HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
no way ANA does this

Norman Flynn suggested during his visit to the Antichamber a major transaction offer between the Montreal Canadiens and the Anaheim Ducks. He suggests that CH general manager Kent Hughes contact Pat Verbeek to offer him the 5th overall pick in the draft in exchange for 21-year-old center Mason McTavish.
If Flynn said it you know it's BS

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Do you think that Hugues has a dark side?

Work a side trade with a team that would acquire B. Tkachuk, and then trade the 5th overall+ to bring him to MTL?

And finally, we go read Sens board… :D

• Haha
Reactions: Svart and themilosh

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Do you think that Hugues has a dark side?

Work a side trade with a team that would acquire B. Tkachuk, and then trade the 5th overall+ to bring him to MTL?

And finally, we go read Sens board… :D
Hugo would (and most likely will)at some point do something like this, and while i would enjoy seeing that done, it's too soon to be burning bridges.. that card is done at the TDL when we're going for a cup run.

So far, all of Hughes' trades have truly been a win-win for both organizations. That seems to be his MO, which makes other GMs feel better dealing with him.

I think all these bingo bango bongo "if" stanley cup then 3rd round pick etc... is just for laughs and side betting amongst gms.

When hugo sends a trade offer my guess is no GM laughs at it, which shows respect. Can you imagine some of the EA Sports trade offers MB sent??? Nobody would take him seriously - thats why he rummaged through the bins.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
5th overall. Is that a carrot that we can dangle for immediate help? I doubt anyone we grab will make a big impact at the NHL level immediately.

Would need to be a younger player with big upside to do it. I wouldn't trade that pick for Zegras for example.

Zegras is a younger player with big upside. Scored 65 points at age 21. Is it possible MSL and Adam Nichols give him more tools?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think all these bingo bango bongo "if" stanley cup then 3rd round pick etc... is just for laughs and side betting amongst gms.

The reason for the 3rd round pick if Winnipeg won the Cup was that picking 32nd is less value than picking 24th to 27th for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Zegras is a younger player with big upside. Scored 65 points at age 21. Is it possible MSL and Adam Nichols give him more tools?
I’m not totally against acquiring Zegras and I would take him
before Necas but I don’t think MSL/Nicholas can do something about his weakness. You need to know and accept Zegras weakness if you trade for him.

Only way I could see a trade with Zegras happen, is if Chicago take Levshunov 2nd and ANA is really interested in Mailloux

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
The reason for the 3rd round pick if Winnipeg won the Cup was that picking 32nd is less value than picking 24th to 27th for exqample.
I understand that, but what does WPG winning the cup have any bearing on a deal done at the TDL. Just take a 4th rounder and call it a day (no strings).

They are just having a laugh.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I understand that, but what does WPG winning the cup have any bearing on a deal done at the TDL. Just take a 4th rounder and call it a day (no strings).

They are just having a laugh.
The point is that if the pick is 32nd (might as well be a 2nd) then Monahan was worth more and then they get a 3rd to make up for that.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I wonder what it would take to acquire SJ's second first round pick from Pittsberg. I feel there will be a very good player available at that range. I mean there could be chances that a guy like Catton, Sennecke or Eiserman be available that far in the draft.

I would dangle CGY's 1st in 2025 along with WPG's first this year to try and acquire a second pick in the top 15 this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe I’m too pessimistic, but I don’t see the value in our WPG and CGY picks (which are both slated to be late first rounders) in an attempt to move up significantly at the draft without coughing up other assets, preferably some D.

You gotta pay to get and this looks like a good year in which to do it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe I’m too pessimistic, but I don’t see the value in our WPG and CGY picks (which are both slated to be late first rounders) in an attempt to move up significantly at the draft without coughing up other assets, preferably some D.

A couple years ago some team traded from 27 up to the Sharks11th just by adding two 2nd round picks.

But given our depth of prospects, without a game breaker, I'd give up A LOT of assets to move up. 5th oa + Jets 1st + Flames 1st + ? For 2nd oa.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Of our Ds not named Hutson, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Guhle, or Matheson, our most valuable D in trade, IMO, remains Barron and his offensive upside.ç

Is he enough tome up significantly from the WIN pick if bothy the Win pick and the CAL pick are packaged with him?

If Xhekaj hadn't just been operated on his other shoulder, I think he would have been more valuable in a trade package than Barron.

Lots of interesting players mid round (12 - 18) this year, depending who slides lower than. expected?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
A couple years ago some team traded from 27 up to the Sharks11th just by adding two 2nd round picks.

But given our depth of prospects, without a game breaker, I'd give up A LOT of assets to move up. 5th oa + Jets 1st + Flames 1st + ? For 2nd oa.
I wouldn't give all that up for 2nd OA.

For Celebrini, I'd give all that, plus Guhle.

Or, if I could get 2 OA for your package, I'd give 2 OA + Habs 1st next year + Guhle for Celebrini.

C-line of Celebrini - Suzuki - Newhook - Beck solves the pivot enigma for a long time for the Habs.

Slafkovsky - Celebrini -UFA (Reinhart)
Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
UFA (DeBrusk) - Newhook - Roy
XXX - Beck - XXX

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicko999

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The amount of posters here trying to make DA PAY OFF!!! As of next year. :facepalm:

The Bergevin era wasn’t bad enough?

Last edited:

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I wonder if Toronto would bite on a trade surrounding Matheson for Marner. Something like Matheson, Winnipeg's pick and Anderson (need some salary dump) for Marner. Dach is the perfect type of Center for Marner. Give him a lesser role on the habs and this could be a franchise altering trade that makes us competitive this year. I also think it would help Toronto. I believe Matheson is better then Reiley and would significantly help Toronto.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

This looks to be a great crop well into the top 15, and if that is correct, I would expect a higher price to pay, which of course can vary according to the trading counterpart and their negotiating acumen.

I’d be dangling assets both to move up from 5th and to move up into the 11-15 range using the WPG pick ++.

Of our Ds not named Hutson, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Guhle, or Matheson, our most valuable D in trade, IMO, remains Barron and his offensive upside.ç

Is he enough tome up significantly from the WIN pick if bothy the Win pick and the CAL pick are packaged with him?

If Xhekaj hadn't just been operated on his other shoulder, I think he would have been more valuable in a trade package than Barron.

Lots of interesting players mid round (12 - 18) this year, depending who slides lower than. expected?
Not sure how valuable Barron is right now but if he’s sought, he’s no dealbreaker.

Reactions: Rozz

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
I wonder if Toronto would bite on a trade surrounding Matheson for Marner. Something like Matheson, Winnipeg's pick and Anderson (need some salary dump) for Marner. Dach is the perfect type of Center for Marner. Give him a lesser role on the habs and this could be a franchise altering trade that makes us competitive this year. I also think it would help Toronto. I believe Matheson is better then Reiley and would significantly help Toronto.
I dont think that it would be enough, we’d have to add more, but let’s say that we end up drafting a real sniper like eiserman…. I would be very excited to see marner-dach-eiserman

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The amount of posters here trying to make DA PAY OFF!!! As of next year. :facepalm:

The Bergevin era wasn’t bad enough? Man…no wonder it’s the same posters.
I don t think MTL should be all in next year but if they are not trying to make the playoffs it is a lack of ambition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad