HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
I can see Guhle getting moved. I know it sounds crazy, but they can’t afford to lose Matheson yet. They can’t replace his minutes or points. I love Guhle, but you have to give up quality to get a top 6
I need you to expand more please. How is moving the young 22 year old LHD an okay thing, but the 30 year old LHD is something we can't afford to lose as a rebuilding team? Is it because Matheson will help insulate our younger LHDs?......

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Esti not people claiming they need to trade Guhle to make room for Matheson again... I'm wondering how people even know how to breathe at this point.

Probably thank you next year
Something no-one points out is that Ghule needs some time on the PP before we have the influx of young PP foucsed D (Hutson, Mailloux+) and trading Matheson after his career high year would give him that chance. How do we know that Ghule can't be great offensively if he's never even given more than 10 seconds on a PP?

For those who still want Matheson, did you know that before this season Matheson's highest career PP points was 9? That was his first season with us. Before us, it was 6 points and he'd only played more than 1min on average per game for a single season. Since being traded to us, he's received over 3min on average per game. This season he had 28 power play points.....

Reactions: Mrb1p and BLONG7

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: salbutera

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just curious, apart from the fact he's on the block, what makes McGroarty such an appealing option? I haven't watched him, what style does he play?

From what I've read is that he's a big body, goal scorer who isn't afraid of the dirty areas but not the best skater.

F5

F5

F5

F5
CTRL + F4 is faster.

Buyout window open at 2PM today right?
It's 48 hours after, so it doesn't really open up until tomorrow.

Reactions: Takeru and Jaynki

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Just trade Matheson for anything.
He’s reached his peak - Thank me in 3 years
100%

Trade him now while his value is high. This team is a few more years from being any good so there is no need to keep him.

Anyone suggesting Guhle getting traded has really not paid any attention to what the regime is trying to do.
Let’s make another McD and Serg mistake, lol.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
100%

Trade him now while his value is high. This team is a few more years from being any good so there is no need to keep him.

Let’s make another McD and Serg mistake, lol.
The situation isnt the same. Trading those guys with no other young options left a big hole for them, That isnt the case now.

They have a surplus of guys on the left and its possible they intend to take of of the big LD in the draft.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Just trade Matheson for anything.
He’s reached his peak - Thank me in 3 years
HuGo have repeatedly stated their goal is to compete for a playoff spot next season - trading Matheson would be counter to that goal.

Not happening - Habs have entered next phase organic growth …

Rangers shopping KK and 30th pick in a package.......

I would like to get him , even if we need another team to get involved 3way deal ...
Is there some type of deal to be had w Kaako & Mr.Anderson being key assets moved

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I was really unimpressed by Kakko in the playoffs. He moves well, and forechecks well. But he really isn't creative. Did not see many offensive instincts on display.
I found it interesting Larry Brooks questions why NYR never brought in a veteran Finn to help ease Kaako’s transition to NA.

Have have a Finn legend amongst his countrymen in Armia - albeit for 1-more season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad