Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXV: It's a Marty Party [*Mod Warning post #132]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Please. Can we stop offering the future for the old man already. Are we willing to offer so much for a soon to be 39 year old. I don't care what kind of numbers he is putting up right now.

who is the "future" there? a future draft pick?

Does Kristo have a spot with Nash and Zucc on the team? is he a 3rd line guy?.. and if he is, why aren't we willing to include a 3rd line guy for him?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Please. Can we stop offering the future for the old man already. Are we willing to offer so much for a soon to be 39 year old. I don't care what kind of numbers he is putting up right now.

Didn't realize Kristo was the future. If he is "the future" then our outlook is bleak

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol

I wasn't aware that a 23-year-old AHL player (who is decent and makes me think he can have a Matty Moulson-type trajectory - but has a big climb to make the Rangers in his role) and a late first was "the future," I can't believe we got rid of literally everything else.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Idk they also tweeted a picture of Kristo doing an interview and he was in shorts and tshirt like workout gear, so idk maybe the flu?

Definitely not the flu if he's in shorts, not proper flu attire...now if he were in his jammies I'd be more apt to think flu. ..

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Two things going down told Sather prepared to go late into the nigh with a offer for cally. And there is two major trades in the works. One with east coast time one Canadian

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
"The Sabres now possess 10 picks in the first two rounds of the 2014 and 2015 Drafts combined."

wut.

Gonna go out on a limb and say they're gonna be good in a few years.

Sounds a bit like the 76ers in the NBA. They have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds in 2014, with a lot of deals still coming.

SupersonicMonkey*

to NYR______________________________ to STL
Chris Stewart RW____________________ Ryan Callahan RW
Jordan Schmaltz RHD

to NYR______________________________ to COL
Jamie McGinn LW___________________ Anton Stralman RHD

to NYR______________________________ to SJS
Matt Tennyson RHD_________________ Danny Kristo RW

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
McGinn - Richards - Stewart
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - D.Moore - Boyle

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Tennyson
Moore - Klein

Lundqvist
Talbot

Weakest link would be Tennyson, but he can skate, has offensive upside, has reach, good size frame.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Two things going down told Sather prepared to go late into the nigh with a offer for cally. And there is two major trades in the works. One with east coast time one Canadian

Is it wrong that a part of me would be disappointed if he were to resign.... So conflicted

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So it's not with the other 30% of the league?

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY

I think the next thread title should reference Sather's evening plans...

"Glennie Burning The Midnight Oil", something along those lines...

Trojanman03

Oct 29, 2011
Is it wrong that a part of me would be disappointed if he were to resign.... So conflicted

I feel the same way only because of his contract. If he signs for a reasonable amount of years and money id love him to stay here.

SupersonicMonkey*

Dammit, Goon! Love the info when you supply it, thanks!

Hope Slats doesn't screw this up. Great deal for Girardi, keep the mojo going!

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Just ****ing go get Marty St. Louis. Give up Cally + Futures if need be. This team is in win now mode, just accept it. Plus with the way Marty St. Louis takes care of himself his age is really misleading. His physical tools will last way longer than most. It's not inconceivable that he'll be effective longer than Cally will even.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Melrose panned the Miller deal from Buffalo's perspective. He said it's like being a kid expecting a bike on Christmas and instead you get a pack of socks. What a ****ing idiot. "This was supposed to be the move that set the team up for the next ten years." Really?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Just ****ing go get Marty St. Louis. Give up Cally + Futures if need be. This team is in win now mode, just accept it. Plus with the way Marty St. Louis takes care of himself his age is really misleading. His physical tools will last way longer than most. It's not inconceivable that he'll be effective longer than Cally will even.

Kel, you and I don;t usually agree but 100% this.

MSL has missed 7 games since 2002-2003. SEVEN GAMES......hold on...one more time...SEVEN GAMES.

Art Ross winner last year. He has 59 points in 58 games this year. And were worried about futures? Who? Kristo? Fast? Good prospects, yes. World beaters, no.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
who is the "future" there? a future draft pick?

Does Kristo have a spot with Nash and Zucc on the team? is he a 3rd line guy?.. and if he is, why aren't we willing to include a 3rd line guy for him?
Yes. Giving away a first for a 39 year old? Also the fact you might be able to get a first for cally if you send him somewhere else. So in theory you are losing 2 first picks for a guy who might only play 1 more season for you. Who cares about Kristo.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
The way Brooks is portraying things is certainly changing. His latest:

That leaves Ryan Callahan for general manager Glen Sather as the Blueshirts attempt to nail down their captain to an extension that would keep him in a Rangers uniform beyond this season and, more immediately, off the rental market preceding Wednesday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline.
The gap remains substantial between the parties, with Callahan still asking for seven years at more than $6.5 million per and the Rangers offering five years at $6 million a year, a difference of more than $15 million. The Blueshirts, however, are believed to be willing to add a season at their number in order to close the deal.
If Callahan continues to insist on seven years (and/or appreciably more than $6 million per), the Rangers would trade the winger as a rental. Tampa Bay would be a viable destination in a swap for Martin St. Louis, the Blueshirts likely adding a sweetener to the pot if necessary to bring the reigning Art Ross Trophy winner to New York.
The preference, though, is to keep Callahan, just as all along it was to keep Girardi, who was able to get a full no-movement clause for the first three years of his deal and a limited no-trade clause for the final three years of the contract.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/28/girardi-rangers-agree-on-six-year-extension-worth- 33m/

This sounds like a summary of the last 1000 posts on the subject, way to get the scoop Booksie.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What is this obsession with St. Louis? We need to build towards the future. Get some prospects who we can use for years to come rather than trading our captain for a 40-year old player.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers have $26.5M invested long-term in Lundqvist,McDonagh,Girardi and Nash. $3.8M of the $6M-$7M cap incase is going to Lundqvist and Girardi. If Callahan re-signs,the rest will go to him. Status quo. They have a boatload of players to re-sign. Arbitration with Brassard,Zuccarello and Kreider. The first two are one year away from group III. McDonagh's cap hit went up by $3.4M. How will this team get better? The Rangers will need the cap increases to keep their players. In 2015,its group III for Staal. Group II with arbitration rights for Stepan and Hagelin. Staal will cost them $6M. They still need any offense from the backend. They need more size up front. They need more goal scoring. They will have no money to fill those needs and their prospect list isn't exactly full of players ready to be impact players in the next year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad