HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Seems like more reason to not bother taking on Dvorak. Yeah, he ends after this upcoming season, but they can use that space at the deadline to go after someone else.
Still would have 2-3M in cap room, plus any injury accrual.

Doubt they start the season with their current C depth. Adding a C seems inevitable.

Dvorak can't have value to any team that wants to compete.
That's just nonsense.
There are several forwards on both finals roster that either GM would gladly swap Dvorak for.

Maybe if the Habs retain 50% a team might be interested, but even then. Dude has been often injured with the Habs and doesn't really produce while here aside from his first season because he's injured so much

I'm sure they'd push for retention, or possibly an alternative asset to Kapanen (Kovacevic, Harris or Strubble would let them dangle Lindgren as a trade piece and reduce the cap hit)...

I think the deal as is works for both sides, for the reasons I listed. I'm neither Drury nor KH, so odds of nailing what they both value is unlikely.... But I think the equitable value is there.

Yeah and then Hughes pulls off his mask like in Scooby-Doo and reveals that he's actually been Bergevin the whole time.
Did you steal that from me?

Literally posted the same thing in another thread lol

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Still would have 2-3M in cap room, plus any injury accrual.

Doubt they start the season with their current C depth. Adding a C seems inevitable.

That's just nonsense.
There are several forwards on both finals roster that either GM would gladly swap Dvorak for.

I'm sure they'd push for retention, or possibly an alternative asset to Kapanen (Kovacevic, Harris or Strubble would let them dangle Lindgren as a trade piece and reduce the cap hit)...

I think the deal as is works for both sides, for the reasons I listed. I'm neither Drury nor KH, so odds of nailing what they both value is unlikely.... But I think the equitable value is there.
Those are 4th line players that cost significantly less, or Darnell Nurse.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Do they?
9.2M in cap room with 2 unsigned RFA's dmen who both have 900k QOs.

I doubt either Lindgren or Schneider are getting big contracts at this stage... 4M, maybe 4.5M for both.

With Dvo's 2M over KK's hit, that still leaves them with 2.5-3M cushion for other roster adjustments.
Those 2 made 3.925 last season, Lindgren is arbitration eligible and has played on the top pairing for years, no way they get both for 4.5.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Those 2 made 3.925 last season, Lindgren is arbitration eligible and has played on the top pairing for years, no way they get both for 4.5.
Oops, my bad, was reading wrong QO for Lindgren.

Combined their QO's are 4.5M (3.6 & 900k), but I agree, doubt they get Lindgren under 4 since he has arbitration rights...

Still think there's a deal btw the two clubs that could work, though perhaps it involves one of our cheaper D's instead of Kapanen.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I have yet to see a mistake free player. Perhaps his mistakes are more frequent because he’s on the ice more than most other players in the league and the quality of players he is currently surrounded by: youthful, inexperienced defencemen and multiple fringe NHL forwards. It’s rather remarkable in this writer’s opinion that this much maligned defenceman was able to score 60+ points this season.
More thasn 'Necas

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I do think Kyrou gets traded somewhere between now and draft day, maybe even to us as both teams scouted each other pretty heavily even past the trade deadline last year. He is not getting traded for the 5th OV though

There aren't many *known players available that id be interested in acquiring this year, but I would be down for Laine. Definitely moreso than Zegras and Necas.

2 years is perfect length too. And wouldn't cost much I don't think. Gives us enough time to see if he can bounce back and worst case if he doesn't, he's gone.
After lots of thought, here is my plan:

Principles:
a. Draft top offensive talent
b. Sign short-term UFAs
c. Swap young D for F
d. Get ut of some problem contracts

Detailsd:
1. Draft Berkly Catton at 5OA
2. Trade David Savard with 50% retention for a late 1st from contender
3. Trade the two late first to move up and snag Cole Eiserman
4. Trade Arber Xhekaj for Dawson Mercer
5. Sign Monahan 2 years good money to allow Beck and Kapanen to fight it out for 3C
6. Trade Price, Anderson, Fasrrell and Mesar for Laine
7. Dvorak to Chicago for 5th rounder
8. Sign Matt Roy as UFA D 4 years

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Principles:
b. Sign short-term UFAs
c. Swap young D for F

Detailsd:
5. Sign Monahan 2 years good money to allow Beck and Kapanen to fight it out for 3C

Can't say I like any of those moves except #1.

2 & 3 no thanks from our pov.

#4 (Devil's say no) & #5 (doubt Monahan signs for less than 3-4 years) don't seem realistic

#6 is an easy yes for us, not sure why CBJ would take Price

# 6&7 are terrible for us. Dvorak is worth more to us now, and a lot more in trade at deadline. Roy 4 years is a head scratcher... Makes no sense roster wise and he'd cost a huge premium in this UFA market.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Can't say I like any of those moves except #1.

2 & 3 no thanks from our pov.

#4 (Devil's say no) & #5 (doubt Monahan signs for less than 3-4 years) don't seem realistic

#6 is an easy yes for us, not sure why CBJ would take Price

# 6&7 are terrible for us. Dvorak is worth more to us now, and a lot more in trade at deadline. Roy 4 years is a head scratcher... Makes no sense roster wise and he'd cost a huge premium in this UFA market.
Roy replaces Savard.

Monahan replkaces Dvorak. I'd considfer 3 years if necessary.

Columbus has low leverage.

Eiserman is worth two late firsts.

Could add a bit for Mercer.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Roy replaces Savard.
Prefer Savard in short term both on & off ice value.
Extra years are a negative and unnecessary.
Monahan replkaces Dvorak. I<d considfer 3 years if necessary.
:thumbu:

Columbus has low leverage.
Sure, but there's bound to be other offers that don't require 10.5M in dead money & 3years of Anderson.

Eiserman is worth two late firsts.
Meh. He's not who I'd target if moving up & in this draft, with some intriguing talent bound to slide to the 20's, not worth it.

Could add a bit for Mercer.
Would probably need to and frankly, he's not who I'd target if I'm moving the unique player Xhekaj is.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Principles:
b. Sign short-term UFAs
c. Swap young D for F

Detailsd:

Here's my take :

1. Draft Berkly Catton at 5OA yes but i would draft Lindstrom or Demidov first if avalaible
2. Trade David Savard with 50% retention for a late 1st from contender not sure he's worth a late 1st but if so yes trade him asap and if not wait the TDL but i'd trade him
3. Trade the two late first to move up and snag Cole Eiserman don't think we can move up enough to draft Eiserman with two firsts but if you can move up to draft Sennecke, Iginla, Eiserman with two first and a B prospect like Farrell, Rohrer or Kony you do it.
4. Trade Arber Xhekaj for Dawson Mercer don't think NJ do that but i would consider that trade for sure
5. Sign Monahan 2 years good money to allow Beck and Kapanen to fight it out for 3C i've seen enough of Monahan in playoffs last year to not do that
6. Trade Price, Anderson, Fasrrell and Mesar for Laine don't think i'd get involved with Laine the red flags are so many it's offensive to Native Americans
7. Dvorak to Chicago for 5th rounder i would wait the deadline he's worth more than that and since i'm not signing Monahan i need him for half the year, for the 2nd half i'd try to acquire a center as a cap dump at the TDL and re-evaluate where Beck and Kapanen are next summer before doing anything
8. Sign Matt Roy as UFA D 4 years i'm not super comfortable with 4 years but we will likely need a vet RHD behind Mailloux and Reinbacher and Savard is too old moving forward, you kind need to trade Barron eventually though he could be used with the two firsts to move up enough i guess is anyone is biting

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Principles:
b. Sign short-term UFAs
c. Swap young D for F

Detailsd:
The first you get for Savard and the Jets first I doubt get you close to 10th, but I'll admit this draft is hard to tell. If there's a team at 13thish that views the players there are equivalent to players you can get later in the 1st a team definitely would.

Columbus isn't taking on all that money.

Pretty sure Devils don't do that.

Monahan might look for more term. Hard to tell what his options are, but that would be a good deal.

Would be nice for any team to take on Dvorak. Hell, Dvorak and a 4th for that 5th.

Roy is going for a big contract, so I'd be surprised if he signs a deal for only 4 years. He might take less, but that's likely with a contender to potentially increase his value and allow the cap to go up more so he gets more, but he's probably getting a 6 year contract, or more.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Here's my take :

1. Draft Berkly Catton at 5OA yes but i would draft Lindstrom or Demidov first if avalaible - why not trade down pick up extra first then draft Catton
2. Trade David Savard with 50% retention for a late 1st from contender not sure he's worth a late 1st but if so yes trade him asap and if not wait the TDL but i'd trade him - Savard experience good for our young D. You get more for Savard at trade deadline.
3. Trade the two late first to move up and snag Cole Eiserman don't think we can move up enough to draft Eiserman with two firsts but if you can move up to draft Sennecke, Iginla, Eiserman with two first and a B prospect like Farrell, Rohrer or Kony you do it.
4. Trade Arber Xhekaj for Dawson Mercer don't think NJ do that but i would consider that trade for sure - zero chance moving Wifi. Get more gor him in 3 years
5. Sign Monahan 2 years good money to allow Beck and Kapanen to fight it out for 3C i've seen enough of Monahan in playoffs last year to not do that - no, we have depth at center and he is getting slower
6. Trade Price, Anderson, Fasrrell and Mesar for Laine don't think i'd get involved with Laine the red flags are so many it's offensive to Native Americans - is this a joke
7. Dvorak to Chicago for 5th rounder i would wait the deadline he's worth more than that and since i'm not signing Monahan i need him for half the year, for the 2nd half i'd try to acquire a center as a cap dump at the TDL and re-evaluate where Beck and Kapanen are next summer before doing anything - get a 2nd for him at deadline
8. Sign Matt Roy as UFA D 4 years i'm not super comfortable with 4 years but we will likely need a vet RHD behind Mailloux and Reinbacher and Savard is too old moving forward, you kind need to trade Barron eventually though he could be used with the two firsts to move up enough i guess is anyone is biting - he won't sign here

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He's gonna be 29 in November can't see a team giving him 11+ for 7 years.
A team that's in it now, but a team like Detroit might pay close to that.

I can see a team paying him 10, maybe just over that.

The fact that he can play in all situations makes him a valuable target, but if a team pays him to be a 50 goal scorer... that's almost certainly going to bite them in the butt.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad