HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I mean he had 70 points just one year ago. And we also pay 6.5m to watch Gallagher have trouble skating and 5.5m to watch Anderson do nothing. I can live with 7m for a 25 year old winger that provides upside, size and speed.
That was career year. Domi had 73 points here also. Doesn't mean he's 70 point player.

Necas usually around 40-50 points. Bad defensively, He's Too much money

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That was career year. Domi had 73 points here also. Doesn't mean he's 70 point player.

Necas usually around 40-50 points. Bad defensively, He's Too much money
He had a 41 point year in 53 games. He’s a 55-70 point player. He’s not usually around 40 points. Rookie year is a rookie year. He had one poor season in 2021-22.

Again, one poor season from him is a great season from Gallagher and Anderson. I don’t know why we’d refuse to give him money when we give those two plugs big contracts.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He had a 41 point year in 53 games. He’s a 55-70 point player. He’s not usually around 40 points. Rookie year is a rookie year. He had one poor season in 2021-22.

Again, one poor season from him is a great season from Gallagher and Anderson. I don’t know why we’d refuse to give him money when we give those two plugs big contracts.
Sounds like you have infatuation for Necas. He wants big long term contract and good player in Guhle to give up for a player you don't know. It's going to be big mistake.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Sounds like you have infatuation for Necas. He wants big long term contract and good player in Guhle to give up for a player you don't know. It's going to be big mistake.
I think if necas can be had without giving away a current young roster prospect and he were to sign 6 years under Captain standard, then the strategy for our top 6 becomes just that: two equal scoring lines. No superstars, just solid balanced top 6.. im not against that so long as we then draft a D like Parekh/Dickinson

Reactions: waitin425

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think if necas can be had without giving away a current young roster prospect and he were to sign 6 years under Captain standard, then the strategy for our top 6 becomes just that: two equal scoring lines. No superstars, just solid balanced top 6.. im not against that so long as we then draft a D like Parekh/Dickinson
I think Necas goes to team like Black Hawks. They have the caproom and extra high picks to make such a deal.

Habs don't have much caproom and Guhle hard to give up on.

Reactions: themilosh

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Business as usual in the Fake Trade thread.

h7cldNt.gif

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Like Laine. No thank you.
There is enough of a track record on both those guys to understand this isn't going to help us where we are weak.

We were 26th in GF this past year

Laine had 28 goals in his past 2seasons (73 games) & has a .42 g/g through 400+ NHL games.

Reactions: Pat Riot

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I think Necas goes to team like Black Hawks. They have the caproom and extra high picks to make such a deal.

Habs don't have much caproom and Guhle hard to give up on.

Comes down to this, what would you Prefer:
Dickinson LHD rookie & Necas (2C) locked up at 7.5M/7
Or
Guhle LHD 6m/8 & Iginla (C/W) Rookie

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I mean he had 70 points just one year ago. And we also pay 6.5m to watch Gallagher have trouble skating and 5.5m to watch Anderson do nothing. I can live with 7m for a 25 year old winger that provides upside, size and speed.

So, having two inflated contracts on the team already, we should be less worried about adding another one?

I really don't understand this line of reasoning.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
If we can get Necas for prospects and draft capital (not the 5th) even better.

Something like.....26th + Barron + Mesar/Roy + Dobes

We could draft Demi/Lindstrom/Iginla

Keep Guhle

Future top 6...

Necas - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Demi

Bottom 6.....
Newhook, Beck, Kapanen, Heinemen, Ylonen, Mesar/Roy

future D....

Guhle - Matheseon (keep a vet)
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Future Goalies

Fowler
Primeau/Monty

retain both 25 draft picks to keep the ELC pipeline coming.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Comes down to this, what would you Prefer:
Dickinson LHD rookie & Necas (2C) locked up at 7.5M/7
Or
Guhle LHD 6m/8 & Iginla (C/W) Rookie
It really doesn't come down to preference, though.

One of the structural issues of our rebuild is the age difference between our best young forwards and our best young defencemen, which is compounded by the fact that defencemen take longer to develop into their intended NHL roles.

Trading Guhle for a good, but otherwise unremarkable forward is pretty much the opposite of addressing the above mentioned issue.

On top of that, has this management ever made a move that would indicate they are interested in postponing our competitive window, instead of speeding it up?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Necas and Zegras
Are these the only 2 names KH is looking at?

I highly doubt it...
I bet if he does get someone it won't even be either of these two
Few if any posters were discussing Newhook last year and Dach the year before.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So, having two inflated contracts on the team already, we should be less worried about adding another one?

I really don't understand this line of reasoning.
It’s not inflated is the point. People are afraid of giving him $7m per, but why when he doesn’t have near the downside of those other two and clearly has more upside (at the time of signing).

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I think we all would

That's not bringing anything relevant other than that relevant asset being a pending UFA traded on trade deadline

I wouldnt. I dont think Necas is worthy of the contract he will be asking for

It’s not inflated is the point. People are afraid of giving him $7m per, but why when he doesn’t have near the downside of those other two and clearly has more upside (at the time of signing).

7 millions for a soft 50-55 points winger is not a good way to manage your cap and build a contender team

Reactions: Vachon23

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
7 millions for a soft 50-55 points winger is not a good way to manage your cap and build a contender team
Cole is exactly that and got more, yet people are fine with it. I mean if we are in the habit of just ignoring certain seasons of production, I can even go as far as saying Cole is a 40 point winger.

Reactions: themilosh

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think we all would

That's not bringing anything relevant other than that relevant asset being a pending UFA traded on trade deadline
Not sure I truly understand your post but CAR don't seem to discriminate small players so they might value Mesar more than you think. Armia is a solid middle six forward with size for them who plays a solid 200 foot game and then you get first too.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Cole is exactly that and got more, yet people are fine with it. I mean if we are in the habit of just ignoring certain seasons of production, I can even go as far as saying Cole is a 40 point winger.

The comparison is bad, Caufield scores way more goal than Necas. A goal scorer is a premium in the league. Cole has 81 goals in 205 games versus Necas 97 goals in 362 games

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The comparison is bad, Caufield scores way more goal than Necas. A goal scoring is a premium in the league. Cole has 81 goals in 205 games versus Necas 97 goals in 362 games
It was just to make a point that calling Necas a 50 point winger isn’t fair. He’s already shown that he’s a better player than that. I think there is good upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad