Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXI Stayin in the Laine

Trade Domi for Laine straight up - do you do it? Assume contract agreement with Laine is in-place

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Why waste a pick on a 7th d-man once again

lets trade for another reilly or folin

woohoo
Kind of harsh to call a recent lottery pick D trash, when he hasn't been able to crack a d lineup better than ours. He really hasn't had a chance yet to break into the lineup, because of heiskanen and lindell. I'm not saying trade the farm for him, but I'd trade a guy from the farm for him. I'm really worried about our PP and our lack of offensive D.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Kind of harsh to call a recent lottery pick D trash, when he hasn't been able to crack a d lineup better than ours. He really hasn't had a chance yet to break into the lineup, because of heiskanen and lindell. I'm not saying trade the farm for him, but I'd trade a guy from the farm for him. I'm really worried about our PP and our lack of offensive D.

Hes turning 24 in december , lottery pick or not , dont mean anything at this point.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Hes turning 24 in december , lottery pick or not , dont mean anything at this point.
He's one draft class older than Juulsen, who hasn't had a chance to fully develop yet. dmen take longer.

Look , is he perfect, of course not. He'd be a part their top 4 is he were. But our D really is that bad. Our PP really is that bad. No one wants to play for us. Free agency has shown us that. Trading for a real top 4 d who could play PP1 would take big assets we're not willing to move at this point.
1-We can take lowrisk shots like this.
2- We can take an expensive cap dump d from a cap team. Just not one with more than a year term imo.
3-we can offer sheet an rfa d like provorov (edit, he just signed) , and give up multiple 1st. I think macavoy was not offer-sheet eligible.
4- we can see what D-deep team waives a guy who can play top 4 for us .

But we're running out of options here.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He's one draft class older than Juulsen, who hasn't had a chance to fully develop yet. dmen take longer.

Look , is he perfect, of course not. He'd be a part their top 4 is he were. But our D really is that bad. Our PP really is that bad. No one wants to play for us. Free agency has shown us that. Trading for a real top 4 d who could play PP1 would take big assets we're not willing to move at this point.
1-We can take lowrisk shots like this.
2- We can take an expensive cap dump d from a cap team. Just not one with more than a year term imo.
3-we can offer sheet an rfa d like provorov (edit, he just signed) , and give up multiple 1st. I think macavoy was not offer-sheet eligible.
4- we can see what D-deep team waives a guy who can play top 4 for us .

But we're running out of options here.
We say the same thing every years about taking a low risk. Honka is not even good offensively. Why in hell would he help in the pp. At this point play juulsen in the pp

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Honka isn't an NHL player for Dallas.

...He thinks the game far too slowly (which is something I don't think will be fixed by a trade). There's a reason even when we were 11-12 defenders deep earlier this season, Honka STILL wasn't getting any playing time. ...Too much hesitation in his game.

Not really "news" Dallas has been trying to trade him for 6 months.

Y0qHkfi.gif

Reactions: Frozenice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can't see why we have interest in Honka

Other than the fact that he was supposed to have offensive abilities, is a good skater and is a Finn, his game has stagnated severely in the past 3 years.

He wants to be a regular when it looks like he might best be served playing in the AHL full time.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Honka makes sense because we need a bottom pairing RHD if Juulsen is injured again. Folin shouldn't be a regular.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bummer! Better ask for a pick upgrade with Honka if we're the dumpster then. Honka + 3rd for Trash + Panther's 5th :naughty:

Seen a poster on the Dallas forum say how he'd settle for a 4th rounder. Didn't get any pushback, FWIW.

I think they'll take what they can get at this point, the player's value is severely depressed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just posting this for its comedic aspect. Best twitter comebackers to a faux insider:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anointing yourself "NHL Source" does sound like someone who's trying wayyyy too hard.

(Still... getting Laine would be so cool!)

Another kid zapping zits in his parents's basement, probably. :D

I think Laine is as good as gone and we need to be on it.

Interesting debate yesterday on AC, where Danny Dubé was arguing against acquiring Laine since he doesn't believe the player's character is going to change. Says he has a problem attitude and will be asking for a large deal -- why would Bergevin go and acquire a player like that when he's been trying to weed out players with a poor work ethic / attitude.

My answer to that -- do the deal but make sure one of our poor work ethic/ enigmatic guys goes the other way. Basically, make Drouin part of the deal. It'll take more than that obviously but he would have to be one of the players in a package.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gost has been rumoured to be dealt for a while. Now that Provorov is signed I wonder if we'll see him moved.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Other than the fact that he was supposed to have offensive abilities, is a good skater and is a Finn, his game has stagnated severely in the past 3 years.

He wants to be a regular when it looks like he might best be served playing in the AHL full time.
Who would he bump for ice time? We have no openings on right side

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Anointing yourself "NHL Source" does sound like someone who's trying wayyyy too hard.

(Still... getting Laine would be so cool!)
It's an intriguing situation because unless Marner and Nylander, Winnipeg have two top RFAs up at the same time and cant afford to go into the season with 1/3 of their top 6 not there.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Seen a poster on the Dallas forum say how he'd settle for a 4th rounder. Didn't get any pushback, FWIW.

I think they'll take what they can get at this point, the player's value is severely depressed.

Honestly, Leskinen is probably better than Honka. If we are desperate to add an offensive dman with defensive question marks, then why pay anything at all for Honka and instead, just promote Leskinen for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad