Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
White on line 2 would not be a good choice there. White is not 2nd line material. I would rather keep Ennis there until we get a better player. I hope Zaitsev gets traded at the TDL.

Unfortunately Ennis types have been better than our $5.25 option.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Debatable.

As a Senator Ennis has produced at a 40-50P pace while playing mainly in the bottom 6.

White hasn't been able to pace for over 40P unless he's centering Stone all year.

White is more responsible defensively but less effective offensively.

Overall I think they are pretty similar quality players. Not top 6ers but decent 3rd line guys.

Neither are ideal 3rd liners - but I agree with your points on Ennis.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

dorion about to do something dumb. wonder who he plans on bringing in.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

dorion about to do something dumb. wonder who he plans on bringing in.

The Sens have 11 UFAs in their org that they could move although I'm sure they will re-sign one or two. They should be calling & Dorion should be listening.

Reactions: NB613

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Dorion's job is hard to mess up.
Shed the UFAs who have no future on this team for literally anything.
If possible acquire a solid veteran F who could play top-6 minutes from a team up against the cap.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Goners: Tierney, Sanford, Gambrell, Ennis, Bishop, Josh Brown, Mete
Re-sign: Paul, Gaudette, Norris, Formenton, Brannstrom

I would keep ennis because he can still play and based off everything i have seen through the media he has kind of emerged as a leader for the team. As a 12/13 forward though.

besides that I agree with you

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I would keep ennis because he can still play and based off everything i have seen through the media he has kind of emerged as a leader for the team. As a 12/13 forward though.

besides that I agree with you
So would I. He can still produce offensively, and has earned at least the 13F spot imho. And, at a league minimum salary, that's decent production and value for the money.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think Gambrell they will try to bring Gambrell back. He may not be an everyday NHLer, but he can pretty reliably play a defensive + PK role. Good player to have to be able to plug into the lineup... if we had 4 healthy & reliable C from the start of the season, we might still be in the playoff picture. Only reason he might not be back is that I dont think we will QO him at his current rate.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Funny thing is dadanov is like the perfect target haha. RW. One year left. We could probably get a draft pick back from vegas for taking him. Decent two way winger for stutzle. And so on

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Agree about keeping Gambrell (assuming cheap deal). He's decent on the PK and 4th line. I also like the way Ennis competes and would bring him back on a vet min type of contract.

Reactions: NB613 and Deku

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Only way I am keeping Gambrell is on a 2 way contract. I prefer Kastelic than him on the 4C.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Stutzle-UFA/Trade
Gaudette-Pinto-Brown
Paul-Kastelic/White-Watson
Ennis

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Agree about keeping Gambrell (assuming cheap deal). He's decent on the PK and 4th line. I also like the way Ennis competes and would bring him back on a vet min type of contract.
He can be qualified at 1M on a two way. Good depth and he has zero leverage.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Funny thing is dadanov is like the perfect target haha. RW. One year left. We could probably get a draft pick back from vegas for taking him. Decent two way winger for stutzle. And so on

Dadonov is a two-way winger??

I think we can do better with 8.5m for the next ~120 games than Dadonov.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Smart time to move Paul is now. Opens up money. I’d honestly move Brown as well, open up another bit of money. Teams will pay up for him, opens up another chunk of money, has 1 year left and will be looking for an increase that the team can’t afford to take on for what will be a secondary, bottom 6 piece.

In no way do I think Brown is being shopped, but I think it would be a good idea. The money will be an issue moving forward, he’ll be a 29 year old UFA, and he’ll be looking at more than the 4 million he’s being paid this and next year.

Great players to have in your bottom 6, not great for a budget team with impending big contracts to big players.

The core for this team when contending, to me, is:

Stutzle
Tkachuk
Norris
Batherson
Pinto
Formenton

Chabot
Sanderson
Zub

I don’t think Brown or Paul will core members while the teams competing. They need to aggressively add a top 6 winger, and a top 4 D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Wouldn’t mind using our cap space as a “weapon” to get a top 6 forward from Vegas since they need to shed some space for Eichel.

Vegas won't need to worry about that till the off season, I think they hold Eichel out till the playoffs. There is really no rush to get him on the roster, they will make the off season easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad