Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread- Start of a New Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Iginla is still a 30 goal scorer in this league and would fill that top 6 RW spot...

Only problem is he's signed through next season at 5.33. But if he's still scoring 30 goals, that's ok.

I'd be willing to move someone like DLR.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I've wanted Iginla for years and would take him in a second for the right price. He'd put this lineup over the top and add some much needed size and muscle to our soft playoff top 6.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Iginla
Eller - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Fleischman - Desharnais - Weise
Byron - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Gilbert

Price
Condon

That's an amazing looking lineup. Deep everywhere.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I have been saying Iginla is exactly what this team needs for a while now...would love to bring him his first cup in a Habs jersey!

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Iginla
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Fleischmann-Desharnais-Weise

That's a cup worthy top 9.

I would move JDLR, Gilbert(cap dump) and a 2nd for Iginla no questions asked.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
We have everything to get this deal done. Go MB! Iginla would be a perfect fit, tough, leadership, goal-scorer, proven winner!!!

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's not quite what he used to be but Iggy is still a producing vet with a solid reputation across the league. He could bring us that little extra playoff mojo that would take us to the next level .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't see Bergevin buying into Iginla with another year at 5.3M left on his deal unless the Avs retain salary and take on offsets. He's an option but there may be more bang for the buck to be had depending on which team becomes a seller by the deadline.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think that in years where you're firing on all cylinders, you have the best goalie in the world, scoring on all lines and depth that we haven't had in YEARS, over $2.6M in cap space, a full cupboard of prospects and picks and a 2 year window to win, that now is the time to strike and that anything is possible trade wise and to expect a big acquisition or two at the deadline to get us over the hump and into the Cup finals.

I think if nothing is done, that would be a huge surprise and not vice versa. The time is now and I expect us to over pay this time around to get the players we target.

oohhkev

Jun 26, 2006
read somewhere that after his stint in boston iginla couldnt see himself playing for the habs so he chose to go west. dont know about you guys but i want players who are starving to win the cup here, not just willing to pot in a few for a nice salary..

id love to know why berg keeps passing on jagr time and again. that guy would most definitely boost us during the playoffs

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
read somewhere that after his stint in boston iginla couldnt see himself playing for the habs so he chose to go west. dont know about you guys but i want players who are starving to win the cup here, not just willing to pot in a few for a nice salary..

id love to know why berg keeps passing on jagr time and again. that guy would most definitely boost us during the playoffs

Dreams of a Cup can always change someones mind

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Iggy would be best. Big RW that shoots and scores a lot. He's also hungry to win.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I think that in years where you're firing on all cylinders, you have the best goalie in the world, scoring on all lines and depth that we haven't had in YEARS, over $2.6M in cap space, a full cupboard of prospects and picks and a 2 year window to win, that now is the time to strike and that anything is possible trade wise and to expect a big acquisition or two at the deadline to get us over the hump and into the Cup finals.

I think if nothing is done, that would be a huge surprise and not vice versa. The time is now and I expect us to over pay this time around to get the players we target.

We also have a spare second round pick this year. I would be very surprised if at the very least one of our top 60 picks weren't moved.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I have been saying Iginla is exactly what this team needs for a while now...would love to bring him his first cup in a Habs jersey!

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Iginla
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Fleischmann-Desharnais-Weise

That's a cup worthy top 9.

I would move JDLR, Gilbert(cap dump) and a 2nd for Iginla no questions asked.

Not sure why we'd screw with a top line that's so productive. Iggy should be with Chucky.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Iggy wouldn't cost as much as everybody here thinks. I'm going to assume it would cost a second and a B-Level prospect like Ghetto, DLR, or Reway.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Eller - Galchenyuk - Iginla

Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise

Flynn - Mitchell - Smith Pelley

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Iggy wouldn't cost as much as everybody here thinks. I'm going to assume it would cost a second and a B-Level prospect like Ghetto, DLR, or Reway.

Don't forget Semin and Kassian

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

If that was the asking price, he'd have been traded already. He's going to go for a lot more than that at the deadline to a desperate playoff team who needs a RW with experience and want to make a long run at the Cup i.e. Habs.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If that was the asking price, he'd have been traded already. He's going to go for a lot more than that at the deadline to a desperate playoff team who needs a RW with experience and want to make a long run at the Cup i.e. Habs.

I'm sure there's ongoing negotiations. In my mind he'll get a low first and a B prospect, or a low second and an A prospect. He's not a star any more. He's a very solid top sixer at the end of his career.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I truly don't think that Iginla fits our playstyle here, I'm not sure why everyone suddenly hopped on the hype train after that one rumour that was floated around by a (according to Avs fans) less than reputable source.

Whilst I fully agree MTL needs a Top 6 winger, I just don't think that Iginla is the type of player that "fits" our system. Like we were all saying yesterday, we need someone like Hudler, Boedker, or even Stempniak to truly fit into our mold as a system. Iginla's playstyle is far too "western" centered for him to be truly successful in our system. We revolve around speed, that's something that Iginla is lacking at this point in his career.

You might say that he was successful in Pittsburgh and Boston, but truthfully Pittsburgh plays a possession system over more of a speed system (IMO), and Boston plays a system you all know full and well.

I'm honestly hoping that Bergevin doesn't go for a player like Iginla, and I truthfully don't think he will be, but there's obviously a good chance I'm wrong, just my opinion. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad