HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The current regime, is trying to change that.....................is it the right time? Is it this offseason we have an upswing to change the narrative? I hope so, but it could be next year too.

I hate losing, and am having trouble being patient right now. It seems like the past two years, we have acquired prospects and picks, to help move the needle this offseason for something we can all be excited about.
Bergevin hurt us more than we all realized, with his terrible draft years, and developing kids.....

Getting closer to being good, but a little more patient? I am not sure I can handle that again.......and I have been preaching it, but a Laine available at a reasonable price? Seems like a good gamble to me.....
Yeah, agreed. I’m willing to be patient but when good gambles are available that can springboard our team… I want to see our team at least try to acquire them and I want our fans to want that too.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
1. SJ - Celebrini
2. Chicago - Dickinson
3. Anaheim - Levshunov
4. Columbus - Silyayev
5. Habs - Sennecke
6. Habs - Eiserman
7. Habs - Parekh

Something like that.
1. SJ - Celebrini
2. Chicago - Dickinson
3. Anaheim - Levshunov
4. Columbus - Silyayev
5-Habs - Demidov
6. Habs - Iginla
7. Habs - Sennecke

I forgot that Lindstrom was also available :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Fans wanted offensive players ? DONE !

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Would you trade Matheson straight up, or as part of a 3 way deal, for Laine?

Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj are going to need to play all on the left side sooner rather than later, maybe starting in October.
No because I feel like Laine is a depreciated asset, while Matheson is the opposite.

Laine's salary, off-ice "issues" and trade demand, will make it difficult for the Blue Jackets to maximize his value.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The current regime, is trying to change that.....................is it the right time? Is it this offseason we have an upswing to change the narrative? I hope so, but it could be next year too.

I hate losing, and am having trouble being patient right now. It seems like the past two years, we have acquired prospects and picks, to help move the needle this offseason for something we can all be excited about.
Bergevin hurt us more than we all realized, with his terrible draft years, and developing kids.....

Getting closer to being good, but a little more patient? I am not sure I can handle that again.......and I have been preaching it, but a Laine available at a reasonable price? Seems like a good gamble to me.....

I think a lot of people realized (although the cap mismanagement and obsession with depth was arguably worse than the drafting/development), some just don't want to be patient.

Laine makes sense as a target, but he would also want to come to Montreal - in his shoes I'd probably pick a market like Seattle who is also reported to have interest.

Reactions: BLONG7

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Laine comes with a host of issues, including a big one: is his game at its peak the kind that helps you win in the playoffs?

This is a concern for me. I just think he and Dach might be a nice fit. Dach is very much pass first and doesn't shoot enough. And, he's all ofver the ice. Laine is shoot first and doesn't get around the ice as well. So maybe each makes up for each other's short comings. Add Roy on the wing who is good all around, and that's a line I would be interested in seeing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would you trade Matheson straight up, or as part of a 3 way deal, for Laine?

Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj are going to need to play all on the left side sooner rather than later, maybe starting in October.

Guhle's perfectly fine playing RD IMO. It's not hurting his development or anything. Not ideal but certainly manageable.

I would not trade Matheson in a deal for Laine. Nope. If I trade Matheson, it's for valuable futures. If I trade for Laine, it's Anderson and Jets 1st and probably Dvorak in that deal.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
With the Devils getting Markstrom, the 10th OA could be used for a dman. They probably want a physical dman, especially since they lost Bahl.

Because Laine is a cap dump and Matheson despite his flaws is still a good player.
If the 10th is in play, i'd offer Xhekaj + 26th for it.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

No one said they were under 6'.

Sure. But that's not a size question now, is it.

Not sure the relevance of either comment :dunno

I think it's pretty obvious that the Panthers current roster is better than the Habs. No one was arguing against that.

it's simply not accurate to say that it's because of the Panthers size that they are better. That's what I was replying to.
you wrote this:
Panthers top 2 dmen are 6' under 200lbs

regardless, I'll be more accurate next time to clarify, I meant team toughness, grit and size, so as not to irritate you

Reactions: Runner77

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
All I want is to acquire a “nice piece for sure.”

It’s always said that one player isn’t the magic pill and it’s always agreed by people like me but somehow other teams try to acquire good players to improve their roster as often as they can whilst we have our own fans poo-pooing every option and supporting the franchise’s bitter conservatism.

You know who’s better in your top9 than Heineman or Farrell? Patrick Laine.

I’d rather root for a former 40g scorer than not. Call me crazy.

Somehow adding talent is always too expensive, too risky, too much for the Habs.
I think we agree that Laine would be an interesting acquisition and could in fact make us better. My point was in rebuttal to the implication that somehow Seattle has more of a "willing ambition to build a winning team" than the Habs do, because Seattle is in on Laine.

I believe that Hugo are in fact looking to build a winning team, even if we are not in on Laine.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
With the Devils getting Markstrom, the 10th OA could be used for a dman. They probably want a physical dman, especially since they lost Bahl.

Because Laine is a cap dump and Matheson despite his flaws is still a good player.
Who says Laine is a cap dump?

• Wow
Reactions: Nogatco Rd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad