HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Yeah I'd definitely inquire about Tanev and even Gourde. He's a pain in the ass to deal with even if he's 5'9.

CC-Suzuki-Dach
Heineman-Newhook-Kapanen
Anderson-Evans-Gallagher
Tanev-Gourde-Armia

I just have no idea what Seattle wants in return in addition to taking back Dvorak.

To me SEA will look to shake things up if they trade him. I don't see what they Habs could offer for him except if they think SEA would be interested in a 2nd to have a deeper pool in the next years and if they see the possibility of resigning him. I don't think they'd want Dvorak. I actually think a Tanev Dvorak Armia could be a good forecheck / possession line even though a bigger meaner Dvorak would be ideal.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
A couple of things playing against something happening.

For one, timing — most opportune time for striking these kind of deals is the off season. Begs the question, how did Hughes not know in the off season, that his team lacked forward toughness and an experienced RHD? Or, maybe he fully knew but wasn’t willing to pay what it takes?

Hughes not giving up futures (picks and/or prospects) as part of a deal for above assets doesn’t leave him with a whole lot of appealing pieces to dangle.

Was Hughes just using these rumor mongerers to send a message to his players?
Keep in mind in the offseason we had less flexibility then we do now because of Price's contract and the desire to not use offseason LTIR. It's not something that would've prevented a good deal from taking place, but if the only deals available were kind of meh then it would be something.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Hughes is looking for a younger forward Mathieu Olivier tha he can sign to an extension....if it is a veteran forward who can forecheck Brandon Tanev last year of contract in Seattle.
Would have been great if Hughes could have made him part of a package deal when he acquired Laine. Maybe he tried, who knows.

Friedman did said that, whatever what he is saying is true is something else entirely...
You can only trust Friedman if he’s says he’s certain 96% or greater.

Reactions: sampollock

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Friedman did said that, whatever what he is saying is true is something else entirely...
Top 4 right D going to be expensive. Especially without giving up future.

A second pairing right D costs us Michkov.

Update: Friedman on Mike Futa show today said Habs been asking for an edgy forechecking forward. Somebody without term.

On 690 they mentioned Gourde?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Top 4 right D going to be expensive. Especially without giving up future.

A second pairing right D costs us Michkov.
People need to stop with these posts. Until they have played for a few years Reinbacher is as much a top 2 d as Michkov is a top line forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaP

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
To me SEA will look to shake things up if they trade him. I don't see what they Habs could offer for him except if they think SEA would be interested in a 2nd to have a deeper pool in the next years and if they see the possibility of resigning him. I don't think they'd want Dvorak. I actually think a Tanev Dvorak Armia could be a good forecheck / possession line even though a bigger meaner Dvorak would be ideal.
Both Tanev and Gourde have been in trade rumors because Seattle needs to clear cap space and they're the likeliest candidates to be traded.
Seattle has very little cap space with only 21 players on the roster.
They're ok for now with Dunn on LTIR but they'll have the same problem when he returns and it doesn't seem to be a very long term injury.

So the price should not be that high for those players.

Tanev and Gourde have NTCs though. I don't think it would be a problem for Gourde but maybe it is for Tanev.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Both Tanev and Gourde have been in trade rumors because Seattle needs to clear cap space and they're the likeliest candidates to be traded.
Seattle has very little cap space with only 21 players on the roster.
They're ok for now with Dunn on LTIR but they'll have the same problem when he returns and it doesn't seem to be a very long term injury.

So the price should not be that high for those players.

Tanev and Gourde have NTCs though. I don't think it would be a problem for Gourde but maybe it is for Tanev.
Price would need to be 0 for us to be interested. And even there still not sure i see the point.

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Gourde is 5'9'', I don't think that is what the Habs are looking for.

Montreal wants players who forecheck and can play with pace. They're also looking at short term. Unless they're willing to pay rental prices (i.e. a first for a rental - which is a stupid idea), then Gourde makes sense. I'm not sure he'd be all that cheap though considering how many teams want help at C though.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Montreal wants players who forecheck and can play with pace. They're also looking at short term. Unless they're willing to pay rental prices (i.e. a first for a rental - which is a stupid idea), then Gourde makes sense. I'm not sure he'd be all that cheap though considering how many teams want help at C though.
exactly play hard and work and hit

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Gourde is 5'9'', I don't think that is what the Habs are looking for.
Not only that but he's clearly not a 2nd line center at this point of his career. Anderson-Evans-Gallagher will probably remain our 3rd line for the whole year. So we pay for Gourde to be our 4th line center? What do we do with Dvorak in the meantime? Where will Tanev plays until we trade Armia? Why would we jampack our bottom 6 with old vets?

Ideally we want to give some experience to a couple of kids this season to not have too many green rookies next year. The whole thing to me makes 0 sense. We have more than enough vets the problem was those vets were not playing well until the last 2 games. If we move Dach to wing what makes sense is to give the center position to Newhook again.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
No thank you with that contract.
No evidence that he wouldn't have accepted a different contract that was more in line with the Habs timeline.

Besides, that still gives him only 2 millions a year (unless I missed something and in that case, yes, it does't make any sense).

He's got a 2 mil x 6 contract and has been one of Carolina's worst regular players. I'm ok with them not signing him.
That would make him our 9th or 10th best forward, while filling exactly the role that Hughes is trying to fill. There's also no evidence that filling that role won't be even more expensive at the next UFA "round" (...and for an even worse player)

(Though I thought it was 4 years and not 6... which is a non-negligible difference, considering age and all).

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
William Carrier should've been signed in the offseason.

Signing Carrier likely means there would've been no room for Heineman, who has been better than Carrier so far this year. Plus we have Tuch in Laval who plays a similar style to Carrier and might be ready sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Andy

Jul 6, 2016
When you look at all te UFA’s signed over the Summer, especially the most expensive ones, very few have a positive impact right now on their new team.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Signing Carrier likely means there would've been no room for Heineman, who has been better than Carrier so far this year. Plus we have Tuch in Laval who plays a similar style to Carrier and might be ready sooner rather than later.
Yeah... Fair point. I mean, it isn't how it should be, but it's how it would have been.

Still, by all accounts, Hughes is looking for a bottom-6er with jam. Should we acquire that player, who is gone? ... Probably Heineman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad