Proposal: Trade Thread Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Price is leaving near Seattle in the summer and his wife family leave there so I do think he would accept to go in Seattle, I just don't think MB won't protect him
Yes,Price played his entire junior career in Washington state for Tri-City.

Reactions: Vachon23

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Formula for Habs' rebuild this summer:

Leave Price to Seattle
Trade Weber to Nashville
Buyout Drouin and Byron
Trade Kotkaniemi, Romanov, 2nd for Eichel
Predatory offer sheet for Rasmus Dahlin

Profit

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Leave Price to Seattle
Trade Weber to Nashville
Buyout Drouin and Byron

Profit
IF Sabres even deal Eichel, there’s zero chance he’s dealt within the conference let alone division....teams do not like players to come back and bite them in the ass on a regular basis

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
IF Sabres even deal Eichel, there’s zero chance he’s dealt within the conference let alone division....teams do not like players to come back and bite them in the ass on a regular basis
Especially for that package, it will take something that Buffalo can't refuse (A massive overpayment and even there, I don't know if we have the pieces to make them accept the deal)

Reactions: zeeto

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Don't assume that GMs are irrational, the fact is that many players are traded within the division or conference.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yes but there is a different between trading Gorges/Rielly/Mitchell to the same division and trading one of the 10 best player in the league

(If) their GM is not a moron, he will trade for the best package available.

The fact is that roughly 20% of trades take place within a division, which is very close to 25%. Examples include Drouin for Sergachev, Kessel for two 1st rounders, Staal to Carolina, Taylor Hall to Boston, etc.

Eichel-type trades are rare because such players are rare.

Reactions: Addy Endo Daday

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

The fact is that roughly 20% of trades take place within a division, which is very close to 25%. Examples include Drouin for Sergachev, Kessel for two 1st rounders, Staal to Carolina, Taylor Hall to Boston, etc.

If the offer is better than the other teams than yes take it, but if you have offer that have the same value, take the one in the conference.

Reactions: DAChampion

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Price to Seattle would be nice, though they may want a sweetener if guys like Driedger come at a lower cap hit and are readily available.

As good as Kuznetzov is, there has to be more to that story - not interested in someone who could come in and have a negative impact on our young guys.

Drouin needs to go, mainly for his own good. Though, I'd expect a similar player/contract back.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Getting Price off the books this summer should be priority #1.

It's time to part ways with that albatross of a contract before it is too late. Roll with Allen and Primeau next year.

Let Tuna walk and resign Dano. I've come to appreciate his defensive game and face off acumen.

Would that free up enough space for a Dahlin OS?

Drouin - Danault - Gally
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Lehkonen - KK - Anderson
Poehling - Evans - Armia/Perry

Dahlin - Weber
Romanov - Petry
Eddie - chiarot
Norlinder

Allen
Primeau

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Just as O’Reilly’s price tag within the Eastern Conf was much higher than for Western a Conf teams....that’s the way GMs have always operated for higher ceiling players, which is why there may be a handful of examples of high end players traded within a Conf since post-2004 lockout, and almost all of them were like Hossa or Vanek (pending UFA)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Price to Seattle would be nice, though they may want a sweetener if guys like Driedger come at a lower cap hit and are readily available.

As good as Kuznetzov is, there has to be more to that story - not interested in someone who could come in and have a negative impact on our young guys.

Drouin needs to go, mainly for his own good. Though, I'd expect a similar player/contract back.

For me it's not about attitude with Kuznetsov.

He's been on camera with cocaine and he's been in the league's substance abuse program. And his numbers are declining. Two things that don't go together: cocaine and having a body healthy enough to maintain high production at the NHL level, especially the new NHL.

Reactions: smirob

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Leave Price to Seattle
Trade Weber to Nashville
Buyout Drouin and Byron

Profit

Interesting thoughts. But our GM, who will be back, has a totally different philosophy (if we can call it that). These don't seem like things we'll do, except maybe the buyouts, and maybe even moving Weber. And I could see him going after Eichel. But I think it would take more than your package. Kk has 20 points in 50 games. That doesn't get you Eichel.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Leave Price to Seattle
Trade Weber to Nashville
Buyout Drouin and Byron

Profit

Weber needs to go for sure
Drouin needs to go (Im thinking they can at least get a late round pick)
Byron needs to go (Id rather spend an asset to send him somehwere than buy him out)
KK+Guhle+1st+2nd for Eichel would make me happy, maybe even send em the rights to Danault

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For me it's not about attitude with Kuznetsov.

He's been on camera with cocaine and he's been in the league's substance abuse program. And his numbers are declining. Two things that don't go together: cocaine and having a body healthy enough to maintain high production at the NHL level, especially the new NHL.
There's probably like 50% of the league that are on the sweet sugar, rich people love it.

Especially younger players from 20-28ish. Just have to take a look at Tom Wilsons eye and realize he's on it lmao.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Weber needs to go for sure
Drouin needs to go (Im thinking they can at least get a late round pick)
Byron needs to go (Id rather spend an asset to send him somehwere than buy him out)
KK+Guhle+1st+2nd for Eichel would make me happy, maybe even send em the rights to Danault

If Sabres are willing to trade Eichel within the division, which I highly doubt, they would probably start by asking for Suzuki. Not sure KK has that high of a value at the moment.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There's probably like 50% of the league that are on the sweet sugar, rich people love it.

Especially younger players from 20-28ish. Just have to take a look at Tom Wilsons eye and realize he's on it lmao.

Whenever we hear about all these huge drug busts, I always wonder whose buying all this junk...

I think whenever you see a player's production all of a sudden take a nose dive in their mid to late 20's, there's a high chance it's due to cocaine or some other substance abuse issue.

I know of a few players who for a fact used cocaine and had their numbers take nosedived in their primes. But we're not allowed to name names of these boards...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Leave Price to Seattle
Trade Weber to Nashville
Buyout Drouin and Byron

Profit
That would be dreamy... But forget about the last 2... It will take more to get Eichel and there's no way you can trade for Eichel while doing this shit with Dahlin.

All the others, you only need balls to do it... Something ownership lacks.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Getting Price off the books this summer should be priority #1.

It's time to part ways with that albatross of a contract before it is too late. Roll with Allen and Primeau next year.

Let Tuna walk and resign Dano. I've come to appreciate his defensive game and face off acumen.

Would that free up enough space for a Dahlin OS?

Drouin - Danault - Gally
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Lehkonen - KK - Anderson
Poehling - Evans - Armia/Perry

Dahlin - Weber
Romanov - Petry
Eddie - chiarot
Norlinder

Allen
Primeau
Dahlin won't risk signing an offert sheet and be stuck in Buffalo for 7 more years ;)

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That would be dreamy... But forget about the last 2... It will take more to get Eichel and there's no way you can trade for Eichel while doing this shit with Dahlin.

All the others, you only need balls to do it... Something ownership lacks.

Trade for Eichel before offer sheeting Dahlin.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Whenever we hear about all these huge drug busts, I always wonder whose buying all this junk...

I think whenever you see a player's production all of a sudden take a nose dive in their mid to late 20's, there's a high chance it's due to cocaine or some other substance abuse issue.

I know of a few players who for a fact used cocaine and had their numbers take nosedived in their primes. But we're not allowed to name names of these boards...

Liking your use of "nose dive" here :)

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Id trade for Dalhin. And if they trade Eichel to the kings.
Imagine the sabres with Turcotte Thomas 1st 1st Guhle KK 1st 2nd 2nd

that could turn out well for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: