HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
No pre-game thread yet so mods can remove this if it violates whatever rule.

Read in Le Journal that Slaf is "incertain" for tomorrow, Matheson is still getting treatments and Guhle not at practice and being evaluated on a daily basis.

Matheson is going to be getting treatments all season long like last year.:sarcasm:
Guhle, I'm expecting back on Saturday.

Slaf, no idea why he was allowed to play with the grimaces he was doing when shooting in practice and the shootout.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
If you guys think Dach is being traded anytime soon, you haven’t been listening to Kent Hughes gush about him every time he does a presser.

He’s struggling after missing an entire season with a serious injury. It’s both a physical and mental recovery period. He will round into form but it will take some time. He’s viewed as one of the core players by our GM and Gorton.
Are some people here actually suggesting we trade Dach? Like, seriously?

I'm quick to point out that he's been bad, but I understand the context and that it'll take some time. We can say that he's not playing well - that's just observation. But, talking about trading him because he's done, that's conclusion. A hasty and bad conclusion, might I add.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If you guys think Dach is being traded anytime soon, you haven’t been listening to Kent Hughes gush about him every time he does a presser.

He’s struggling after missing an entire season with a serious injury. It’s both a physical and mental recovery period. He will round into form but it will take some time. He’s viewed as one of the core players by our GM and Gorton.
Gorton said last week on Melnick’s show, the org entered the season expecting Dach to take at least half of this season to get his bearings after surgery which forced missing a full season

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Gorton said last week on Melnick’s show, the org entered the season expecting Dach to take at least half of this season to get his bearings after surgery which forced missing a full season
Why did they expect to be "in the mix" if they expected their 2nd line center wil take half the season to get his bearings? :huh:

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Because they didn’t expect Laine to be out for 3-4 months - that loss negates offensive production from 2nd line + moves chairs out of position
They expected one often injured player to be the difference for the team to go from 5th last in the league and jump up to around 13th, 14th ?

1000001266.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: The Great Weal

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Because they didn’t expect Laine to be out for 3-4 months - that loss negates offensive production from 2nd line + moves chairs out of position
Laine is also coming back from missing an entire year (he only played 18 games last year).

edit: and the "in the mix" was originally said before acquiring Laine, I believe.

Last edited:

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Habs will not overpay or overbid competitive teams seeking to bolster their stanley cup roster by adding a very good defenceman with a fantastic term and AAV that Andersson is and has.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
They expected one often injured player to be the difference for the team to go from 5th last in the league and jump up to around 13th, 14th ?
Bubble teams are often that short on depth that it just takes one injury to go from being in the mix to being a bottom feeder. Just look at the habs during the Price era...or what would happen to the habs when Markov would go down.

Reactions: salbutera

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bubble teams are often that short on depth that it just takes one injury to go from being in the mix to being a bottom feeder. Just look at the habs during the Price era...or what would happen to the habs when Markov would go down.
Hence the often injured remark about Laine.

If they didn't have the foresight to add someone else, then that's on them and something that should be concerning to fans.

Laine has been hurt like every year for 3, or 4 years before this season

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Need I point out the Habs have played 6 games.

The Habs want to be that close when they've played 60+ games.
That’s exactly why maybe everyone should chill till at least US Thanksgiving to formulate any kind of opinion on the team (coaching is a serious problem, Captain is nonchalant type, Dach is a bust etc.) … now if it was a Preds 0-5 start…

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Where is Hutson? I heard they're all treating him as if he was Makar.
This post is definitely not worth a reply but i'll bite.

When Makar was 20 he had 6 assists in his first 6 games +2 and i highly doubt he was ranked top 10 in the norris race at this point in time.

Nobody is saying Hutson is the next Makar. Makar is one of the best dmen i've ever seen playing the game.

Why did they expect to be "in the mix" if they expected their 2nd line center wil take half the season to get his bearings? :huh:
They did not expect to be "in the mix" as still being in the race at the end of the season. They expected to be "in the mix" as fighting for a playoffs spot for a bit longer than last year.

Last edited:

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Hence the often injured remark about Laine.

If they didn't have the foresight to add someone else, then that's on them and something that should be concerning to fans.

Laine has been hurt like every year for 3, or 4 years before this season
The things you read on here...

Reactions: sampollock

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Laine is also coming back from missing an entire year (he only played 18 games last year).

edit: and the "in the mix" was originally said before acquiring Laine, I believe.
In the mix means nothing. The red Smarties "were in the mix" nack in the 90ies. Those awful cheese stick in Meli-Mélo "are in the mix". Being "in the mix" could be anywhere between 22nd and 16th. This should have been called progression but got to sell something to the media.

Need I point out being 1-pt out of 2nd place in the division + wildcard at present = being “in the mix”
BINGO

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
CC + Mesar + Gallagher (to Vancouver) for: E. Pettersson (plus cap dump to even it out)

cmon Hugo, make it work.

Laine-Petey-Dach after Christmas would look sick.

Next year:

Laine - Petey - Slaf
Demidov - Suzuki - Dach

• Haha
Reactions: sampollock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad