Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft day edition: Pt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
But I doubt they were like "yeah and get rid of Panarin he sucks".

Would feel ****** reading this if I were Panarin.

Maybe its about the teammate. Maybe Saad is the guy you want to go to war with, and Panarin is someone they don't click with off the ice.

I'll say this too. I feel confident that Panarin will be lost without Kane.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Saad was very important to the Cup winning Hawks team. He is able to play on a two-way line with Toews.

People write the Hawks off every year and it never happens. As long as Keith/Toews/Kane remain elite, they will be a threat.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
McCanovin said:
Trading RNH+ for Hanifin would be like trading Johansen for Jones. Works out for both teams
Based on numbers & the eye test Jones seemed poised to break out in a big way. Hanifin while a great prospect that I definitely would part with RNH for, isn't all that close to being a dominant force out there, he is getting beat up out there for the most part which is a common trend for most young d-men. On a good squad Hanifin would be a 3rd pairing defender, he will be moving up the ranks in the future obviously, but as a player right now that is where he is at.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
"RNH and Pouliot (2M retained) for Barrie and Soderberg (2M retained)

I don't know if I'd do that deal but it makes some sense looking at our roster. Hamonic and his sweet deal would look a lot better on the backend considering the Russell signing."

.... Definitely a good deal... Barrie is >>> over RNH and Soderberg is > Pouliot as well. Even if Pouliot rebounds to equal Soderberg... the gap between Barrie and RNH easily covers that.

You make that trade anytime. Even if Oilers have to throw in a pick.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Based on numbers & the eye test Jones seemed poised to break out in a big way. Hanifin while a great prospect that I definitely would part with RNH for, isn't all that close to being a dominant force out there, he is getting beat up out there for the most part which is a common trend for most young d-men. On a good squad Hanifin would be a 3rd pairing defender, he will be moving up the ranks in the future obviously, but as a player right now that is where he is at.

It would make more sense though because I don't think RNH currently is as good as Johansen was when he was traded.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

You can also make a comparison where Johansen at the time of the trade was also better than RNH is now. RNH's value is not what it once was. Getting Hanifin for RNH+ is a robbery and something we should thank the hockey gods for.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
lol right

check out the team he assembled :laugh:

with all his shrewd moves, they were worse last year

Eh, it's not like he was trying to win last year. He took on some salary and got some real good prospects in return. Who cares if they sucked last year? They have some very good pieces for the future. Getting Keller + Chychrun in the 1st round last year was amazing. And now they secured one of the best defensive defensemen in the league that'll likely form one of the best pairings in the league with OEL.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Darren Dreger‏Verified account @DarrenDreger 35s36 seconds ago
More
Sounds like another big Arizona trade is in works. Raanta and Stepan likely to Coyotes. 7th overall could be part of it and DeAngelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad