t add a first. I see other Canucks fans do, that’s fine, I don’t value Drysdale that high and I am personally higher on Pod.

I'd happily do Podkolzin + 1st for Drysdale.

I'd be hesitant to trade that 1st, but someone of Drysdale's caliber would definitely be the sort of piece i'd be willing to give it up for. A young RHD with bigtime potential? Sure. That's easily worth it.

I'm not sure why Anaheim would be into that though. Resetting the clock on a top pick? Seems like going in circles to me. Doubt they'd be interested, despite some tough contract talks at the moment.
Don’t you think with Hughes it would not be beneficial to take on a smaller dman. Hronek should bring some points from the right side. I just don’t think this is a player that fits and if he does it’s because it was the right price.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’m don’t agree that Podkolzin is a bust, and I personally don’t add a first. I see other Canucks fans do, that’s fine, I don’t value Drysdale that high and I am personally higher on Pod.

Don’t you think with Hughes it would not be beneficial to take on a smaller dman. Hronek should bring some points from the right side. I just don’t think this is a player that fits and if he does it’s because it was the right price.

It's not "perfect" with Drysdale's lack of size. But there's a point at which talent and upside just tips the scales to where i'd say screw it and pull the trigger anyway. Guys with that sort of talent as a RHD are just rarely available. And honestly in this case...he probably isn't actually even available anyway. But i'd make that deal for him if he were.

Reactions: oceanchild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad