Speculation: Trade Talk V - Livin' for the Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
I like Erhoff, but I don't know what package going the other way I would support. I think he'd make the team better, without a doubt, but I can't quite place how much better so I have a hard time figuring out what I'd be happy with giving up.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
I like Erhoff, but I don't know what package going the other way I would support. I think he'd make the team better, without a doubt, but I can't quite place how much better so I have a hard time figuring out what I'd be happy with giving up.

I still have a weird feeling Tyler Myers may be in play with Dallas. Not sure why. Just a hunch.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If it is a hockey trade, (Seguin for Loui), don't expect it to be one of the names out in the media. Nill and his staff will make a selection of a guy they like and do what it takes to get him.

Edler would be a hockey trade, and Detroit has apparently sweated that guy for years. Would assume Nill is part of the fan club. I wouldn't eliminate Edler as a possibility just because his name is in the media.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I still have a weird feeling Tyler Myers may be in play with Dallas. Not sure why. Just a hunch.

If everyone is truly available in Buffalo other than Girgensons (which has been reported) then yeah I hope they kick the tires, but he seems to be settling in as a good defender, Top 4 for sure, but he's probably not a top pair guy.

I'd take him for sure, but I'd also want to go after another big piece on D still.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
I can't help but get excited with all of those names.

A hypothetical top 6 (in no order) of:

Goose-Dillon
Erhoff/Elder/Myers-Daley
Kconn-Gonchar

Is an upgrade, without considering potential FA help (Fayne)

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Brett Ritchie is following the development curve of James Neal. Better trade him for a mediocre defenceman in order to fulfil his destiny!

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
You never know...
I think we do a deal in the off-season to acquire a d-man. I don't think it happens at the deadline. But, maybe Nill will surprise the hell out of me and do it. That'd be nice!

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Brett Ritchie is following the development curve of James Neal. Better trade him for a mediocre defenceman in order to fulfil his destiny!
While I'm sympathetic to the point you're making and not particularly enamored with any of Ehrhoff, Myers, or Edler, it should be noted that the idea of trading prospect Brett Ritchie with 0 NHL games is quite different than trading a 3 time 20+ goal scorer for a player with no standout attributes.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
While I'm sympathetic to the point you're making and not particularly enamored with any of Ehrhoff, Myers, or Edler, it should be noted that the idea of trading prospect Brett Ritchie with 0 NHL games is quite different than trading a 3 time 20+ goal scorer for a player with no standout attributes.

Still, no interest in trading Ritchie.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
You're not. That happened.

Yeah I think people kept calling him Errorhoff. Honestly I wanted him at the time but not at the price he signed for. Now I have no interest, I dont see how he fits the core.

Myers on the other hand I see as a guy who would be a great addition if the price was right.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Yeah I think people kept calling him Errorhoff. Honestly I wanted him at the time but not at the price he signed for. Now I have no interest, I dont see how he fits the core.

Myers on the other hand I see as a guy who would be a great addition if the price was right.

If Ruff wasn't the coach I'd want Myers as well. I just don't really like how he handled playing him. Could've been Tyler's fault, I really don't know. Either way I don't think it would be a great thing to bring him in with Ruff here.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Well there was that quote from Nill about right-handed D correct? Maybe it was less about how amazingly important Robidas is and more about what he's looking to acquire.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
With Sceviour, Mckenzie and Ritchie ripping up the AHL, we can add scoring depth internally if we move out Fiddler and Whitney. Also we are 12th in goals per game. I don't agree with that analysis either.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This is interesting because Buffalo fans are adamant in some cases there would be no way he'd be moved because of recapture:

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance

Sabres also getting calls on defenseman Christian Ehrhoff. Like the other Sabres w/no-trades, he's submitted his list.

I'm still very much of the opinion you're only getting him for 4 years if you make the trade. Give up assets accordingly ... sure don't want to see a 1st or Chiasson as part of any deal.

Recapture be damned ... he might be available.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Buffalo fans can say what they want, I doubt they have any idea what a brand new GM is thinking. It might also be the case of the owner cutting long term costs as well. Ehrhoff is on the books for a long time and he's not really needed on a team that likely isn't going to turn it around in the next few years. He doesn't fit with the age of the core.

I'm still holding out hope we snag Adam Larsson. And no names have been mentioned, but George Mcphee seems pretty desperate, I wonder what we could get out of that guy? I look at NJ and WSH as two GMs who ar very desperate to keep their jobs and may do some silly things to make that happen. Hopefully if that is the case Jim Nill is there to pounce. It's hard to imagine two long tenured guys as getting canned, but both guys have had some major screwups in the last few years, I think it's entirely possible.

________

Feb 6, 2006
This is interesting because Buffalo fans are adamant in some cases there would be no way he'd be moved because of recapture:

I'm still very much of the opinion you're only getting him for 4 years if you make the trade. Give up assets accordingly ... sure don't want to see a 1st or Chiasson as part of any deal.

Recapture be damned ... he might be available.

Remember Nill said he was happy the Stars didn't have any of those types of deals. I don't think he'd go after Ehrhoff for that very reason.

Like Myers or Luke Schenn are probably more likely that Ehrhoff. Didn't Ruff say Myers was a future superstar or something like that before this season started during a radio interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad