Trade Rumors and Proposals XII : Someday, we'll pass BabeWatch's numerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Well,

Eller is our 3rd line center or perhaps our left winger on our 2nd line.

He is important to our team as we hope he will perform again in the playoffs. Unless Bergevin gets a player that is young, not a rental, and signed for a few years he won't be traded.

If Bergevin wants to trade west I can see these players:

Mikael Boedker, left wing, Arizona (if ready to play after the surgery)
Dwight King, left wing, Los Angeles
Brandon Saad, left wing, Chicago (one can dream) or Andrew Shaw, Chicago, center
Ryan O'Reilly, center, Colorado

Eastern teams:

Mike Hoffman, left wing, Ottawa (good offense, but body too lean?)
Nazem Kadri, center, Toronto (less stong physically, but better offense, attitude?)
Jeff Skinner, left wing, Carolina (take a chance that he will rebound)
Josh Bailey, left wing, New York Islanders
Derek Stepan, center, New York Rangers

There are some options but honestly nothing amazing. Maybe a good prospect not yet playing in the NHL would give a better trade value.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
I think if MB did a trade train starting with Eller, we could get Crosby for him. You know trade Eller for A, trade A for B and so on and so forth.

You mean the paperclip to a house in moosejaw or something like that?

Naw, you couldn't get a return better than DD, after all he's a 1st liner ya know

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
of all the players I listed above, Ryan O'Reilly seems the most likely candidate.

GallySquared

GoHabsGo
Sep 25, 2010
Canada
AsheyMarahArt.com
I for one would love Marleau (as someone said in the last thread) however, he is getting up there in age....also signed for 6.77 M til 2017 which he'll be 38

I really wanted Sharp or someone like Simmonds... dreaming I know.
Knowing MB it will be some random player that no one saw us scouting, ala DSP. So let's go with someone like a Sedin.

Last edited:

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Does Edmonton do anything of note at the deadline other than move Petry? Or are they convinced that their young core can finally get over the hump?

McTavish has to know he will never land choice free agents. If he wants to add veteran experience with talent, he needs to trade. I am sure they have received many calls about Hall, Eberle and Yakupov, but I have trouble gauging how serious they are about potentially moving some of these guys.

I think Eberle could really provide some offensive balance so teams could not key on Pacioretty. Eberle's defensive commitment is improving and I think he would relish playing in a big market. Cost would be high, but we have some defensive pieces they may like. MacT likes Emelin and they also would probably want Tinordi as part of a deal. One of our top 6 forwards would also have to go.

What would be the cost for Eberle?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Does Edmonton do anything of note at the deadline other than move Petry? Or are they convinced that their young core can finally get over the hump?

McTavish has to know he will never land choice free agents. If he wants to add veteran experience with talent, he needs to trade. I am sure they have received many calls about Hall, Eberle and Yakupov, but I have trouble gauging how serious they are about potentially moving some of these guys.

I think Eberle could really provide some offensive balance so teams could not key on Pacioretty. Eberle's defensive commitment is improving and I think he would relish playing in a big market. Cost would be high, but we have some defensive pieces they may like. MacT likes Emelin and they also would probably want Tinordi as part of a deal. One of our top 6 forwards would also have to go.

What would be the cost for Eberle?

Emelin Eller 2015 1st and 2016 2nd for Eberle & Petry

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Marleau isnt coming here. He has a ntc and told sj at the beginning of the year he does not want to leave. Same with Thornton.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'm thinking the Habs might pick up Matt Calvert to shore up the offence a little. He's not a big time scorer, but he's a very intelligent hockey player and would fit in really well alongside Eller on the 3rd line. He lacks size (5'11), but he plays hard and is good defensively. He's an RFA after this year. Lawless reported the cost as being 2nd + depth forward. Kind of a Matt Read, or a refined C.Thomas, type of player that provides secondary scoring and good versatility.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Desharnais-DSP
Calvert-Eller-Weise
Prust-DLR-Bournival

I dunno, it's something like this, adding a lame defenceman, or the Habs go after something big like O'Rielly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad