HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I need you to expand more please. How is moving the young 22 year old LHD an okay thing, but the 30 year old LHD is something we can't afford to lose as a rebuilding team? Is it because Matheson will help insulate our younger LHDs?......
Again. I’m not saying to trade Guhle. Just wanted to be clear. As for Matheson. Tell me, who in the organization is getting those points, playing like 28 minutes a night and can skate like him? There is no one that will do that combination of things yet. And I don’t think moving a young D for a young top 6 forward goes against the plan. They aren’t getting a top 6 without giving up quality. At least there are a lot of D who can come close to replacing Guhle. Maybe not just yet, but closer than trying to replace Matheson. Besides, they can draft a D at number 5 who might end up just as good if not better than Guhle. Buium, Parehk, Dickinson. I’m not saying to trade him. I’m just saying don’t be surprised and I think right now. Today. He’s more replaceable than Matheson. I saw someone compare this to the Droiun/Sergechev deal, and I don’t think that’s even close to this.

Reactions: Yoor and HabzSauce

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Who on the back end is getting those points? And don’t tell me one of the rookies with 2 games experience.
My god Matheson made a career high and he's not in our plan for the future. Im sure we can find someone else to make his 5 foot pass to Suzuki to get some secondary assists. We have Barron and I'm pretty sure Guhle can play on the point on the pp

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Who on the back end is getting those points? And don’t tell me one of the rookies with 2 games experience.
its all about the rebuild. what could they get for he long run to move him?

My god Matheson made a career high and he's not in our plan for the future. Im sure we can find someone else to make his 5 foot pass to Suzuki to get some secondary assists. We have Barron and I'm pretty sure Guhle can play on the point on the pp
thats the point!! he is not in the long term plans.
If they can gain youth for this dude, move his ace out of MTL

all winter 90% of posters were mad at him, now we can't move him???

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Winnipeg Jets in a tight spot and Rutger McGroarty adamantly refusing to sign with them, Kent Hughes could potentially acquire this young talent without having to sacrifice Mike Matheson.
In my opinion, Rutger McGroarty could be a major addition for years to come, having the potential to become a solid forward in the NHL. Possessing exceptional vision of the game and excellent skating, he could certainly be a prime option to occupy a position in Martin St-Louis' top-6.

this makes total sense does KH offer the peg #1 back??

McGroarty is worth more today than his previous draft slot (14th) considering his play last 2 seasons so 26th is a no. 26 and a 3rd pair guy (Harris-Barron) also a no.

Yes Wpg is « forced » to move him but Gauthier got Drysdale former 6th who got in the league right away + early 2nd.

You have the pieces to make a better offer.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Barron who can’t crack the lineup yet? Not to mention you’re making a young D 8 years younger.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

He still costs more in turnovers than in points

Barron who can’t crack the lineup yet? Not to mention you’re making a young D 8 years younger.
Who cares if someone is younger . Maheson will be gone in a year a half at best. You forget signing a veteran for a year is impossible.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Not sure if anyone's seen this but Hughes is very big on Matheson. I don't think it's just bluster to hype his trade value up.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Barron was sent to the AHL because he didn't have a free "chair" that would allow him to maximise his skill set. There was also too many young Dman on the team. The guy can play in the NHL and give him a role that build on his strenght and he'll do good.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Time for a bold move............Necas, Laine, etc
We have the pieces....turn up the volume, and start moving up in the standings.
Remember we are also adding Dach, and the team were in a ton of one goal games..............1-2 additions will make us so much more competative.

We have the pieces but people here clearly don't want to trade them.

Every team has a Harris and a Barron and those two are not worth shit.

If this management is as unwilling to dangle and semi-valuable piece as people on this board, you won't get a whole lot in this market with a rising cap (which means a lot more teams are in the mix to acquire valuable players).

It's like a never-ending circle. We want good pieces and expect other teams to take our garbage and give us first-tier assets. Not going to happen.

If people here are unwilling to trade an asset as soon as it turns out not being a complete pile of garbage (see Guhle), well let's just stop talking about any meaningful trade. Really.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
We have the pieces but people here clearly don't want to trade them.

Every team has a Harris and a Barron and those two are not worth shit.

If this management is as unwilling to dangle and semi-valuable piece as people on this board, you won't get a whole lot in this market with a rising cap (which means a lot more teams are in the mix to acquire valuable players).

It's like a never-ending circle. We want good pieces and expect other teams to take our garbage and give us first-tier assets. Not going to happen.
I would not say habs have garage to trade.
tons of picks, young D
sure Habs can't get Gretzey for this type of stuff. But no one seen the Dach trade either.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Than you trade him at the deadline once they figure out if any of the rookies can actually produce at this level. If you want to do better than 5th last, you can’t throw another young D into that mix.
He still costs more in turnovers than in points

Who cares if someone is younger . Maheson will be gone in a year a half at best. You forget signing a veteran for a year is impossible.
Making progress should be the goal at this point, no? You think another young D would help them improve in the standings? Let’s say for arguments sake they get Necas for Guhle. Necas produces as a top 6 forward and gets around 75 points. A safe bet. Matheson hits 60 ish. The Habs draft one of the top D at number 5. Then they trade Matheson at the deadline. I can see a better finish than 5th last, you get a legit top 6 forward and quite possibly draft an improvement on Guhle. Your D retains a vet while giving young guys more experience and you see what Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher can bring without rushing them.

Reactions: Yoor

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I think there is something to do with Barron and the 26. The question is more what other team offering and is it that much more. Barron address a need for them (RD and puck moving D).
Imo Barron + 26 could be of interest to SJ for 14 imo. Assuming none of the big 6 Ds are there, I think they might entertain moving back while acquiring a RHD who could step in next year and potentially develop into a number 4/PP2 guy. Though Id only do it if one of Iginla, Sennecke, Catton or Helenius is there. Or maybe you can trade up to 14 and then trade up once more inside the top 11 to grab your guy.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Barron was sent to the AHL because he didn't have a free "chair" that would allow him to maximise his skill set. There was also too many young Dman on the team. The guy can play in the NHL and give him a role that build on his strenght and he'll do good.
If he was that good, they wouldn’t have had Harris or Struble in there instead of him. Or kovacevich. You’re saying there were too many young D-men yet you want to add another to the mix?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad