HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So to correct you... I didn't "clasify" Hage as just a 3C. I said what if they are. Then what? That was the point.
What if Demidov signs a lifetime contract in the KHL?

I mean it’s pointless to create what if scenarios because it becomes ad infinitum. Talking for the sake of talking. Right now we have a player we picked at 21 that looks like he should have been taken closer to 10. Can’t we enjoy that rather than just think doom and gloom?

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Put a package together with Wifi in it and try to get a 3/4 RD.

If they won’t play him against the Rangers with Rempe in the lineup, just move him, stop holding him back.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What if Demidov signs a lifetime contract in the KHL?

I mean it’s pointless to create what if scenarios because it becomes ad infinitum. Talking for the sake of talking. Right now we have a player we picked at 21 that looks like he should have been taken closer to 10. Can’t we enjoy that rather than just think doom and gloom?

Post spin now because you didn't comprehend the main point well. I already told you, I like Hage just as much as you do but that's not the point. You are here to defend Hage who is 2 or 3 years away and the point is what is our plan if Dach is not the 2C we need. We have a gap. Come on man.

This is what you did and it's on you bud... The red table we have in the Kitchen might not be big enough for our family. Your reply to this would be... The table is not red, it's Bright red. :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Post spin now because you didn't comprehend the main point well. I already told you, I like Hage just as much as you do but that's not the point. You are here to defend Hage who is 2 or 3 years away and the point is what is our plan if Dach is not the 2C we need. We have a gap. Come on man.
It’s not a spin, it’s a reminder to myself that it’s pointless to discuss anything with Habs Halifax. Invented scenario after invented scenario and when you challenge him, he just says you don’t get it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s not a spin, it’s a reminder to myself that it’s pointless to discuss anything with Habs Halifax. Invented scenario after invented scenario and when you challenge him, he just says you don’t get it.

False. Take a moment and go back to re-read. You just don't like being called out. You cherry picked a part of my post and ignored the main point and now your going to spin it because it's a post war about something stupid.

This is why I have to bold things. WHAT IS YOUR PLAN IF DACH CAN'T HANDLE THE 2C ROLE. Hage is 2 or 3 years away. Doesn't have to be confrontational and that is not some invented scenario. It's a real possible situation we might face.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
If they are burnt out after an extra year of development, they should be indeed traded.
Yeah god forbid your players want to play for a somewhat competitive team. They should embrace getting dunked on most nights so a couple prospects can get a little better by getting hemmed in their zone.

Also, unless you think getting help on D or offense would somehow hurt the youngsters' development, these things are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: 417

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
False. Take a moment and go back to re-read. You just don't like being called out. You cherry picked a part of my post and ignored the main point and now your going to spin it because it's a post war about something stupid.

This is why I have to bold things. WHAT IS YOUR PLAN IF DACH CAN'T HANDLE THE 2C ROLE. Hage is 2 or 3 years away. Doesn't have to be confrontational and that is not some invented scenario. It's a real possible situation we might face.
Yeah not confrontational at all when you put it that way :laugh:

Go take a nap man

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah not confrontational at all when you put it that way :laugh:

Go take a nap man

You still never addressed the main point. Seems to me you are easily distracted. It's ok to not comprehend it because we are human but after it was clarified? NO! You deserve what you spit out now

You turned it into Hage only. That was not the main point. I agree with you, Hage has more potential than Kapanen and Beck but once again, he is years away. So yeah, I do think we have needs at center just as much as RD. It's close for me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: le_sean

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Yeah god forbid your players want to play for a somewhat competitive team. They should embrace getting dunked on most nights so a couple prospects can get a little better by getting hemmed in their zone.

Also, unless you think getting help on D or offense would somehow hurt the youngsters' development, these things are not mutually exclusive.

My argument is that you don't owe anything to the players. They get paid millions to play hockey. Deal have to be made in the context that they help the team progress, and keeping your players "happy" isn't the top of the list of drivers to make a deal. Certain deal may have this side benefit, yeah for sure, but a GMs shouldn't be driven by that.

I think that KH is taking that approach too... looking down the road, he saw no short or medium term help on the wing and acquired Laine. While this is a great boost that I'm sure pleased the young vets, it's a hockey move before anything else.

Am I against KH doing deal right now? no, I think that there are opportunities for him to improve the team, but these deal have to be in step with the rebuild and make sense not only for the short term, but long term success of the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
The player Montreal needs to trade is Newhook.....no spot in top 6 and top 9 with the forwards they have coming up....need more of a 2 way forward or physical forward for bottom 6.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The player Montreal needs to trade is Newhook.....no spot in top 6 and top 9 with the forwards they have coming up....need more of a 2 way forward or physical forward for bottom 6.
If Newhook cannot be a top 6 winger in one of the bottom 5 teams in the league, cannot be higher than Heineman Gallagher Anderson Dvorak then it means he is not bringing anything back which would justify trading him.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
My argument is that you don't owe anything to the players. They get paid millions to play hockey. Deal have to be made in the context that they help the team progress, and keeping your players "happy" isn't the top of the list of drivers to make a deal. Certain deal may have this side benefit, yeah for sure, but a GMs shouldn't be driven by that.

I think that KH is taking that approach too... looking down the road, he saw no short or medium term help on the wing and acquired Laine. While this is a great boost that I'm sure pleased the young vets, it's a hockey move before anything else.

Am I against KH doing deal right now? no, I think that there are opportunities for him to improve the team, but these deal have to be in step with the rebuild and make sense not only for the short term, but long term success of the team.
So you're against improving the team... unless it improves the team? I fail to see your point. Morale is part of the game, btw.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Why is wanting to win, exclusive of developing? Why does it have to be one or the other?

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Why is wanting to win, exclusive of developing? Why does it have to be one or the other?
You make it sound like "wanting to win" isn't the default setting of an NHL player. They all want to win. As I said, deals have to be made in the context of the team progress (i.e. development), so no contracdiction here.

So you're against improving the team... unless it improves the team? I fail to see your point. Morale is part of the game, btw.
no, I'm against making trade for the sole purpose of making players happy. Morale can be manage by other means then trades.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Th
He brings much needed speed and versatility to the lineup. I see no reason not to keep him.

Reactions: Deebs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad