HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I wouldnt mind gambling on Laine but at that point with his situation he's got negative value, one of Anderson or Gallagher got to go the other way

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Interesting but Drouin for 4 years at 5m per year seems like crazy talk. It's also kind of weird that Marchessault is ahead of Stamkos in terms of cap cost despite both being 34, both only getting a 3 year projected deal, and Stamkos not only being more productive this year but throughout their careers as well.

For the Habs Taransenko at 2 years 4.15m seems like a pretty good plan B option.
Drouin lol when was the last playoff game win he played ?

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
His upside would be for him to reclaim his old form

Hes only 26 and a surefire 30 goals scorer per season if he manage to stay healthy. Wouldnt cost much and only have a 2 season contract. Its an interesting gamble with very low risk if he doesnt pan out
and of course the downside is that he doesnt and his contract sinks them for another bunch of years......

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
His upside would be for him to reclaim his old form

Hes only 26 and a surefire 30 goals scorer per season if he manage to stay healthy. Wouldnt cost much and only have a 2 season contract. Its an interesting gamble with very low risk if he doesnt pan out

As you said, his health has been a problem so he hasn't actually score 30 goals once in the last 5 years.

The Habs are at a point that those kind of move are mostly detrimental for the evolution of the team, too many prospect with no open roster spot open as of now.

Reactions: Habs Icing

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
we getting no top 9 players without getting rid of 2 of Armia/Anderson/Dvorak/Gallagher and 1 of Pezetta/Evans/Ylonen

That's our lineup if Dach is back and Ylonen signed

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Gallagher
Armia-Dvorak-Anderson
HarveyPinard-Evans-Ylonen/Pezetta

That entire bottom 6 could be all gone in next year draft. I don't see us adding a core player from a trade without trading our scrap. Also if a player like Roy makes the lineup we might have to waive players...

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
As you said, his health has been a problem so he hasn't actually score 30 goals once in the last 5 years.

The Habs are at a point that those kind of move are mostly detrimental for the evolution of the team, too many prospect with no open roster spot open as of now.

If the doctor say hes healthy and ready to go. Barring his injuries he was still basically a PPG player the last seasons. Like I said because of his lowest cost to acquire then Necas and the duration of his contract I would much prefer trading for Laine then signing Necas for around the same money but for 7 years duration. Laine is only 1 year older than Necas

Reactions: Habs10Habs

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Which is better

Iginla
Guhle

Or

Necas
Dickinson

Honestly my impression is that Guhle provides a lot of leadership, and so the team will hold on to him.
Necas brings what we can only hope Iginla can bring.

Dickinson has a higher ceiling than Guhle, but is 4-5 years before realizing that ceiling, whereas Guhle is probably hitting it in 1-2 years.

I just feel like Necas has massive breakout potential. I know he is 25, but I think his development curve is still rising, and I want a piece of that!

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Necas brings what we can only hope Iginla can bring.

Dickinson has a higher ceiling than Guhle, but is 4-5 years before realizing that ceiling, whereas Guhle is probably hitting it in 1-2 years.

I just feel like Necas has massive breakout potential. I know he is 25, but I think his development curve is still rising, and I want a piece of that!
Necas did not seem to get used as much this year by the Canes as last year either......hence his numbers went down somewhat.
That said, he sure did seem to get a ton of TOI in the playoffs, and was a big player for them....

Would be great, to finally have a serious offensive threat on the team to go with Slaf, Suzuki, CC and Dach.....use Newhook to round out the top 6.

Reactions: waitin425

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
we getting no top 9 players without getting rid of 2 of Armia/Anderson/Dvorak/Gallagher and 1 of Pezetta/Evans/Ylonen

That's our lineup if Dach is back and Ylonen signed

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Gallagher
Armia-Dvorak-Anderson
HarveyPinard-Evans-Ylonen/Pezetta

That entire bottom 6 could be all gone in next year draft. I don't see us adding a core player from a trade without trading our scrap. Also if a player like Roy makes the lineup we might have to waive players...
Geez is that our lineup? Is someone good missing? That's a really lousy lineup. That's what poor Dach gets. I thought we were better than that but when you look at that team...... I think we have a few more years of hurting and signing Laine would be dumb for various reasons. And no blue chip forwards coming either. Bummer! I like Necas though but after the world cup he's gonna cost a bundle. Everyone knows Necas now unfortunately.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
In a perfect world we somehow score Necas with the Jets pick + Barron + Roy. After the playoffs and WC, that will get outbid though.

If we did do it though, and then draft Demi/Lindstrom/Iginla with the 5th......Look the f out!

Necas - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Demi/Lindstrom/Iginla
Newhook - Beck/Kapanen - Mesar
Heinemen - Kapanen/Beck - Ylonen

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Is a hell of a future!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If the doctor say hes healthy and ready to go. Barring his injuries he was still basically a PPG player the last seasons. Like I said because of his lowest cost to acquire then Necas and the duration of his contract I would much prefer trading for Laine then signing Necas for around the same money but for 7 years duration. Laine is only 1 year older than Necas

Doctor can only say if he's healthy now, but not down the road....and that's actually why he's going to cost less than a Necas for example (not really advocating for him either actually), but in the end, you better get certainty than uncertainty,

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
I have really, really liked Holloway this post season. His regular season stats look poor but his play during the playoffs has impressed me. He's going to be an RFA, I wonder if the Oilers would be looking to move him for the right price.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Necas and Zegras
Are these the only 2 names KH is looking at?

I highly doubt it...
I bet if he does get someone it won't even be either of these two

Reactions: BXN

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Necas dad just gave an interview saying his son wants to play on the 1st line and on the 1st PP unit.

Necas wants to play center.

So in other words he wants to be the #1C?

But canes fans are saying he’s shit on the defensive side of things and shit at taking faceoffs. Which is why Brind'Amour ain’t playing him center. And Rod would know a thing or two about what it takes to play center.

And he wants big money.

There is a reason why he’s on the trading block.

Hard pass.

I generously offer the 2025 Pittsburgh 2nd and Anderson. Offer valid for 48hrs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad