HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Holloway and broberg are not signing for $1m. The will demote a Ryan and maybe trade a McLeod

Neither have done all the much to deserve more. Holloway only played 38 NHL games this year. Broberg 12. Both were regulars in the Finals, but definitely not throughout the playoffs.

One year, $1m is about what they should get.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
What about something around Anderson for Burakovsky?
Anderson needs a change of scenery, and Burakovsky is coming off an injury plagued season and has fallen out of favour a bit in Seattle.
Cap hit and term are even. We could probably add a mid round pick, i.e. one of our 3rd rounders
I like this idea. Who knows if Burakovsky would be any better, but might as well give it a shot.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I would've had no issue with him for a 1-year show-me deal or something, but...

This isn't the condition he'll be coming here.

More important, He looks completely donezo. Finitos. Over it. Done. Injuries.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I feel like there's a path to extract value from COL cap situation.
Team is up to cap limit and falls short of a full roster. Wish we could nab their 1st rounder.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
No. Not far enough in the rebuild for that type of transaction. Why toy with the team’s chemistry when it’s not necessary yet.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gallagher has gotten every single opportunity in the world to try and produce for the last handful of years. PP minutes, quality teammates, extra attacker mins, top 6 mins etc... you name it and he could barely produce.

His stats (abominable as it is) are inflated due to his preferential treatment. He's slow and can't keep up with plays, his offensive decision making is none existant, team worst +/-. He takes dumb penalties over and over without any repurcussions.

I'm not sure if he deserves to be in the lineup. All I see is someone who's hanging on due to favoritism by our coaching staff.

Fine, send him home. He either plays in AHL or he can stay home.

- Gallagher played 14:17 a game 2 years ago and 13:47 last year, both years these were near the very bottom of our forwards TOI.
- He spent most of last year with Evans, Dvorak, Armia, RHP and Anderson at ES and only finished the year with Newhook because like half of our forwards were hurt. The year before he spent most of his time with Dvorak, Dadonov, Evans and Hoffman.
- His PP minutes have gone way down, the only reason he still sees PP time is due to how weak our forwards have been. Even Tanner Pearson was on our PP last year it was that bad.

His contract sucks and he's not going anywhere with his NMC, but the last half of last year he actually played well and showed when he plays lower ice time he can help contribute.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He scores, is tough and will defend his teammates. We only have Wifi and he cant fight everybody
This is so true, that said he has been a nightmare everywhere he goes................way too much trouble.
What a player this guy could have been if he had his head in it.
I spoke with his Uncle several times, and he said the boy has been like this his whole life.
His Uncle said turning pro was a big thing, but the family knew it could be trouble...................

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
- Gallagher played 14:17 a game 2 years ago and 13:47 last year, both years these were near the very bottom of our forwards TOI.
- He spent most of last year with Evans, Dvorak, Armia, RHP and Anderson at ES and only finished the year with Newhook because like half of our forwards were hurt. The year before he spent most of his time with Dvorak, Dadonov, Evans and Hoffman.
- His PP minutes have gone way down, the only reason he still sees PP time is due to how weak our forwards have been. Even Tanner Pearson was on our PP last year it was that bad.

His contract sucks and he's not going anywhere with his NMC, but the last half of last year he actually played well and showed when he plays lower ice time he can help contribute.
Gally needs Newhook's speed. He looked much better with him than anyone in the last 3 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad