Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Soshnikov is another Slepyshev/Khaira type talent. Someone who's a bottom line talent with some potential to possibly move up but not likely to have a consistently noticeable impact on the roster. I don't dislike any of those players... but they don't make the team noticeably better either when they are in the lineup.

Duclair I view as several tiers above those types of players. I think Duclair is a top 6 talent and would be a solid addition to the Oilers roster.

This. The only reason his name is made to sound like a big deal is because he plays/played for the Leaves. Any other team, media wouldnt gaf about him.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The question is whether we can afford OEL at 5.5M next year. Extending OEL to 8M is not a problem as we can trade Sekera and Russell when the time comes and the cap looking like 80M

I don't think moving Sekerea and Russell is as easy as you think. And that's also assuming OEL would want to even stay.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'd have to think long and hard about that. Sending a young and cheap D like Klef away for a guy who we might not even be able to keep in a year seems risky as hell to me.

I'm sure that Chia will have a general idea if he has a good chance to sign OEL if he's dealing Klefbom. I know that everybody hates him now but he's not THAT dumb to deal Klefbom if there's a big risk that OEL doesn't sign here.

If he does think that he can sign OEL then it's a no brainer IMO and add if need be. They would have to move some salary around in the offseason to fit in his salary for next year but you do what needs to be done to fit in a top 10-15 Dman.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't think moving Sekerea and Russell is as easy as you think. And that's also assuming OEL would want to even stay.

Eh, I think we could move Sekera pretty easily if we wanted to. We're stuck with Russell for next season though.

In any case I think Klef for OEL as a base is a pretty big gamble for us given contract status. Maybe if we could do it straight up but Arizona would want Klef + 1st ++

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'm sure that Chia will have a general idea if he has a good chance to sign OEL if he's dealing Klefbom. I know that everybody hates him now but he's not THAT dumb. If he does think that he can sign OEL then it's a no brainer IMO and add if need be.

I think he's that dumb.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Eh, I think we could move Sekera pretty easily if we wanted to. We're stuck with Russell for next season though.

In any case I think Klef for OEL as a base is a pretty big gamble for us given contract status. Maybe if we could do it straight up but Arizona would want Klef + 1st ++

It's not if "we" want to. It's if he wants to.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

If Klef is going the other way, might as well wait until the offseason. Klef straight up for OEL. 5 years vs 1 year. It evens out

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Klef is going nowhere.... talk about selling low on the guy. He's in a funk - was awesome last year and will get back there. Who knows why his play is down, but he'll be OK. Last thing this team can do is trade a young and cost controlled DMan from a perilously thin group of capable DMen... When Sekera comes back, suddenly everything will get better. Just watch.

Until then, I'd like to see Chia pick up a winger with some skill and drive for the bottom 6. Use the 2nd and C Jones as trade bait. Need to upgrade pretty much ALL bottom 6 players save for Kassian who does his job. The rest suck.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The pitchforks and torches coming out for struggling players highlights the worst portion of this fanbase. Angstier than a teenager and as logical as a 2 year old.

Down seasons happen for good players. Down periods happen for decent teams. ~20 games isn't the be-all sample for any player or team, just like ~100 games played last year didn't tell you the whole story about the Oilers.

The Oilers were bad against the East last year as well, which means we had some players exposed and struggling. What didn't happen is we did not play that conference more than twice as often as we played our own for 6 weeks of the season. Since nothing of note is likely to happen over the next two months, we may as well wait and see what happens for the team (particularly offensively) when we're playing groups that aren't built for the quicker Eastern game.

Something tells me there will be more passing lanes, more seams, more cycles against teams that need to be play heavier.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
ONLY way I trade Klef is in a package for OEL. Otherwise I hold onto him

Klefbom + Yammamto + 1st + 2nd for 1.5 years of OEL who imo would easily resign here.
I think Chayka would be looking for an offer similar to this IF OEL wants out.

Could trade Rusell later on to make cap work.

OEL - Larsson would be an orgasmic top pairing

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Soshnikov called up to the Leafs today. Leivo watch is on. They sent down Freddy Gauthier but I'd still keep an eye on them.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

Klefbom + Yammamto + 1st + 2nd for 1.5 years of OEL who imo would easily resign here.

Way too much from Edmonton.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

See, I think this would be completely crazy.

You are gambling the entire future of the franchise on your assurance that OEL would 'imo easily resign here.'

If he's the target you have to get him for far less(understandably not happening) or wait for the summer when you can talk extension before finalizing anything.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not a chance I trade that much for OEL

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

That's a king's ransom to give up even if he does sign here/we can afford it.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
the leafs know Leivo wont clear and they are restricting his games played so he wont be a UFA after this year--this has been beaten to death
He NEEDS to play 41 games this year to be an RFA. If he doesn't, he'll be a UFA. It's the same reason Pitlick was a UFA this summer.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
OEL is an elite dman. Put him on this team he gets 70 points a season while being a rock in his own zone.

Klefbom + recent 1st rounder + 1st rounder (assuming 15-31 range) + 2nd is hardly a king's ransom.

Also this is basically with 95% certainty he would resign. Which again im sure he would with the opportunity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad