Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XII (Deadline Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Funny enough, I think Toronto would benefit from a guy like DLo. There is so much potential for them to get bullied in the playoffs. Heck, we did it to them last night.
My philosophy is to listen to offers, so if someone offers a 2nd for Deslauriers, I take it and run.

Reactions: cphabs

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
My philosophy is to listen to offers, so if someone offers a 2nd for Deslauriers, I take it and run.

I'd take a 3rd or 4th for D.Lo just to open up the roster spot for a more productive asset. We have enough guys willing to bang bodies that we don't need our 4th line to be pure grit. Add a player like Kreider, Simmonds or Zucker and completely replace our 4th line imo.

-------

We should keep our 1st and draft Ryan Suzuki, right? Would make Poehling expendable for a defenseman, and would allow us to run X/Ryan/Nick as a line; be our own version of the Sedins :naughty:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Am I the only one that hopes that Bergevin does nothing??? I don't really trust him and the team is not at point to go far in the playoffs as last nights game showed. So many young bright spots that I hope he does not make a mistake and make trade that he should not.

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
Am I the only one that hopes that Bergevin does nothing??? I don't really trust him and the team is not at point to go far in the playoffs as last nights game showed. So many young bright spots that I hope he does not make a mistake and make trade that he should not.
Same.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

I'd like him to offload some players for picks, but I don't want him to be a buyer.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I am thinking strategic honestly. I am hoping MB is status quo for this year and next year.

I want off-season deals like acquiring Callahan, Marleau, etc... for picks/prospects as they have 1 year left on their deal. I'd like to trade them, weise and other vets with 'character' next TDL and double the returns.

In the meantime Suzuki, Poehling, Brook, etc... will be in AHL as we take our time we them.

Fast forward a year and we have continued to stockpile picks over and over and have a plethora of prospects. At this point the focus changes to getting progressively better and adding, using the trading chips we've gotten.

With our new wave of young talent(see above) being unable to be claimed for expansion in 2021-22 we further our advantage and open a window.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
With reduced expectations, I would not mind getting Kevin Hayes if the price is not too steep. He is UFA this summer, right? Just to help us get to the playoffs at least.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
With reduced expectations, I would not mind getting Kevin Hayes if the price is not too steep. He is UFA this summer, right? Just to help us get to the playoffs at least.

I'm under the belief this team does not need reinforcements to make the playoffs if they play like they should. If we lose our playoff spot I would go as far as saying it's best we didn't acquire someone because we had a good few points lead on the 9th place and blew it.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If you can get Stone, do so. If not, sell some assets. Dangle Petry, if you can get a Pacioretty like return for him, pull the trigger. Dangle Byron (he should've been traded already, IMO). Sell Benn and Hudon at any rate.

Hudon is a throw in. Look what Ottawa got for Dzingel. 2 2nd round picks and Duclair...an afterthought who would be given a chance.

Hudon is pretty much that right now.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'd take a 3rd or 4th for D.Lo just to open up the roster spot for a more productive asset. We have enough guys willing to bang bodies that we don't need our 4th line to be pure grit. Add a player like Kreider, Simmonds or Zucker and completely replace our 4th line imo.

-------

We should keep our 1st and draft Ryan Suzuki, right? Would make Poehling expendable for a defenseman, and would allow us to run X/Ryan/Nick as a line; be our own version of the Sedins :naughty:

If a team was offering a 3rd or 4th for Deslauriers, I’m pretty sure he would be gone already. He’s not worth that. He’s a 4th liner that’s looked barely NHL caliber all season.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

He already made it clear that he wouldnt pay a prime return for a rental so if he makes a deal it will be for a mid/long term solution.. As for not trusting MB with trades, hes been very good lately in that area so lets hope that the hot streak will contine if he ever pull the trigger.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Wild are apparently actively shopping Jason Zucker, think he would be a great fit in MTL can score 25-30 goals and plays the game ultra fast

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
id really like us to add something of substance by the end of tomorrow not a blockbuster but dont think id stand pat if i was berg at this point

Who would be your target, and more importantly, would it make us a cup contender?

Or rather, is it an asset that could potentially stick around long term like Petry? In which case, I might be down for it. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Are you kidding me?
Hell yeah for real.

The guy broke Tavares to Toronto this summer way before anybody.
He Broke Briere to MTL
He was first on Zuccarello last night before anyone.
He broke the Eberle trade too.

I might not trust on everything he says, but one thing for sure, when it comes to NYI, NYR, NJ, Philly and Pittsburgh....well everything in that area...he's ahead of the McKenzie, Dreger and all those name we trust.

Tavares to Toronto was a common thought for a few years.

Briere to Montreal was a common thought as soon as he waa bought out.

Zuc to Dallas was rumored up to 2 days ago.

If I had time to search far back enough I bet other legitimate sources had Eberle before him.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If you can get Stone, do so. If not, sell some assets. Dangle Petry, if you can get a Pacioretty like return for him, pull the trigger. Dangle Byron (he should've been traded already, IMO). Sell Benn and Hudon at any rate.
The return on Byron not resigned (1.17mil) would have been a Dzingel type return, but Bergevin loves signing players he should earlier than he should have.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Selling everything seems like a terrible option in my opinion. Bruins bounced back from mediocrity by drafting well. Pasta, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Krug and McAvoy are leading the team and none of them were top 10 picks.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Some teams are beefing up for the playoffs, some are already beefed up.

Set the habs fan aside and ask yourself realistically where we are going in these playoffs, if, we make it in.

There area literally so many teams that would just absolutley steam roll us inithe playoffs. Teams that the honest truth is, we can not beat in a seven game series 0% chance.

Just stand pat. Maybe offload a few players.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Selling everything seems like a terrible option in my opinion. Bruins bounced back from mediocrity by drafting well. Pasta, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Krug and McAvoy are leading the team and none of them were top 10 picks.

Yeah, but ''everything'' would be Tatar, Gallagher, Weber, Price, Petry. Petry's value may never be higher than it is now. But yeah if you're not getting a 1st+Suzuki type return forget it, wait another year at least.

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yeah, but ''everything'' would be Tatar, Gallagher, Weber, Price, Petry. Petry's value may never be higher than it is now. But yeah if you're not getting a 1st+Suzuki type return forget it, wait another year at least.
I see where both of you are coming from, but with the way Weber is playing... I wouldn't be comfortable trading Petry at all so I'd have to side with TGW here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland