Value of: Trade Value of Jamie Drysdale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What do you think the proposed trade value is for
Jamie Drysdale
Smaller Dman coming off a major shoulder injury.
I'm guessing the contract issue with the Ducks right now is that Anaheim is pressing for 3 year term whereas Drysdale would take a lower AAV to get it only 2 years in length.

Ducks historically are notorious, since Burke era to grinding RFA with no arbitration rights on term.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Probably a player like Drysdale. Cliche I know, but they have no reason to move him yet.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Can’t imagine there’s an offer out there worth it to Anaheim after Drysdale missed almost the entire 2022-23 season.
This. No point in moving him unless it is an upgrade at RHD that is still young. Who would do that?

No point in selling low. Especially when the Ducks are so set on the backend prospect wise. No futures package would be worth it either.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No reason to move drysdale…. Should be a key part to our defense this year

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
But, but, but he hasn't signed yet. According to many in the Zegras thread, that by not signing already it 100% means that Anaheim has given up on him ... or maybe it was that he has demanded a trade ... I don't remember, something like that...

/narrator: He's not going anywhere right now

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can’t imagine there’s an offer out there worth it to Anaheim after Drysdale missed almost the entire 2022-23 season.
Drysdale needs to sign and get playing after missing almost all of last season. Zellweger is pro eligible now. Anaheim May only keep one around long term as their PMD given the size of both guys.

But, but, but he hasn't signed yet. According to many in the Zegras thread, that by not signing already it 100% means that Anaheim has given up on him ... or maybe it was that he has demanded a trade ... I don't remember, something like that...

/narrator: He's not going anywhere right now
Anaheim is notorious for grinding rfas without arbitration rights. Like the Lou Lam of the west almost. That’s how they have done business for years. Figure they are trying to get him locked in for 3 years whereas Drysdale wants to keep it to 2 years.
The benefit to Anaheim to locking in Terry for 3 years vs 2 was a worth a close to a few million last season against the cap (not that they needed it but that’s how they operate).

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Anaheim is notorious for grinding rfas without arbitration rights. Like the Lou Lam of the west almost. That’s how they have done business for years. Figure they are trying to get him locked in for 3 years whereas Drysdale wants to keep it to 2 years.
The benefit to Anaheim to locking in Terry for 3 years vs 2 was a worth a close to a few million last season against the cap (not that they needed it but that’s how they operate).
You may want to give your sarcasm meter a tap, it doesn't seem to be working...

Reactions: ChopSuey

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
He's a bit untradeable right now unless there is a GM that's obsessed with him. Just missed an entire year + had surgery, offers are going to be on the lame side until he's performing in the NHL again, which could be very soon. Can't see the Ducks doing it.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Not like the player coming back has much value, a smaller dman that just missed significant time to a shoulder injury. It’s a project for a project.
Drysdale is a question mark because he missed a year due to injury. He is a year younger then Podkolzin and scored more then him as a defensemen. Podkolzin is a project because he may not be a top 6 forward in the NHL.

Not sure why the Ducks would ever make a deal like that.

Yes.

How much value does Drysdale have? I don't think it's any more than a 1st either.

Honestly I would do Podz + 1st, provided some level of protection (top-10 protected or so).
He scored 32 points as a 19 year old in the NHL the season before missing a whole year due to injury. His upside is way higher then Podkolzin and a middling 1st. Lets stop acting like he played last year and was trash.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Drysdale is a question mark because he missed a year due to injury. He is a year younger then Podkolzin and scored more then him as a defensemen. Podkolzin is a project because he may not be a top 6 forward in the NHL.

Not sure why the Ducks would ever make a deal like that.

He scored 32 points as a 19 year old in the NHL the season before missing a whole year due to injury. His upside is way higher then Podkolzin and a middling 1st. Lets stop acting like he played last year and was trash.
No one is acting like he was available and played like trash, don’t project. My concern. Is around if he can handle the NHL physically.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Probably a player like Drysdale. Cliche I know, but they have no reason to move him yet.
so… adam boqvist?

they play similar styles, are both righties, are almost the same exact size, are both young and both have questions about durability.

boqvist is a year and a half older, but has been more productive and is on a cost-controlled contract ($2.6m aav for the next two years).

that said trading a guy for a carbon copy of that guy would be extremely weird for both sides.

ChopSuey

Jun 26, 2023
The Ducks seem to have a couple very solid young D that can fill the D role. Anaheim needs a top LW imo.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Please show me where I said Podkolzin had higher upside. Also, please show me where I said Drysdale wasn't injured last season and where I said he was trash. I'll wait.

Like, what are you even arguing here? Another guy said add a 1st to Podkolzin and I said yes. If you think he's worth more, that's very reasonable. But if you want to make up things about me and get mad about them, that's on you. Relax bud.

I think Drysdale will be a very good player. That's why I would like the Canucks to trade for him. It's a unique opportunity where his value may be depressed given he's coming off a significant injury, is on a contract holdout, and Anaheim also has a surplus of high-upside young defensemen in their organization.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
No urgency to trade him or sign him for that matter. He and his agent already blew it, keeping him away from an important camp for him returning from injury.

Reactions: lwvs84

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Please show me where I said Podkolzin had higher upside. Also, please show me where I said Drysdale wasn't injured last season and where I said he was trash. I'll wait.

Like, what are you even arguing here? Another guy said add a 1st to Podkolzin and I said yes. If you think he's worth more, that's very reasonable. But if you want to make up things about me and get mad about them, that's on you. Relax bud.

I think Drysdale will be a very good player. That's why I would like the Canucks to trade for him. It's a unique opportunity where his value may be depressed given he's coming off a significant injury, is on a contract holdout, and Anaheim also has a surplus of high-upside young defensemen in their organization.
Did I say that you said either of those things? "Acting" is different then "saying" where I come from.

You said you don't think his value is any more then a 1st.
How much value does Drysdale have? I don't think it's any more than a 1st either.

If I misread that I apologize, but Podkolzin is closer to a bust then Drysdale. I wouldn't do Drysdale for Podkolzin + protected 1st for the exact reason I said in my first post. The Ducks don't need futures, and it makes no sense to trade Drysdale for a package. If they were going to move him it would be in a package for a better RHD.

I'm not trying to argue that Drysdale should fetch way more. It makes no sense for the Ducks to sell low, and no team is going to pay what they would a year ago when he missed a year to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad