Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Roster player like Jost is probably off limits but looking at Coleman's return I'd look at a 1st plus maybe Alex Newhook for Pageau and knowing Dorion a 3rd
First jost now newhook. Call me crazy. Say I don’t know the value jost has. But this is getting out of hand.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So many avs fans, both on the main board and their own, are willing to deal Jost+ for Pageau. Maybe we add hainsey as they have ample amount of cap space.

But it's definitely possible. So not sure why you seem to think otherwise.
If we get something of jost value. I don’t know what I’ll do but I’ll do something

Reactions: TkachukNorris79
Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
One of Tierney or Pageau will be moved. My preference would be to keep Pageau so long as the deal is 4 years or less.

In unrelated news - Josh Norris scored AGAIN today.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I dont get the full on hate with Tierney

he is a third line forward, if he gets resigned to a third line player's salary i think its fine keeping him since depending on the players we trade i do not want us promoting 6 guys next year (just a number i picked but yeah)

if we could get a 2nd for tierney or more we should take that. Since if we let him go the offer sheet route we would most likely get a 2nd as compensation

$2,113,717-$4,227,437: 2nd

if we get offered less let him go to rfa. If he has no interest in him via offer sheet he would most likely sign for cheaper then his current salary
What? Do you mean let him go UFA and sign him for less? You can't "let him go RFA" and sign him cheaper. That's not how QOs work.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's either Pageau, White or Tierney going forward. Don't need all 3

Pageau will be more expensive, White will need to rebound and gain a lot more strength

White contract also means that they won't keep all 3. Maybe should have given that money to Pageau and trade White but based on last season, I can understand what happened.

Either way, I don't see a long term for Tierney. Even Pinto could be a more ideal 3rd line center and will be cost controlled for a while

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If we can't get a first for Pageau I'm all for trading him for a good prospect who might be able to be a part of any future team. Or we could also trade that prospect/player in future for something if he isn't in their future plans.

I don't think it comes down to either Pageau or Tierny this yr, I think it comes down to trading Pageau this yr & Tierny next yr. Given Ottawa has three good top 9 young centres coming in L. Brown, Norris & White there is no need to keep either Pageau or Tierny & I expect that White will be a much better player next season. If they are lucky enough to draft Byfield there is another guy who could be a future centre, although my guess is that he starts his NHL career at LW.

Ottawa also has Anisimov who can play centre next season, Paul can play centre, he & Tkachuk are both now taking faceoffs & Chlapik can also play centre if need be. There is no shortage of centres & who expects Pageau to be better next season & should he be part of Ottawa's top six at centre? I think they need to move him now because it could be harder later than it is now when so many are not paying attention to the Sens right now.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Another small skilled player that so many were so high on in his draft yr when he went 10th overall, now isn't very valuable .... hummm?
I mean, you can also list all the big players that were valued high in their draft year that are not very valuable now. McLeod is big and went 2 spots after Jost and is looking worse.

The size of Jost has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Twice and added an assist. He’s an elite prospect at this point
17 points in his last 10 games. Kids a rising star and I hope his game translates. I think the team gives him at least a few games at the end of the season as a reward and he might be our answer to #2 center.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I mean, you can also list all the big players that were valued high in their draft year that are not very valuable now. McLeod is big and went 2 spots after Jost and is looking worse.

The size of Jost has absolutely nothing to do with it.

It's not the size of the Jost, it's the Jost in the size

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Surprised Toffoli got a 2nd and Madden. One or the other would be fair value, not both.

Pageau is producing more and is the far superior two-way player, playing the more important position. He should be able to return more.

A 1st is not looking like an unreasonable ask given what other middle 6 guys are going for. Definitely looks like a seller's market, which makes sense given how little actual difference makers are available this year.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Pageau should return more than Toffoli, especially since we won't be dumping salary (knock on wood)

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Surprised Toffoli got a 2nd and Madden. One or the other would be fair value, not both.

Pageau is producing more and is the far superior two-way player, playing the more important position. He should be able to return more.

A 1st is not looking like an unreasonable ask given what other middle 6 guys are going for. Definitely looks like a seller's market, which makes sense given how little actual difference makers are available this year.
The Sens might also retain salary which would offer potential buyers a more favorable cap hit. The Kings didn't retain any salary in the Toffoli deal. If the Sens retain salary on Pageau that should help increase his trade value.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The Sens might also retain salary which would offer potential buyers a more favorable cap hit. The Kings didn't retain any salary in the Toffoli deal. If the Sens retain salary on Pageau that should help increase his trade value.
The Kings took back Schaller as the contract dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad